Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    With Duluth being undefeated. I'm surprised none of their fans are on this forum crowing like a dawn rooster. Must be that hawkey thing.
    Wait, UMD has basketball fans?

As for the hockey team, I got to (had too) sit in the student section last week when MSU put them away in OT.

Comment

After a halftime tie at 27, Vikings storm back for a 67-50 win. Great crowd with plenty of NSU fans. In BB I feel more of a rival with the Wolves than any other team. Vikings lead all-time series 41-40. That tight.
      I guess I was expecting a little more of a crowd, given both teams tend to draw well in comparison to the two D1s. Aberdeen is quite a drive though.

It was a fun game, very physical.

Comment

With Duluth being undefeated. I'm surprised none of their fans are on this forum crowing like a dawn rooster. Must be that hawkey thing.
        Duluth has had a fairly easy schedule but their next four are @ Winona, @ Upper Iowa, @ Augie, @ Wayne. That'll give us an idea of their actual ability.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

I guess I was expecting a little more of a crowd, given both teams tend to draw well in comparison to the two D1s. Aberdeen is quite a drive though.

It was a fun game, very physical.
          I think a combination of the women's game being cancelled, the USD/SDSU games in Verm and Brookings, along with some people being more comfortable at home right now had an impact on the crowd.

Comment

UIU picks up a couple good road wins....built huge lead today against Bemidji, but then then fell behind by as much as 11 in 2H before rallying to win by 4. Glad to see them pick these up...Jareese Williams got hurt end of first half against Winona, didn't play 2H of that game, or these two is out, but is expected back, not sure of timing though. Obviously POY candidate and 20+ ppg not on floor, but UIU gets job done on road.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

I think a combination of the women's game being cancelled, the USD/SDSU games in Verm and Brookings, along with some people being more comfortable at home right now had an impact on the crowd.
              Yeah, true point - and the cancellation of the women's game probably didn't help either. It was still a good crowd for a D2 game.

I'm at Frost right now, had just enough time to stop and get gas and make it in before tip off. Pretty sizable crowd here, as to be expected.

Comment

I was surprised at how discombobulated Northern looked on the offensive end against Augie today. That's actually a compliment, because the Wolves have been so smooth, efficient and explosive for so many years.

And what's the over-under on the number of games Jacksen Moni wears a Northern uniform? I'll set the early line at 58 games.

Comment

Was quoting our radio guy. I'll go with his numbers. Regardless it's tight
                  Haha, ok. I've found discrepancies between teams that keep records before, seems insane to not be able to nail down facts of wins and losses, but from experience, it's incredibly time consuming to compile.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Ridge Viking View Post
                    I was surprised at how discombobulated Northern looked on the offensive end against Augie today. That's actually a compliment, because the Wolves have been so smooth, efficient and explosive for so many years.

And what's the over-under on the number of games Jacksen Moni wears a Northern uniform? I'll set the early line at 58 games.
                    Jameson Bryan completely ruined several Northern offensive sets, four rebounds, five assists, six steals, and zero points. Helluva line.

Based on his previous stats I was extremely excited to see Moni Moni in person. His shot is repetitive and effective even if it lacks rotation. I wasn't expecting him to go toe to toe with the old men Augie starts but the fact that he and Bergen combined for four rebounds in 52 minutes shows they have a ways to go to round out their game.

I think he could end up in the Summit League eventually with the way he can shoot and move, but it will take a year or two before he could contribute.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Jameson Bryan completely ruined several Northern offensive sets, four rebounds, five assists, six steals, and zero points. Helluva line.

Based on his previous stats I was extremely excited to see Moni Moni in person. His shot is repetitive and effective even if it lacks rotation. I wasn't expecting him to go toe to toe with the old men Augie starts but the fact that he and Bergen combined for four rebounds in 52 minutes shows they have a ways to go to round out their game.

I think he could end up in the Summit League eventually with the way he can shoot and move, but it will take a year or two before he could contribute.
                      Jameson was also relentless when it came to pushing the ball up the court. With Augie only playing one game this weekend and Northern playing two, it wouldn't surprise me if the Vikes were trying to wear down the Wolves and it seemed to be making an impact as the second half got underway.

I was in the same boat on Moni. Looked to be really impressive in the first few minutes but I think Dykman and Riemersma just have too much experience and it showed as Moni started to be less of a factor over the course of the game. If he sticks around at Northern for a few more years I'm sure some of that will come together, but I can't imagine a game against a guy like Rocky Kreuser at NDSU or Obanor from Oral Roberts last year would go a lot better for Moni than last night went if he jumped up to the Summit League at some point.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X