Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 6 of MIAA play

I think the theme for the week is can we withstand COVID. As of right now, it appears that all games are a go. At almost the midway point of conference season, you have NWMS undefeated, UCO and MSSU with 1 loss, ESU & FHSU with 2 losses and Washburn with 3 losses as the top 6 in the conference. Here are the most intriguing match-ups or scenarios. MO Southern has 3 games this week. @NSU and then home games with Washburn & Emporia State. MO Southern has only played 5 league games so this week is catch-up for them and going on the road to NSU followed by Washburn & ESU is a tough week. NWMS also has the tough FHSU/UNK road swing followed by 3 games the following week. Lastly, UCO goes on the road to play an up and down UCM team and then they go on the road at Lincoln which is always tough. Those are the most compelling games of the week. We will see if those six teams can distance themselves or if things will be more bunched up after this week.

Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
    I think the theme for the week is can we withstand COVID. As of right now, it appears that all games are a go. At almost the midway point of conference season, you have NWMS undefeated, UCO and MSSU with 1 loss, ESU & FHSU with 2 losses and Washburn with 3 losses as the top 6 in the conference. Here are the most intriguing match-ups or scenarios. MO Southern has 3 games this week. @NSU and then home games with Washburn & Emporia State. MO Southern has only played 5 league games so this week is catch-up for them and going on the road to NSU followed by Washburn & ESU is a tough week. NWMS also has the tough FHSU/UNK road swing followed by 3 games the following week. Lastly, UCO goes on the road to play an up and down UCM team and then they go on the road at Lincoln which is always tough. Those are the most compelling games of the week. We will see if those six teams can distance themselves or if things will be more bunched up after this week.
    NW Schedule says at FHSU and home vs UNK

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

NW Schedule says at FHSU and home vs UNK
      Yes-too bad too- we liked the UNK-FHSU loop- saves lots of WS time and enjoyed the drive between Hays & Kearney.

Comment

Comment

I agree. I was surprised to see that too. Maybe it's a facility availability issue.

Comment

Good point. Seems unfair to the traveling team. Oh well. If anyone can pull it off it will be the Bearcats.

Comment

The rescheduled NW @ ESU & NW @ WU will require separate trips to each game now and an extra 200 mile round trip from Maryville
              Last edited by NWFanatic; 01-11-2022, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
                Good point. Seems unfair to the traveling team. Oh well. If anyone can pull it off it will be the Bearcats.
                I just checked the schedule and the last week of the season NW has Hays at Home and at UNK! If I see AP at the Lions Club on Thursday, I'll ask what the deal is.

Comment

Comment

Not that I've seen. I asked AP why NW did a couple Sat-Mon games...UCM/Lincoln and MSSU/Pitt...the MSSU/Pitt was easy to discern due to the New Year 's Day Holiday, but the UCM/Lincoln one was because UCM's Multi was being used for Graduation so they couldn't play there on the normal Thurs/Sat schedule. I'm betting it was something facility related. If AP is at the Lions Club tomorrow I'll ask about the Hays/UNK change.

Comment

DB suited up but not playing. Covid or injury??

Comment

Final @ Hays NW 74 FH 60. Hays pulled within 4 late but NW pulled away late. Trevor and Wes tied at 19 pts and Daniel had 16. Trevor has an injured left thumb which may have accounted for his below normal 3 pt per cent age. Good road win for NW handing Hays just their 3rd loss of the season without DB playing. Hope he can play this Sat

Comment

Talked with AP today...Hays has a conflict with their facility last week of the season...State Wrestling so they had to switch it up.

Comment

Monster individual performances this week by Trey Buchannon (38pts), Trevor Hudgins (31pts) and Tyler Geiman (28pts) on Sat night. The guard play in this league is really good and they face off in Week 7.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X