Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC Week 7

Some interesting thoughts going into Week 7.
    -- Augie vs UMD(nuff said)
    -- Who gets bit this week
    -- Duluth has yet to be bit, should they be hoping for an outbreak soon or continue to take their chances and toy with a March outbreak
    -- Will Mankato and Moorhead be back and how will the layoff affect them
    -- Can Upper continue their ascent up the rankings

Interested to see how Moorhead comes out after the long covid break. Other than the 3 minute stretch to end the nsu game, dragons had been playing playing some pretty good ball the couple weeks prior.

Comment

Big weekend for the pretty birds from Fayette. They are on a long road trip against 2 quality opponents that have under achieved and would love to throw UIU off they're pedestal. As was stated in the previous post how will the Dragons respond from to the layoff.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
        Big weekend for the pretty birds from Fayette. They are on a long road trip against 2 quality opponents that have under achieved and would love to throw UIU off they're pedestal. As was stated in the previous post how will the Dragons respond from to the layoff.
        Ummm....leave us out of this. Wolves we're picked 9th, we haven't been underachieving, haha

Comment

This is a big weekend for the Wolves. "I Hate Winter" weekend is always a good time and the game tonight is a huge one. There is a good chance there are more 3-pointers taken tonight in Wachs than 2s. If Northern comes out like they have in their previous several games they will be down 30 before the hot tub gets warmed up. If the Wolves are making shots I believe they can beat anyone in the conference, if not they can lose to almost anyone. NSU is so dependent on the deep ball. I'm curious if Jareese Williams will be playing for UIU tonight. He killed Northern in his last trip to Aberdeen.

Then the Wolves have another big game Saturday. I think the Winona game will always mean a little more to my particular generation of NSU fan. Bleeping John Smith and crew were the bain of our existence during our time on campus. While Augie and Moorhead have been more of a rivalry to most NSU fans, Winona will always hold a "special" place in my heart too.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
            This is a big weekend for the Wolves. "I Hate Winter" weekend is always a good time and the game tonight is a huge one. There is a good chance there are more 3-pointers taken tonight in Wachs than 2s. If Northern comes out like they have in their previous several games they will be down 30 before the hot tub gets warmed up. If the Wolves are making shots I believe they can beat anyone in the conference, if not they can lose to almost anyone. NSU is so dependent on the deep ball. I'm curious if Jareese Williams will be playing for UIU tonight. He killed Northern in his last trip to Aberdeen.

Then the Wolves have another big game Saturday. I think the Winona game will always mean a little more to my particular generation of NSU fan. Bleeping John Smith and crew were the bain of our existence during our time on campus. While Augie and Moorhead have been more of a rivalry to most NSU fans, Winona will always hold a "special" place in my heart too.
            I think Jareese is out still, last I heard is they were hoping by playoffs he could be back. Sad to see as he has been such a big part of the program these past 10 years (I kid....). The rest of the team has stepped up, they've won 4 in a row with him out of the line-up. I suspect your right on the 3's - UIU is similar though this year they have seemed to be able to withstand the drought they always have during the game of not hitting shots. Should be a fun weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Peacock View Post

I think Jareese is out still, last I heard is they were hoping by playoffs he could be back. Sad to see as he has been such a big part of the program these past 10 years (I kid....). The rest of the team has stepped up, they've won 4 in a row with him out of the line-up. I suspect your right on the 3's - UIU is similar though this year they have seemed to be able to withstand the drought they always have during the game of not hitting shots. Should be a fun weekend.
              It does seem like Jareese and Smoldt have been at UIU for the better part of a decade! That probably has a large part in the success of the program the last couple of years. If you can have veteran guys as talented as those two you won't be out of many games.

Comment

I do think this is Jareese's 6th year...he redshirted first year, then Covid year. Smoldt's 5th as he played right away as freshman, but Covid year gave him one more. It really does make a big difference. I have wondered if there would be in * by their names in the scoring record books given each got an additional year. No fault of their's obviously just the circumstances of the last 2 years!

Comment

It's been two minutes and no one from UMD has flopped yet, is this normal?

Comment

You happy, you just got your first UMD flop, but it fools john yorkavich and he gives Reimersma #2.

Comment

Andrews has flopped twice, once got the call once didnt.

Comment

And we've got a flop warning on UMD

Comment

How about Blair, next time he takes a jumper and DOESN'T end up on the floor, someone please inform me. I think I'll pop open a bottle of bubbly.

Comment

Refs are mostly letting them play, but some insanely inconsistent calls in this NSU-UIU game. NSU is red hot and up by 8 at half.

Comment

Augie got flop warning on Fink that Wieck helped Yorko call. This is an incredible game being played at a really high level.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X