Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post

Just a guess ... but, I think it might be a bit too early for McCollum to "want" to make a call with USD. I see him focusing on winning another NC and then wanting to see what follows. Vermillion is a dump? McCollum is a neat freak. That might scare him away from from considering a dump.

Comment

I don't believe he would be coming back this way. I don't know his thinking but I audible laughed when I saw his name.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

I don't believe he would be coming back this way. I don't know his thinking but I audible laughed when I saw his name.
        I agree, but I think he would do a good job there.

Comment

Crazy coincidence? Last three MU coaches are now out of a job Anderson retires, Haith resigns at Tulsa and Conzo fired at MU.

Comment

Announced a few days ago but hadn't hit the thread yet (probably because not many care about the women's game which is a shame, its a beautiful game I hope more can come to appreciate it).

https://wusports.com/news/2022/3/8/w...etirement.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by TigerAlum View Post
              Announced a few days ago but hadn't hit the thread yet (probably because not many care about the women's game which is a shame, its a beautiful game I hope more can come to appreciate it).

https://wusports.com/news/2022/3/8/w...etirement.aspx
              Thanks for sharing. I had missed this. McHenry built a top-notch program.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

Thanks for sharing. I had missed this. McHenry built a top-notch program.
                Could/would your coach consider taking this?? The talk has been that funding is not great at MW.

Comment

Originally posted by ichabodhater View Post
                  Jeff Boschee going to pitt state!!

I think Sam McMahon is probably a leading candidate at Missouri Southern now with Jeff Boschee leaving to go to Pitt State. He was an assistant for like 6 years at southern previously. Another obvious candidate would be a promotion for Jamahl DePriest who is the current lead assistant coach at southern as he has a number of years as the top assistant at southern & previously at Newman.
                  Jamaal DePriest went to Pitt State with Jeff Boschee, so he's not likely. I'm guessing the current administration will bring in new blood, instead of a former assistant.

Comment

What do you MIAA folks know about Nate Davis?

Comment

Originally posted by TigerAlum View Post

Could/would your coach consider taking this?? The talk has been that funding is not great at MW.
                      I would be surprised and disappointed if she did, but I have zero inside info.

Comment

What do you MIAA folks know about Nate Davis?
                        Great guy...I think you all will like him a lot. Knew him at NW and spent more time with him the past 2 years at Pitt.

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

Great guy...I think you all will like him a lot. Knew him at NW and spent more time with him the past 2 years at Pitt.
                          He is Northerns 5th AD since 1956. Similar to basketball, there hasn't been a lot of change/turnover which I think is why the massive changes of recent years is difficult for most of the base to deal with.

Comment

He is Northerns 5th AD since 1956. Similar to basketball, there hasn't been a lot of change/turnover which I think is why the massive changes of recent years is difficult for most of the base to deal with.
                            Wow...that's some serious stability. Change is always challenging...especially when you're accustomed to success. If you've had a lot, makes sense the fan base is on edge about it. Is there something under the surface going on or has it just been good people who have been there a long time retiring?

His being at NW means he's been exposed to how to win at a high level, what winning culture looks like too. He knows his stuff, he'll do well with your donor base, I'd think your coaches and athletes will like him too. He'll do well with the fans too...very approachable. Hated to see him leave NW, hate to see him leave Pitt, but really, really happy for him!

I did warn him about the cold...he said Maryville was cold...I said not Minnesota cold and snow! :)

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post
                              I did warn him about the cold...he said Maryville was cold...I said not Minnesota cold and snow! :)
                              Aberdeen is a whole different level of cold than MN. We are considered tropical to there. :)

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post

Aberdeen is a whole different level of cold than MN. We are considered tropical to there. :)
                                My bad...my oldest lives in MN...got that on the brain. Grew up in Chadron, NE...it's a hell of a lot colder there than Maryville is...Aberdeen is north of Chadron...gotta be even colder! :)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X