Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

Wow...that's some serious stability. Change is always challenging...especially when you're accustomed to success. If you've had a lot, makes sense the fan base is on edge about it. Is there something under the surface going on or has it just been good people who have been there a long time retiring?

His being at NW means he's been exposed to how to win at a high level, what winning culture looks like too. He knows his stuff, he'll do well with your donor base, I'd think your coaches and athletes will like him too. He'll do well with the fans too...very approachable. Hated to see him leave NW, hate to see him leave Pitt, but really, really happy for him!

I did warn him about the cold...he said Maryville was cold...I said not Minnesota cold and snow! :)
    It's cold for like two months, plus another two months of chilly. Right now we are teetering on hitting 40 and I'm sweating so I'm down to the work poll, ha. The wind is the make or break deal.

As for Northern, there was a few things that went on over the last 1-2 years that didnt sit well with some (part of why the president resigned) otherwise I would attribute it to outside hiring. For years we have people that went to college at Northern and following college worked at NSU through retirement. Those days are pretty much gone.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

It's cold for like two months, plus another two months of chilly. Right now we are teetering on hitting 40 and I'm sweating so I'm down to the work poll, ha. The wind is the make or break deal.

As for Northern, there was a few things that went on over the last 1-2 years that didnt sit well with some (part of why the president resigned) otherwise I would attribute it to outside hiring. For years we have people that went to college at Northern and following college worked at NSU through retirement. Those days are pretty much gone.
      The dreaded wind...:)

I see. Sometimes going outside the family works...sometimes it doesn't. I'm confident this was a quality hire...time will tell. Hope your fan base gives him a fair shake!

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

The dreaded wind...:)

I see. Sometimes going outside the family works...sometimes it doesn't. I'm confident this was a quality hire...time will tell. Hope your fan base gives him a fair shake!
        As long as he is good at relationships, he'll do great. Virtually everyone I've known loved all the things Josh Moon accomplished but when it came to relationships or interactions he was pretty low. Alienated a lot of student athletes/sports. But pretty tough to be the best in all categories.

Comment

New regime at SCSU.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
            New regime at SCSU.
            Yea I just found out

Comment

Comment

New regime at SCSU.
                That helps explain the Roberts transfer. He may have been gone regardless, but even more of a reason for him to leave.

Comment

New regime at SCSU.
                  Strong candidate possibility (imo): Brett Putz

Comment

Tough business, coaching. I know this year was not a good year by St Cloud standards, but Reimer is not very far removed from back to back NCAA tournament appearances (2018 and 19). Career record well over .500. Maybe there is more to the story that we don't know, but based only on his record it seems that expectations are very high. Good luck to the next guy..

Comment

Originally posted by cat fan View Post
                      Tough business, coaching. I know this year was not a good year by St Cloud standards, but Reimer is not very far removed from back to back NCAA tournament appearances (2018 and 19). Career record well over .500. Maybe there is more to the story that we don't know, but based only on his record it seems that expectations are very high. Good luck to the next guy..
                      New guy better be careful...if they don't win enough, there may not be a program soon after.

Comment

Even though it's D1, I could see some possible trickle-down with his staff. USD hired Craig Smith protege Eric Peterson as new coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                            He has to be considered the front runner right now, at least I would hope. Put Tim Bergstrasser(a St. Cloud native and ex-teammate) in the chair next to him, and that would be a solid start for the rebuild.

Comment

Condolezza Rice

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Condolezza Rice
                                Makes sense to me.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X