Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post

He has to be considered the front runner right now, at least I would hope. Put Tim Bergstrasser(a St. Cloud native and ex-teammate) in the chair next to him, and that would be a solid start for the rebuild.
    Bergstrasser probably not interested in significant demotion.

Comment

Women's Hockey coach just got let go.

Cleaning house today

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Condolezza Rice
        Why go back in time when there is material in the current administration.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
          Bergstrasser probably not interested in significant demotion.
          Not real sure how significant of a demotion it would be. Yes, it is not a program that has had as much recent success as your vaunted dragons. But pay would be the same as its still in the MN state system, he would continue to accrue benefits, he and Putz were teammates for 2 years, its his alma mater, it's his hometown, Putz has proven himself a winner as he won a JR college National title las t year in his first year at DMACC and is now in this years Final 4 and he would be helping build a program basically from the ground up.

Comment

USD & UNO both pass on Mac

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
              USD & UNO both pass on Mac
              Or did he pass on them? I would think, as highly regarded as he is, that he could get a better mid-major DI job than those two.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Ridge Viking View Post

Or did he pass on them? I would think, as highly regarded as he is, that he could get a better mid-major DI job than those two.
                Not sure-just glad we still have Mac for now. NW Boosters needs to offer him a million dollar annuity if he stays a few more years like they did Mel.

Comment

Comment

I would think the MO Southern job would be really attractive to someone. Great fan support, Joplin is a good size community and the location is great for recruiting. NW Arkansas, Tulsa, Springfield and Kansas City kids are all in play if they want to play close to home. I have to think it is one of the top jobs in the MIAA.

Comment

The women's UMKC job is open after Hoyt left to take the Ok. State job, it could be an attractive job for a few MIAA coaches if they wanted to make the jump or even a few former MIAA coaches who have already moved up to DI.

Comment

I wonder if Whitaker (MO West's) head coach will go back to UMKC. She did a great job there a few years back and after making an Elite 8 run this year she may be ready to go back to D-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
                          I wonder if Whitaker (MO West's) head coach will go back to UMKC. She did a great job there a few years back and after making an Elite 8 run this year she may be ready to go back to D-1.
                          my exact thought!
                          Also thought she might be interested in your opening at Wash.

Comment

What made her drop to DII after having a Power 5 DI job?

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post

What made her drop to DII after having a Power 5 DI job?

Comment

There is nothing glamorous about any UMKC job. Does anyone know what the salary differences are? It's theoretically possible she's found her sweet spot and she'll coach there until she retires.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X