Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaching Changes 2022

https://twitter.com/KimAndersonPSU/s...prEYsoXwQ&s=19
    I hadn't seen anyone post this yet so thought I'd start a thread with the first one I've seen this year.

Originally posted by TigerAlum View Post
    https://twitter.com/KimAndersonPSU/s...prEYsoXwQ&s=19
    I hadn't seen anyone post this yet so thought I'd start a thread with the first one I've seen this year.
    This has been widely expected most of the season at Pitt. Don't know Coach A much at all, but he's been great to my daughter the last 2 years...wish him well in his retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

This has been widely expected most of the season at Pitt. Don't know Coach A much at all, but he's been great to my daughter the last 2 years...wish him well in his retirement.
      I heard Coach K the one at UCM not Duke will once again replace Coach A. Maybe with Coach A's players he will once again have a successful first season to put on his bio even though after year 3 he has worn out his welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule4ever View Post

I heard Coach K the one at UCM not Duke will once again replace Coach A. Maybe with Coach A's players he will once again have a successful first season to put on his bio even though after year 3 he has worn out his welcome.
        If that were indeed true then UCM would be getting a new coach. Not bad in my book given the Mules are now officially out of the MIAA tourney.

Comment

I'm surprised Karleskindt never had more success at UCM. Just goes to show how hard it is to win in this league and how impressive KA's run was there. Also how amazing Ben's run has been at NWMSU. There literally is no nights off in the MIAA. Even the worst teams in the league are good enough to catch fire and beat teams on a given night.

Comment

Originally posted by BackdoorCut View Post

I'm surprised Karleskindt never had more success at UCM. Just goes to show how hard it is to win in this league and how impressive KA's run was there. Also how amazing Ben's run has been at NWMSU. There literally is no nights off in the MIAA. Even the worst teams in the league are good enough to catch fire and beat teams on a given night.
            Who is the longest active head coach in the MIAA - how long has each head coach been at their school as the head coach? I know I could look this up but some of you are a wealth of knowledge and might already know this answer.
            Coach Johnson is in his 21st year at FHSU - some of those being in the RMAC.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerAlum View Post

Who is the longest active head coach in the MIAA - how long has each head coach been at their school as the head coach? I know I could look this up but some of you are a wealth of knowledge and might already know this answer.
              Coach Johnson is in his 21st year at FHSU - some of those being in the RMAC.
              Johnson is by far the longest tenured MIAA coach. I believe McCollum is next with 13 years.

Comment

Interesting note from Hoop Dirt today:

https://hoopdirt.com/daily-dirt-3-8-22/

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                  Interesting note from Hoop Dirt today:

https://hoopdirt.com/daily-dirt-3-8-22/
                  Why would the MSSU make this move simply more $$$. Facilities. etc. MSSU has been much more successful over the last decade.

Comment

Why would the MSSU make this move simply more $$$. Facilities. etc. MSSU has been much more successful over the last decade.
                    I heard his in-laws are big Pitt Staters...also heard he wanted the job when they hired Coach A. Pitt also has better resources than MoSo...

Comment

Nebraska Omaha fired their coach. It was suggested they would look at McCollum as a candidate for the D1 position.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                        Nebraska Omaha fired their coach. It was suggested they would look at McCollum as a candidate for the D1 position.
                        That would make much more sense than Milwaukee.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

That would make much more sense than Milwaukee.
                          I'm willing to bet Milwaukee will pay at least $100,000 more a year for their head coach than UNO will. Possibly even $150,000-$200,000 more per year.

He would make much more cents in Milwaukee.

(See what I did there?)

EDIT: Very quick and not particularly thorough Google search shows Milwaukee's head coach will likely be in the $300,000-$350,000 per year range for salary and UNO's will likely be in the $180,000-$200-something range for yearly salary, depending on how high UNO decides to bump it up after Hansen's departure.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

I'm willing to bet Milwaukee will pay at least $100,000 more a year for their head coach than UNO will. Possibly even $150,000-$200,000 more per year.

He would make much more cents in Milwaukee.

(See what I did there?)

EDIT: Very quick and not particularly thorough Google search shows Milwaukee's head coach will likely be in the $300,000-$350,000 per year range for salary and UNO's will likely be in the $180,000-$200-something range for yearly salary, depending on how high UNO decides to bump it up after Hansen's departure.
                            I've said it before and won't go in to details but I think he is looking for a geographic fit where he can win, not the most money if he goes for a D1 job. If he wanted purely more money then he could already have a D1 job making 300k. UNO is in his recruiting wheelhouse- Omaha, KC, Iowa.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

I've said it before and won't go in to details but I think he is looking for a geographic fit where he can win, not the most money if he goes for a D1 job. If he wanted purely more money then he could already have a D1 job making 300k. UNO is in his recruiting wheelhouse- Omaha, KC, Iowa.
                              Fair enough. You know more than I would.

That being said, when it comes to a geographic fit where he can win, I think UNO only checks one of those two boxes. Then again, he's obviously a fantastic coach, so maybe he can make UNO a powerhouse in the Summit. But with SDSU and NDSU consistently at the top, USD always sniffing around as an almost-there, and St. Thomas poised to climb to the top within another 2-3 years, I think he'd have his work cut out for him at UNO, no matter how good he is.

Then again, I have no stake in the game. If he starts taking it to the Jackrabbits and Coyotes year-in and year-out with the Mavericks, I certainly won't complain.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X