Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
    In other news, I saw on Twitter that former Augustana Viking Matt Cartwright has been granted another year of eligibility by the NCAA. Should be interesting to see who from from the Vikings will tackle those defensive responsibilities against him with LeBrun graduated and gone. Hopefully someone as intensely focused on keeping him scoreless as Dylan was.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Sorry, I meant from people who know something about basketball.

(Burn. Recycled, but still.)

Comment

Kid can definitely shoot the ball. Hopefully his knees can hold up.

Comment

North w l
          umd 22 0
          northern 17 5
          moorhead 15 7
          scsu 10 12
          um 7 15
          minot 6 16
          bsu 3 19
          umc 1 21
          south w l
          au 20 2
          upper 19 3
          wsc 15 7
          winona 15 7
          msu 9 13
          usf 7 15
          smsu 6 16
          csp 1 21

Comment

Originally posted by debergfan View Post
            North w l
            umd 22 0
            northern 17 5
            moorhead 15 7
            scsu 10 12
            um 7 15
            minot 6 16
            bsu 3 19
            umc 1 21
            south w l
            au 20 2
            upper 19 3
            wsc 15 7
            winona 15 7
            msu 9 13
            usf 7 15
            smsu 6 16
            csp 1 21
            I'll be pleasantly shocked if Augie goes 20-2 this year. We have a team with 4 players returning who played any real minutes (Fink, Akoi, Tiedman, and Otto, with Fink being the only returning starter) and a slew of transfers and freshmen. Talented transfers and freshmen on paper, for sure, but it will still be a semi-miracle if the coaches can get everyone to gel and figure things out that quickly.

Then again, I really didn't expect us to win the conference this past season either, so it shows you just how much I know.

Comment

So much wrong

Comment

I commend deberg fan for having the cojones to take a stab at the league's W/L record and I believe he/she did a great job in their asessment. As for AU I'm in agreement with MrAugustana, AKA The Apostle of Apprehension thoughts, much youth and new faces to mesh together. A talented group that could surprise fans as season progresses. I will look forwards to Augieholics supreme acumen on AU outlook before the league season begins.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                  So much wrong
                  UMD won't go unbeaten. Augie won't be 20-2. Both may very well win their divisions.

Comment

SMSU will be good. Will be fun to watch. No idea how good, but good

Comment

Looking forward to MSSU playing Minnesota Mankato and Winona State in Kansas City in early November. Always a great weekend of basketball!

Comment

Most schools are at least a week or two into the school year now. Any noteworthy news, surprises, etc.?

I haven't heard much from Augie beyond seeing what the coaches have been posting (for example: https://twitter.com/Schilling_Cody/s...C-2cS19L4rAAAA). Hoping everyone is getting comfortable quickly. Only bringing back 6 players from last year—and only 3 who played significant minutes—there will need to be a lot of gelling that happens this preseason for this team to do more than just compete in conference play.

Comment

I know it's not quite basketball season yet, but we're only 2 and 1/2 weeks away from the official opening of the season (which is glorious, by the way). That being said, is there some way for us to bring this board back to life? Anybody want to start talking mad trash or something? Maybe we need to recruit John and cheesefactor and the Upper Iowa fan whose username I can't remember to liven things up a little bit.

NWMSU fans—are you guys running it back again this year or is this the first time in a while you're not supremely confident in your Bearcats?

Moorhead fan—are you still hyped about the Dragons for this season or has your fervor died down a little?

Northern fans—what should we expect this year? You guys kept Moni from fleeing to D1-ier pastures, what do the rest of the puzzle pieces look like?

Augie fans—what should we expect? Our roster is basically overhauled, so do we think we'll be top tier contenders or are we a year or two away from competing for a conference championship again?

Mankato fans—what's happening with your squad? Any exciting developments? Any players you think will next level the Mavericks and return them to their "how did they get into the Regional again this year?" glory?

Washburn fan—what does life look like after Geiman (and the other guy whose name I can't remember)?

SMSU fans—who will the Mustangs be relying on besides skinny 3-point shooter kid whose name I can't remember?

SCSU fan—despite your initial misgivings about the direction of the program, are you hearing anything that gets your blood pumping (in a good way and not in an angry way)?

Winona fans—will this be the year Eisner turns the corner with the Warriors and gets them back toward the top of the standings?

Wayne fans—you've got Ferrarini back...who else will help the Wildcats reach the level they were at two years ago?

Duluth fans—do you exist?

So many questions, so little time to make bold/outlandish predictions before the season is actually underway and we get to the real answers.

Comment

I'm going to say that we're not going to run it back, but I still think we'll be good. Trevor Hudgins always had control of the pace of the game and just came up big way too many times at key moments to really believe that he can be replaced and the engine will run just as smoothly as it did before. Ben's teams always play hard, work their tails off defensively, move the ball well, and there is still a lot of talent on this team. The guys that are still there may even feel like they have something to prove without Trevor. I think a lot of how good we can be is going to depend on the point guard play, and I don't know that any of us know how that is going to look. Will Diego Benard play more point guard this year? Will Isaiah Jackson be allowed to attempt a shot outside of 8 feet? Will one of the freshman make an impact at the PG position (Jonah Hinton, Naperville, IL or Bennett Stirtz, Liberty, MO)? Stirtz might be more of a 2, but he's a coaches son and highlights from some camps look like he's played some 1 too. There's not a lot a questions for the team as a whole, but it's a really large question in how the team comes together.
                            Last edited by Alfred33; 09-26-2022, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Fully expect Dragons to compete with top teams in nsic and country this season. I think the msum backcourt has the potential to be as good as any in team history. If dragons big guys (Zimmer, Williams, hektner, etc.) show some improvement then no reason dragons can’t be in regional hunt. Msum has 7-8 solid returners back (on paper). Duluth will likely be preseason top 10 in country, but I think dragons have argument for preseason top 25 ranking. Will they play like it right away with the new coaching staff…we will see. Plenty of optimism in my (admittedly biased) mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                                Fully expect Dragons to compete with top teams in nsic and country this season. I think the msum backcourt has the potential to be as good as any in team history. If dragons big guys (Zimmer, Williams, hektner, etc.) show some improvement then no reason dragons can’t be in regional hunt. Msum has 7-8 solid returners back (on paper). Duluth will likely be preseason top 10 in country, but I think dragons have argument for preseason top 25 ranking. Will they play like it right away with the new coaching staff…we will see. Plenty of optimism in my (admittedly biased) mind.
                                Jordan Riewer just did a spittake somewhere.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X