X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DapperDan
    replied
    Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
    it will be interesting to see which job he takes considering how picky he “seems” to have been

same as it was i’d have to know what jobs he turned down to have an opinion on it. umkc, no thanks. others idk any off the top of my head.
    If he wanted to move up he should have done it last year when his star was the highest in the sky that it will ever be.

Leave a comment:

• northwest missouri state
    replied
    it will be interesting to see which job he takes considering how picky he “seems” to have been

same as it was i’d have to know what jobs he turned down to have an opinion on it. umkc, no thanks. others idk any off the top of my head.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post
    Dear Ben McCollum,

Tobin Anderson of Fairleigh Dickinson is drawing a blueprint of your future. Leave a D2 school after you don't win your regional to take a D1 job. Take your 3 best returnees with you to the D1 school. Win your D1 conference tourney to qualify for the NCAA tourney. Knock off the #1 seed and become the darlings of the tournament. Ben, this could be the beginning of a great future for you. Just follow Tobins blueprint and take the plunge. You can do it Ben. The MIAA will be rooting for you!
    Funny... getting under pompous NWMSU fans skin. Actually, we NSIC fans feel the same way about getting rid of Wieck at Duluth and he can take one unpopular player as well. Oh, we wouldn't be cheering for him.

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied
    Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post
    Dear Ben McCollum,

Tobin Anderson of Fairleigh Dickinson is drawing a blueprint of your future. Leave a D2 school after you don't win your regional to take a D1 job. Take your 3 best returnees with you to the D1 school. Win your D1 conference tourney to qualify for the NCAA tourney. Knock off the #1 seed and become the darlings of the tournament. Ben, this could be the beginning of a great future for you. Just follow Tobins blueprint and take the plunge. You can do it Ben. The MIAA will be rooting for you!
    Lol… Ben is 1-0 against that guy fwiw, which is better than Matt Painter…

Leave a comment:

• mosofan1
    replied
    Dear Ben McCollum,

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    2 yrs in a row Ben had a former player start a game in D1 playoffs. Ironic that Blaine won a Regional at Maryville but not for NW. Too bad he didn’t stick here

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied
    Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
    I didn’t realize until I was watching the game that former Bearcat, Xavier Rhodes was playing for Northern Kentucky against Houston tonight.

Xavier was in the same class as Diego and played as a true freshman on the 2019 38-0 National Championship team. He transferred out I’m sure in large part to wanting more minutes with Diego and Hudgins both having the same eligibility left.
    That was a heck of a recruiting class if it had held together... Diego Benard, Luke Waters, Drew Blair and Xavier Rhodes.

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied
    Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
    Looks like Xavier was a starter for D1 NKU(his 3rd team in 5 yrs) even though he played behind Trevor and Diego at NW…hmm
    Yeah, simply amazing that a kid would get better with an opportunity. lol I followed his box scores at Florida Southern the last few years and he was a good player there. I realized he had transferred for his final year when Northwest played at FSC this preseason, but I lost sight of it and was surprised when I saw him last night. He was a 17/18 year old kid here at NW and got minutes on one of the best teams we've had... he would've gotten plenty of minutes here too if he had stuck around, but he's probably more of a lead guard and Trevor Hudgins is one of the best to ever do it at this level. Nobody is going to argue that he couldn't have found a spot to play D1 if he had chose to do so. Pretty cool for Xavier that he got the opportunity to play in the big dance... I don't know if you go to Northern Kentucky with that in mind.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    Looks like Xavier was a starter for D1 NKU(his 3rd team in 5 yrs) even though he played behind Trevor and Diego at NW…hmm

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied
    I didn’t realize until I was watching the game that former Bearcat, Xavier Rhodes was playing for Northern Kentucky against Houston tonight.

Xavier was in the same class as Diego and played as a true freshman on the 2019 38-0 National Championship team. He transferred out I’m sure in large part to wanting more minutes with Diego and Hudgins both having the same eligibility left.
    Last edited by Alfred33; 03-16-2023, 09:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied
    Originally posted by nwstew84 View Post
    Dreamer post he’s coming back for year 5 on tweeter. B412D4C6-A548-4178-80DC-6A00FEE0BFDC.png

Leave a comment:

• nwstew84
    replied
    Dreamer post he’s coming back for year 5 on tweeter. B412D4C6-A548-4178-80DC-6A00FEE0BFDC.png

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    DB made the cut down to 25 on the Bevo Francis list
    Last edited by NWFanatic; 03-15-2023, 07:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• libertybearcat
    replied
    Originally posted by Bearcat97 View Post

I'd be shocked. Isn't he engaged?
    Asked his dad at the MIAA Tourney...he said he had no idea whether he'd play another year or not...seemed genuine in his answer. May be a chance.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat97
    replied
    Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
    What are the odds that Wes uses his extra year? I think he’ll come back IF Ben stays.
    I'd be shocked. Isn't he engaged?

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X