• Show
Clear All

• ForeverGreen
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied
    Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
    With the talk about whether or not HC Ben McCollum applied for the Illinois State HC position before it was offered recently to Ohio State Asst Perdun, when you look at the link(s) below taking into the considerations of interest for this Illinois State Head Coach position, you then have to ask yourself, first of all, where is McCollum's name, and then you also have to look at the level of competition for this mid-level Illinois State HC job. Plenty of interesting names mentioned, especially from high level D1 basketball schools. Certainly, for all of the names of interest mentioned, one would have to consider Illinois State to be exactly one of those mid-level D1 schools Coach McCollum mentioned he might possibly consider as he talked about this during his 810 am radio interview recently. Lots of strong, interesting talented coaches vying for even these so-called mid-level basketball schools. Simply this ... as Alfred33 titled this thread ... the '2022-2023 New Era Bearcats', I would love to see HC McCollum continue to own what a wonderful situation he has a created at NW and make his focus moving forward beyond his Justin Pitts era, and now this Trevor Hudgins era, and show the NCAA basketball world what he is prepared to do next. I would love to see Ben leave no doubt with the roster of high-level talented players he already has returning next season, along with what appears to be a couple of very talented players he has already recruited coming in who have already been posted on this thread, and finally, leave no doubt with the players he has yet to add to this 2022-2023 Bearcat basketball program. Personally, I think there is a HUGE community of Bearcat fans who believe Ben McCollum and his family have a great thing going on right here in Maryville. He has put Northwest basketball on the map. No question there are already plenty of eyes and interest on Coach Mac's accomplishments throughout NCAA basketball ... at any level. It might be one of the best college basketball stories out there and I think there will be plenty of curious eyes to see what Coach Mac is prepared to do next, and even how he navigates this Bearcat program forward through the 2022-'23 season. Fortunately, or unfortunately, for NW Basketball, certainly 'HC Ben Mac's time' will likely be coming in a big way down the road. Already, very deserving. What he has done these past several years in the history of this NW basketball program has been nothing less than magical for Northwest Missouri and the Maryville community. I would love to see what he has next in his bag of magic for these 'New Era Bearcats'. I think the potential of this 2022-'23 basketball team has alot in store for NW basketball fans and can't wait to take the court for Coach Mac.

Lot's of interesting names thrown in the coaching mix for this high-level Illinois State basketball program.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/2/...h-roger-powell

https://pantagraph.com/sports/colleg...42a197832.html

Leave a comment:

• ZubCat81
    replied
    With the talk about whether or not HC Ben McCollum applied for the Illinois State HC position before it was offered recently to Ohio State Asst Perdun, when you look at the link(s) below taking into the considerations of interest for this Illinois State Head Coach position, you then have to ask yourself, first of all, where is McCollum's name, and then you also have to look at the level of competition for this mid-level Illinois State HC job. Plenty of interesting names mentioned, especially from high level D1 basketball schools. Certainly, for all of the names of interest mentioned, one would have to consider Illinois State to be exactly one of those mid-level D1 schools Coach McCollum mentioned he might possibly consider as he talked about this during his 810 am radio interview recently. Lots of strong, interesting talented coaches vying for even these so-called mid-level basketball schools. Simply this ... as Alfred33 titled this thread ... the '2022-2023 New Era Bearcats', I would love to see HC McCollum continue to own what a wonderful situation he has a created at NW and make his focus moving forward beyond his Justin Pitts era, and now this Trevor Hudgins era, and show the NCAA basketball world what he is prepared to do next. I would love to see Ben leave no doubt with the roster of high-level talented players he already has returning next season, along with what appears to be a couple of very talented players he has already recruited coming in who have already been posted on this thread, and finally, leave no doubt with the players he has yet to add to this 2022-2023 Bearcat basketball program. Personally, I think there is a HUGE community of Bearcat fans who believe Ben McCollum and his family have a great thing going on right here in Maryville. He has put Northwest basketball on the map. No question there are already plenty of eyes and interest on Coach Mac's accomplishments throughout NCAA basketball ... at any level. It might be one of the best college basketball stories out there and I think there will be plenty of curious eyes to see what Coach Mac is prepared to do next, and even how he navigates this Bearcat program forward through the 2022-'23 season. Fortunately, or unfortunately, for NW Basketball, certainly 'HC Ben Mac's time' will likely be coming in a big way down the road. Already, very deserving. What he has done these past several years in the history of this NW basketball program has been nothing less than magical for Northwest Missouri and the Maryville community. I would love to see what he has next in his bag of magic for these 'New Era Bearcats'. I think the potential of this 2022-'23 basketball team has alot in store for NW basketball fans and can't wait to take the court for Coach Mac.

Lot's of interesting names thrown in the coaching mix for this high-level Illinois State basketball program.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/2/...h-roger-powell

https://pantagraph.com/sports/colleg...42a197832.html
    Last edited by ZubCat81; 04-02-2022, 02:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    Originally posted by A-TownBearcat View Post

Did he turn it down or was it not offered?

Leave a comment:

• A-TownBearcat
    replied
    Did he turn it down or was it not offered?

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied
    That'd be a hard one to turn down.... If Illinois State wouldn't take a chance on him, it be hard to think that a Big East school would. That'd be cool though.... Brad Stevens first head coaching job was at Butler, albeit they were in the Horizon league then. He jumped straight from Butler to the Celtics.... can you imagine Ben coaching the Bulls in about 7 years?? :)

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    Last edited by NWFanatic; 04-06-2022, 02:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied
    Bennett Stirtz Highlights

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied
    Jonah Hinton Highlights

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied

11 players who raised their stock this season
    A look at the best players throughout the state from this past season, including plenty who raised their stock and status.

Honorable mention: Jonah Hinton

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    started a topic 2022-2023 Bearcats: A New Era

2022-2023 Bearcats: A New Era

Per request, I'm starting a new thread. All things Bearcat basketball as we move into a new era. We'll continue to monitor the Coach McCollum watch here and I'll repost the recruiting commitments in this thread, so that we can close the door on last year's thread and enjoy our championship from another memorable season.

B - E - A - R - C - A - T - S !
    Last edited by Alfred33; 04-01-2022, 06:45 AM.

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X