Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I just saw that on Twitter.

Potential starter, #Gophers veteran forward Parker Fox reportedly suffered a right-knee injury at summer practice. The severity of the injury is unknown.

Comment

Was hoping to see him play at the Barn. That's unfortunate.

What prospects will he have playing pro? If he's two years removed from playing competitive basketball, at the D2 level no less - will he find a spot? Europe, maybe.

Wishing him the best though, big fan of the guy.

Comment

Damn, that sucks.... Even if you didn't like the kid, you have to feel bad for him. I was really looking to see how his game and explosiveness translated to the Big 10... maybe it won't end up being season ending.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Was hoping to see him play at the Barn. That's unfortunate.

What prospects will he have playing pro? If he's two years removed from playing competitive basketball, at the D2 level no less - will he find a spot? Europe, maybe.

Wishing him the best though, big fan of the guy.

Comment

He's probably talented enough, and I've always liked his work ethic. I could see a G-League tryout maybe.

Whatever case, I hope he continues playing somewhere.

Comment

Comment

I have to agree. He's an upper level Div. II guy but , he's 6'8" with no ability to shoot outside of 15 feet. And don't get me wrong, I love the kid and have since he was a JR. in high school, but NBA is a whole different level.

Comment

In a way I miss Parker, his boorish attitude was entertaining as was his skill level. Hope he finds his way back on the court.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
                      I have to agree. He's an upper level Div. II guy but , he's 6'8" with no ability to shoot outside of 15 feet. And don't get me wrong, I love the kid and have since he was a JR. in high school, but NBA is a whole different level.
                      Will agree to disagree. I believe he is a long shot to make the nba, but I believe he has a chance if he developed a jumper over past two years. I think Parker was possibly the best player in d2 two years ago. He is one of the most athletic players to ever play d2 basketball. He was likely to be a starter at the u of mn this year. I still believe he is more likely a European pro, but I believe there is an outside chance an nba team gives him a real look, if healthy (and has developed a jumper).

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
                        Exactly. Parker dominated with length and blocks and dunks on the D2 level. He was likely a top two player in D2 from perception/votes.

Trevor was listed as the 33rd best available after the draft was done. He signed a two way contract which usually dont amount to much but is a special opportunity for him.

Parker will be possibly missing two years of action. His game, while at Northern was certainly no where near NBA level. He is a very hard worker and from receiving almost no interest to what he became at Northern is a testament to that. This is a very tough climb for a guy to battle from this to get NBA attention.

If healthy, he will absolutely be able to play overseas if he wants. Northern alone has a long list of players that have done so. I just can't imagine he'd start at MN and the NBA seems an insane Longshot at this point. But if he's developed a lot and get healthy, who knows I guess.

I hope, for him, that he gets to chase whatever his dreams are. He seemed like a good dude and the relationship with Northern was special. I personally don't care if the Gophers ever win a game and players leaving, I wish them well in their pursuits, but how they do doesn't really affect me either way.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Exactly. Parker dominated with length and blocks and dunks on the D2 level. He was likely a top two player in D2 from perception/votes.

Trevor was listed as the 33rd best available after the draft was done. He signed a two way contract which usually dont amount to much but is a special opportunity for him.

Parker will be possibly missing two years of action. His game, while at Northern was certainly no where near NBA level. He is a very hard worker and from receiving almost no interest to what he became at Northern is a testament to that. This is a very tough climb for a guy to battle from this to get NBA attention.

If healthy, he will absolutely be able to play overseas if he wants. Northern alone has a long list of players that have done so. I just can't imagine he'd start at MN and the NBA seems an insane Longshot at this point. But if he's developed a lot and get healthy, who knows I guess.

I hope, for him, that he gets to chase whatever his dreams are. He seemed like a good dude and the relationship with Northern was special. I personally don't care if the Gophers ever win a game and players leaving, I wish them well in their pursuits, but how they do doesn't really affect me either way.
                          There was definitely twin cities media talking about Parker being likely starter at u of mn prior injury.
                          Last edited by Moorhead123; 06-26-2022, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

There was definitely twin cities media talking about Parker being likely starter at u of mn prior injury.
                            Yes. But in the starting rotation for the gophers is far from NBA. Especially current gophers.

Comment

What a world we live in where Parker and NBA are mentioned in the same breath.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Yes. But in the starting rotation for the gophers is far from NBA. Especially current gophers.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X