• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta love Todd Bouman

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
      Gotta love Todd Bouman

Thought the name sounded familiar but never would have guessed NFL qb. Assume he didn't play much.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Thought the name sounded familiar but never would have guessed NFL qb. Assume he didn't play much.
        Typical journeyman backup. Was in the NFL from 1997-2010 in some capacity, but only played in something like 44 games.

I saw his name in the news not too long ago for his son committing to Iowa State. Todd's currently the head coach at Buffalo MN HS.

Comment

Typical journeyman backup. Was in the NFL from 1997-2010 in some capacity, but only played in something like 44 games.

I saw his name in the news not too long ago for his son committing to Iowa State. Todd's currently the head coach at Buffalo MN HS.
          No longer. Stepped down after his son graduated.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
            No longer. Stepped down after his son graduated.
            Hadn't heard that. Interesting. I wonder if he has any interest to continue coaching or not.

Maybe the Stangs have spot for him, since it's the closest he can get to coaching at his alma mater, haha.

Comment

Hadn't heard that. Interesting. I wonder if he has any interest to continue coaching or not.

Maybe the Stangs have spot for him, since it's the closest he can get to coaching at his alma mater, haha.
              I don't follow NSIC football like I do basketball, so this may mostly not be news to anyone. However, following this down the rabbit hole a bit I discovered that Todd's nephew, Boyer played at SMSU and later coached some there, but is now a coach at USD and Todd's son Aidan has transferred from Iowa State to USD as well.

Comment

Originally posted by NSUgrad View Post

I don't follow NSIC football like I do basketball, so this may mostly not be news to anyone. However, following this down the rabbit hole a bit I discovered that Todd's nephew, Boyer played at SMSU and later coached some there, but is now a coach at USD and Todd's son Aidan has transferred from Iowa State to USD as well.
                (Boyer is back on staff at SMSU)

Comment

Originally posted by NSUgrad View Post

It's funny, I watched Boyer play quite a bit. I'd argue he's the last good QB we've had. Never connected the dots that he was related to Todd.

But as Stanger mentioned, Mr. Pipestone is back with the Brown this season - and we're happy to have him.

We should probably let the NSU fans have their thread back now.

Comment

We should probably let the NSU fans have their thread back now.
                    I was about ready to think you had formed an alliance with 123

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

I was about ready to think you had formed an alliance with 123
                      Works for me.

Comment

First off...sure hope we get a schedule released soon

Secondly, very reliable source says Tommy Chatman to play some Husky ball...lol

Comment

In order to satiate MrAugustana's quest for new information I thought I would add here that Northern added another guard for the upcoming season. Josh Dilling played sparingly last season off the bench at Queens (NC) after he led Crookston in scoring during the shortened COVID year. I'm uncertain if he will be able to play this season or not because I can't possibly keep up or understand the NCAA transfer rules and exceptions. He is originally from Wisconsin so I'm sure Saul's connections factored into Dilling picking Northern. 3 schools in 3 years tough, but hopefully he will find success in Aberdeen.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                            In order to satiate MrAugustana's quest for new information I thought I would add here that Northern added another guard for the upcoming season. Josh Dilling played sparingly last season off the bench at Queens (NC) after he led Crookston in scoring during the shortened COVID year. I'm uncertain if he will be able to play this season or not because I can't possibly keep up or understand the NCAA transfer rules and exceptions. He is originally from Wisconsin so I'm sure Saul's connections factored into Dilling picking Northern. 3 schools in 3 years tough, but hopefully he will find success in Aberdeen.
                            Pretty good addition with just looking at the Crookston numbers. Your guess is as good as mine but I'm pretty sure he can play immediately.

Comment

Schedules are finally out.

Northern men play Northwest Missouri State and Missouri Western in St. Joseph, then host Ferris State and Point Loma in Aberdeen for the SCB Champions Classic.

Three days later they will host Moorhead on a Tuesday.

Three days after that they will host the Dakotah Bank Classic with a TBA opponent Friday night and then playing Presentation in Saturday.
                              Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 10-24-2022, 09:03 AM.

Comment

KAILLEB
                                WALTON-BLANDEN is out with a torn ACL, I have been informed

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X