Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welp...it's tourney time.

Anyone heading down? Wife would like to pack up the kids and head down but I'm a lot more hesitant about it.

Comment

• A lot of good teams at the regional. Imo the key to nsu at the regional is Jackson Moni. If he is knocking down threes (like he does every time nsu plays the dragons for past two years) then nsu can beat anyone. If he struggles from three then it makes nsu road much more difficult. Too lazy to do the work, but I’d bet moni three point percentage in wins is significantly better than in the nsu loses over past few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
        A lot of good teams at the regional. Imo the key to nsu at the regional is Jackson Moni. If he is knocking down threes (like he does every time nsu plays the dragons for past two years) then nsu can beat anyone. If he struggles from three then it makes nsu road much more difficult. Too lazy to do the work, but I’d bet moni three point percentage in wins is significantly better than in the nsu loses over past few years.
        Well *I* have no life, so I did the breakdown!

In 43 wins over the past two years, Moni shot 40.7% from 3. In 18 losses, he shot 27.1% from 3. The season splits are:
        2021-22: 43.9% in 20 wins, 29.5% in 12 losses.
        2022-23: 38.1% in 23 wins, 22.9% in 6 losses.

So good call, Moorhead123! The numbers bear it out.

Comment

• Love when the Moorhead fans take over the nsu chat :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
            Love when the Moorhead fans take over the nsu chat :)
            You are literally the only Moorhead fan. Now you're talking to yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

You are literally the only Moorhead fan. Now you're talking to yourself.
              Not so, my friend. I believe Mark Emmert's Burner is also a Moorhead fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

That would be correct.

Comment

• Have at it.

Know nothing of Emporia. We have to hit threes or we lose. Game isn't for three days. At that point we win or we lose. Season continues or it ends. Chat it up all you'd like.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                    Have at it.

Know nothing of Emporia. We have to hit threes or we lose. Game isn't for three days. At that point we win or we lose. Season continues or it ends. Chat it up all you'd like.
                    Unfortunately, hitting threes is the name of the game for most teams. Not sure it has been good for the game overall, but it is what it is…

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                        Have at it.

We beat Emporia in the MIAA tournament going 3-12 from 3.... they went 0-11. That said, Emporia is a solid team... They do have some size and rebound pretty well. I think they led the league in blocked shots too. Owen Long can really get it going if he has some daylight. In our first game against ESU, Diego Benard, who will usually guard the opposite teams scoring guard, didn't play and Long went off for 29. Diego held him to 2 points on 2 FTs last Saturday. Comithier was probably the one that gave us the most trouble consistently... he's 6'7" and can handle the ball, has a mid range, and can shoot the 3 a little bit... I feel like he got us on the offensive glass some too. If I were a betting man, I'd probably bet Northern, but what do I know?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Emmert's Burner View Post

Well *I* have no life, so I did the breakdown!

In 43 wins over the past two years, Moni shot 40.7% from 3. In 18 losses, he shot 27.1% from 3. The season splits are:
                          2021-22: 43.9% in 20 wins, 29.5% in 12 losses.
                          2022-23: 38.1% in 23 wins, 22.9% in 6 losses.

So good call, Moorhead123! The numbers bear it out.
                          Well done sir. This is good stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

We beat Emporia in the MIAA tournament going 3-12 from 3.... they went 0-11. That said, Emporia is a solid team... They do have some size and rebound pretty well. I think they led the league in blocked shots too. Owen Long can really get it going if he has some daylight. In our first game against ESU, Diego Benard, who will usually guard the opposite teams scoring guard, didn't play and Long went off for 29. Diego held him to 2 points on 2 FTs last Saturday. Comithier was probably the one that gave us the most trouble consistently... he's 6'7" and can handle the ball, has a mid range, and can shoot the 3 a little bit... I feel like he got us on the offensive glass some too. If I were a betting man, I'd probably bet Northern, but what do I know?
                            While Northern plays solid team defense, they don't have a lockdown 1 on 1 defender. Masten is too importantly offensively to guard the other team's best player for 40 minutes and Dilling and Reede aren't the swiftest of foot. Moni and Belka hold their own inside but a team with multiple bigs that crash the board can present problems. Belka has had an issue getting into foul trouble at times this year and he will need to avoid that. The other end of the floor will be interesting. Masten will have to be crafty if ESU is a shot blocking team, but Northern doesn't spend a ton of time in the paint so that might not be as big of a problem. A higher scoring game is probably better for Northern in any game it plays. If they don't make 12-15 threes they probably don't win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

Comithier and Long both tore us up. Comithier really hits the boards, especially the offensive glass. He can shoot the 3, but also likes to take it to the hoop. At 6'7, he is tough to stop. Long has in-the-gym range, and when he gets to feeling it, he is hard to handle. He's also crafty in driving to the hoop and also has a nice mid-range jump shot. He isn't the quickest, but not slow by any means. He struggled in the MIAA tourney against Lincoln and Diego totally shut him down. But that doesn't happen often. He's 1st team All-MIAA for a reason. When he's feeling it, he becomes a real gunslinger and will shoot from anywhere.

Comment

• Northern is going to be in a world of hurt if Trey Longstreet has a role on the team next year. I don’t like picking one person out but he’s a liability in every aspect of the game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X