Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022-23 SMSU Mustangs: Taking a step forward

In a rarity, SMSU seems to have gotten by without any defections. Returning almost the entire group from last year (2 seniors: Byers and Kramer). The two graduations played key roles, but I'm optimistic about the group that redshirted. We'll be young again, with I believe only one senior (hard to say who takes free years and who doesn't).

I expect big things

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
      I expect big things
      As do I. It might be 2023-24 instead of this year, but I think this two-year window has a chance to rival 2016-18. That's how much potential I think this group has. I really like how complementary it seems skill sets could be with the new group.

Comment

Should be a good season. I saw a lot of spark last year, just couldn't get the fire started. Would obviously like us to compete again at the level we were pre-COVID.

Comment

On the women's side, it was announced this morning that SDSU will host SMSU on 11/2 for an exhibition.

Frost is a walkable distance, so I just need to figure out if they'll let a non-Jacks fan sit courtside.

Comment

I expect the Mustangs to start the season undefeated before conference play starts, They better win all those games down south

Comment

SMSU women are playing the #23 Jackrabbits tonight in an exhibition.

As a Brookings resident, I'm pretty excited even though it's a meaningless game. Definitely am wearing the brown and gold today.

Comment

61-37 Halftime

Stangs are putting up just as many shots as the Jacks are, but the size difference is just too much inside. Enjoying the scrappiness of this team though.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                  SMSU women are playing the #23 Jackrabbits tonight in an exhibition.

As a Brookings resident, I'm pretty excited even though it's a meaningless game. Definitely am wearing the brown and gold today.
                  Freshman Madison Mathiowetz from Sleepy Eye St Mary's started tonight for SDSU. Nice gal.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Freshman Madison Mathiowetz from Sleepy Eye St Mary's started tonight for SDSU. Nice gal.
                    Weirdly enough, based on the rosters - she's the closest to being from SWMN on both teams.

It's cool she got the start. Been enjoying this despite the score.

Comment

84-46 End of the Third.

Pretty cool as many SMSU fans came as they did despite the 6PM start.

Comment

Didn't see the end score - Jacks won by close to 50.

Nice of them to invite us out to kick this year off. Kinda wish the Men were still on the schedule like they were for that stretch.

Comment

Weirdly enough, based on the rosters - she's the closest to being from SWMN on both teams.
                          Actually, Hannah Parsley is from closer to SMSU campus....barely.

61.5 miles - Hannah Parsley (Flandreau)
                          61.6 miles - Madison Mathiowetz (Sleepy Eye)
                          65.6 miles - Kenzie Jones (Willmar)

Comment

Pretty cool as many SMSU fans came as they did despite the 6PM start.
                            Probably helps having three SD kids on the team who are all from less than an hour away...

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                              Probably helps having three SD kids on the team who are all from less than an hour away...
                              True, but there were some Marshallites there, and Marshall isn't that much farther than some of the other communities.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X