Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
    Upper just has our number right now -- hopefully we can get them at home

Not a good Winona team. I was not impressed by them, Upper is not quite as good as last year but they still have Jake Hilmer so they can win any game.

gonna be a lot of unpredictable games this year.
    He didn't really have a great game on Saturday. Lucas Duax was all over the court. The offensive firepower is definitely down but the Cocks can still play some tough D.

Comment

Originally posted by The Yette View Post

He didn't really have a great game on Saturday. Lucas Duax was all over the court. The offensive firepower is definitely down but the Cocks can still play some tough D.
      It was obvious that the gameplan going in was to stop Hilmer. McCray...our best defender...was on him all night and did a decent job. 14 points on 13 shots. Unfortunately, Duax shot out of a cannon.

Comment

Originally posted by The Yette View Post

Correct,not huge stats from Hilmer but he hit the big 3 when Upper Needed it for the dagger and he made a couple nice passes and a big steal late. what studs do

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

It was obvious that the gameplan going in was to stop Hilmer. McCray...our best defender...was on him all night and did a decent job. 14 points on 13 shots. Unfortunately, Duax shot out of a cannon.
          I felt Cliff had a good game even though the boxscore didn't pop. He really played hard on D and held him in check. Nice to see

Comment

Former SMSU women's basketball assistant coach (and former WSC player) Clare Duwelius has been promoted to General Manager of the Minnesota Lynx.

Comment

Really liking what I’ve been seeing this season. Wayne was the only time we’ve been truly outmatched.

Comment

Mustangs play great D which will keep them in many games

Comment

I was at The Stew for that one. USF lead for much of the contest and was the better rebounding team, but I like that we grinded out a win in the last few minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                    Mustangs play great D which will keep them in many games
                    Mustang basketball in its purest form. Reminiscent at times of the Stemen era.

Comment

[QUOTE=Stanger86;n731116]Really liking what I’ve been seeing this season. Wayne was the only time we’ve been truly outmatched.[/QU

Looking at Mustang roster, your team is incredibly young. SMSU will be in league championship mix for years to come. If Majouk keeps putting weight on, yiks!
                      Last edited by vikingfaithful; 12-31-2022, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                        Looking at Mustang roster, your team is incredibly young. SMSU will be in league championship mix for years to come. If Majouk keeps putting weight on, yiks!
                        It's pretty remarkable how well they're playing. I thought it was still a year away.

Comment

It's kinda funny, I've been sitting here surprised by the start to the season but back on Page 1 I was drinking the Kool-Aid big time saying this group could rival 2016-18. I think I was expecting the jump to come more next year rather than this year though.

Comment

Mustang basketball in its purest form. Reminiscent at times of the Stemen era.
                            Really playing great defense recently. Everyone, but Cliff McCray has been the leader of this. Also Omot played lock down on Cartwright last game

Just a pleasure to watch the guys play so hard and with such great effort.

Comment

Ho hum, Tim Miles turning around another program.

San Jose State is above .500 against the Mountain West for the first time since they joined the conference in 2013-14. Loss tonight dropped them to 2-1 in league play.

Comment

Ho hum, Tim Miles turning around another program.

San Jose State is above .500 against the Mountain West for the first time since they joined the conference in 2013-14. Loss tonight dropped them to 2-1 in league play.
                                He's good, no question. Wish Miles could have turned it around at Nebraska, but I'm not certain John Wooden in his prime could fix all that ails the Cornhusker program.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X