Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NW Diego Bernard Returning To NW Basketball For Final Fifth Season

Can someone download the Maryville Daily Forum article regarding Diego Bernard's decision to return to the NW Missouri State Bearcat program for his final fifth season? With his decision, Bernard can become the FIRST NCAA DII basketball player to ever win FOUR national championship titles. So frickin' ironic that the 2020 season was called off just as NW was getting ready to host the Central Region with their 31-1 record at that point, before the NCAA took over and put a stop to the remainder of that basketball season for ALL teams. Now, with Bernard's decision to return for his fifth and final season at NW for the 2022-23 season, how ironic that he could actually be playing for a fifth National Championship ring if that Covid season never happened. Regardless, NW fans are going to be out-of-their-minds elated to see this incredible young man back playing for HC McCollum wearing Bearcat GREEN. Can't wait to see this 2022-23 team take to the floor.
    Last edited by ZubCat81; 07-05-2022, 12:32 PM.

4 in a row is a nice thought if you're a Bearcat fan, but we have a long ways to go and some legitimate questions to be answered before we start thinking about that. I'm glad to have Diego and his tenacity back... he'll be a good influence on some of the younger guards. This team has some good veterans and should be deeper than what we've had in the past, but we've had 8 years of elite PG play that we'll be either looking to replace or work around. I'm probably someone that always keeps my expectations low, so that I don't get burned or speak out of turn... comes with territory of also being a Mizzou fan.... lol All that said, I'm looking forward to it too.
    MARYVILLE, Mo. � Diego Bernard has already made a lot of history at the Division-II level. He and Trevor Hudgins are the first players in Division-II men�s basketball history to

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
        Can someone download the Maryville Daily Forum article regarding Diego Bernard's decision to return to the NW Missouri State Bearcat program for his final fifth season? With his decision, Bernard can become the FIRST NCAA DII basketball player to ever win FOUR national championship titles. So frickin' ironic that the 2020 season was called off just as NW was getting ready to host the Central Region with their 31-1 record at that point, before the NCAA took over and put a stop to the remainder of that basketball season for ALL teams. Now, with Bernard's decision to return for his fifth and final season at NW for the 2022-23 season, how ironic that he could actually be playing for a fifth National Championship ring if that Covid season never happened. Regardless, NW fans are going to be out-of-their-minds elated to see this incredible young man back playing for HC McCollum wearing Bearcat GREEN. Can't wait to see this 2022-23 team take to the floor.
        Super cool to have Diego back.

But, I am more interested in this. How is that possible without Covid?

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Super cool to have Diego back.

But, I am more interested in this. How is that possible without Covid?
          I thought the same thing at first, but I think the extra year of eligibility was given for 2020-2021 season, since there was basically no football and they weren't sure about basketball... some schools played sparingly and nearly everyone had a shortened schedule (conference only). So, that being the case, IF the 2019-2020 tournament hadn't been cancelled and IF NW had gone on to win it, theoretically Covid still would have affected schedules in 2020-2021, granting the free year of eligibility. NW did go on to win the national championship in that shortened 2020-2021 season, which would have given them 3, last year would have given them 4, and next year with his "free" year, he would have the opportunity to go for 5. That's a lot of things that have to go exactly right and frankly, a little bit greedy. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

I thought the same thing at first, but I think the extra year of eligibility was given for 2020-2021 season, since there was basically no football and they weren't sure about basketball... some schools played sparingly and nearly everyone had a shortened schedule (conference only). So, that being the case, IF the 2019-2020 tournament hadn't been cancelled and IF NW had gone on to win it, theoretically Covid still would have affected schedules in 2020-2021, granting the free year of eligibility. NW did go on to win the national championship in that shortened 2020-2021 season, which would have given them 3, last year would have given them 4, and next year with his "free" year, he would have the opportunity to go for 5. That's a lot of things that have to go exactly right and frankly, a little bit greedy. ;)

Comment

Comment

Hawk had 3 pts 2 rebounds in game 1. He rolled an ankle and missed game 2

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X