Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm at the Jackrabbit Tipoff event to see the women's game, but my ticket is also good for the men's - SDSU is hosting CSP for an exhibition.

Should be a fun evening. No expectations that the Bears match the Jacks, but I always like these interdivisional matchups.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
      Alright, you convinced me back for a bit, but mainly because of the Pierre passing.
      When I was a manager at SCSU, Pierre was the head coach at SMSU. Him and our head coach at the time, Sam Skarich, got along pretty well as two older guys, Sam used to call Pierre, Prairie du Charme. The story I will never forget about him is the night his team wasn't playing very well and Pierre decided that he was hungry, so off to the concession stand he headed. Only to reappear and eat his popcorn while the game was going on. And him brining in an organ to play music was genius...

Yeah...I'm going to need more stories of this legend.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
        I'm at the Jackrabbit Tipoff event to see the women's game, but my ticket is also good for the men's - SDSU is hosting CSP for an exhibition.

Should be a fun evening. No expectations that the Bears match the Jacks, but I always like these interdivisional matchups.
        53-23 Jacks at the half. More or less expected.

Comment

UMD at Drake tonight. UMD down 15 at half, loses by 23. Drake top player didn’t play. Looks like UMD only playing 6 guys for majority of game. Second half looked like UMD played Drake pretty close. Blair and Brown struggles from 3. Andrews struggled offensively, but did have 12 boards (6 offensive). 19 offensive rebounds for UMD is impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
            Alright, you convinced me back for a bit, but mainly because of the Pierre passing.
            When I was a manager at SCSU, Pierre was the head coach at SMSU. Him and our head coach at the time, Sam Skarich, got along pretty well as two older guys, Sam used to call Pierre, Prairie du Charme. The story I will never forget about him is the night his team wasn't playing very well and Pierre decided that he was hungry, so off to the concession stand he headed. Only to reappear and eat his popcorn while the game was going on. And him brining in an organ to play music was genius...
            As far as SCSU goes the new coach is totally disenfranchising the alumni. I know of one alumni member who was a 4 year starter and captain on the 3-peat NCC championship teams who when the announcement was made sent him an email introducing himself and welcoming him. He has yet to hear back from him.. Then, in the previous 36 years, on the first Friday in August, the basketball fundraiser is held, which ordinarily generates between $15,000-$20,000 for mens basketball. This year that was cancelled and changed to just a golfing day for basketball alumni. It wass very poorly attended and the new coach only showed up at the end and stayed for about 15 minutes.
            This whole hiring was Heather Weems way to take a shot at Kevin Schlagel as she wanted no one associated with his teams or program to be the next head coach at all. I will still state that Putz, who had won a national title 2 years ago was and is more qualified that this putz who was the 3rd chair on a Div. II team. SMH
            Pat stop being such a baby back b*tch about all this. Just admit you have lost access now to the team because you hate everything Winona because they won **** while your Huskies never did. They have a staff that is better than yours and now a off spring from it is going to run the program and make it into a solid one once again. Its ok, you are a tough guy though because you can sit and yell from the stands. Also make up all sorts of stories like the above because for some reason everyone on here thinks you of all people know what you are talking about. Keep it up brah!!! I am gonna be all over you like WSU was on Putz back in the day when he couldn't get off a shot becuaes he was too slow. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by wsufamily View Post

Pat stop being such a baby back b*tch about all this. Just admit you have lost access now to the team because you hate everything Winona because they won **** while your Huskies never did. They have a staff that is better than yours and now a off spring from it is going to run the program and make it into a solid one once again. Its ok, you are a tough guy though because you can sit and yell from the stands. Also make up all sorts of stories like the above because for some reason everyone on here thinks you of all people know what you are talking about. Keep it up brah!!! I am gonna be all over you like WSU was on Putz back in the day when he couldn't get off a shot becuaes he was too slow. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW Go Huskies!
              Sir, this is a Wendy's.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                Pierre du Charme passed away. I didn't know him but knew his brother for awhile. I can't find a list anywhere on a quick search but I know he was quite meaningful in this region. Stanger86 I'm sure you'll know much, much more about him.
                https://www.dobmeierfuneralhome.com/...ierre-ducharme

Thanks for the heads up NSU4LIFE. I found his obituary linked above. He was a feisty coach who had his moments at SSU. The cowboy boots were his trademark. We both entered the league in the fall of 1981. I liked him. Rest in peace Pierre.

Comment

Originally posted by wsufamily View Post

Well this has escalated…

Comment

Was told WSC beat Northwest Missouri by 15 in a scrimmage. Looking forward to watching the Cats in person this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
                      Was told WSC beat Northwest Missouri by 15 in a scrimmage. Looking forward to watching the Cats in person this weekend
                      I assume you are talking about the NW women.

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post

I assume you are talking about the NW women.
                        I was told it was men (I could be mistaken though)

But our women are bad

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post

I was told it was men (I could be mistaken though)

But our women are bad
                          It was men. Happened last year too. Turned out ok for NW by the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

It was men. Happened last year too. Turned out ok for NW by the end of the year.
                            I would not put to much stock in a scrimmage, much like nfl pre-season games!

Comment

Ben probably prefers to lose a scrimmage, so he can coach them hard before the real season starts. He's often said that its harder to coach and make corrections when you're winning. He's complemented Northwest kids because they do come to practice humble despite all the winning, but I'm sure he didn't mind this. That said, during the scrimmage, I bet he was all kinds of pissed off. lol

Comment

No worries on my end, just corroborating wscsuperfan and providing perspective.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X