X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post

HELL NO.
      I may go to the Moorhead game to cheer for the Dragons or the Augie game to cheer for the Vikings, but those would be the only 2 possible scsu games I will attend.
      And I know that I'm not the only basketball alumnus that feels that way.
      For the life of me I can’t understand why you guys have such a problem with your new coach. So what if he was on a team that dominated everybody like 15 years ago. Get over it for crying out loud. Everybody with close contact says he’s great. Why not just give it a chance and see where it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

For the life of me I can’t understand why you guys have such a problem with your new coach. So what if he was on a team that dominated everybody like 15 years ago. Get over it for crying out loud. Everybody with close contact says he’s great. Why not just give it a chance and see where it goes.
        It originally started out that way, but he is slowly alienating more and more people up there as time goes by.
        And he has eliminated contact with alumni. When he was named coach over Putz, he was not going to get any support from the 2007-2014 years, So he still had a lot oy years to win over and he doesn't even try.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

I think this is such a weird argument (and not just from you, DapperDan...it's come up a few times from different posters since Henderson was hired, I believe). I wouldn't care if someone who played for a team that beat Augie consistently got hired after Billeter retires. I'd just want to know that coach was doing what it takes to make the program a winner.

To be fair to Henderson, he obviously hasn't been given time to prove he is (or isn't) doing what it takes to make the program a winner. But unless some other Husky fans get on here and say, "Actually, he's been reaching out to several alums and is building great connections and inspiring the fanbase in St. Cloud," then the only source we have is simple. But if simple's experience has been negative so far, why is it that the only reason he's negative has to be because Henderson played on a team that beat the Huskies (and everyone else) for a couple of seasons 15 years ago?

Maybe simple has a grudge that the Warriors were better than the Huskies a decade and a half ago, but so far, the only people I've seen coming to Henderson's defense are Winona fans who most likely have no real idea what is or isn't going on behind the scenes in Huskyville. (Or maybe some of you guys do...I really have no idea who, if any, posters on here are insiders anymore.)

Personally, we'll see in the win/loss column within the next few years whether Henderson was the right hire. But it's not surprising that the people who wanted Putz hired would be disappointed he wasn't and may not be Henderson's biggest cheerleaders. But if he's a good coach, he'll start winning and at least a few, if not most, of those Putzers will make their way back to the stands to cheer on the Huskies eventually.

But to assume the only reason simple doesn't like Henderson is because he played for Winona just seems like a lazy accusation to me. Then again, I'm neither a Winona fan nor a St. Cloud fan, so I really don't have a dog in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

I think this is such a weird argument (and not just from you, DapperDan...it's come up a few times from different posters since Henderson was hired, I believe). I wouldn't care if someone who played for a team that beat Augie consistently got hired after Billeter retires. I'd just want to know that coach was doing what it takes to make the program a winner.

To be fair to Henderson, he obviously hasn't been given time to prove he is (or isn't) doing what it takes to make the program a winner. But unless some other Husky fans get on here and say, "Actually, he's been reaching out to several alums and is building great connections and inspiring the fanbase in St. Cloud," then the only source we have is simple. But if simple's experience has been negative so far, why is it that the only reason he's negative has to be because Henderson played on a team that beat the Huskies (and everyone else) for a couple of seasons 15 years ago?

Maybe simple has a grudge that the Warriors were better than the Huskies a decade and a half ago, but so far, the only people I've seen coming to Henderson's defense are Winona fans who most likely have no real idea what is or isn't going on behind the scenes in Huskyville. (Or maybe some of you guys do...I really have no idea who, if any, posters on here are insiders anymore.)

Personally, we'll see in the win/loss column within the next few years whether Henderson was the right hire. But it's not surprising that the people who wanted Putz hired would be disappointed he wasn't and may not be Henderson's biggest cheerleaders. But if he's a good coach, he'll start winning and at least a few, if not most, of those Putzers will make their way back to the stands to cheer on the Huskies eventually.

But to assume the only reason simple doesn't like Henderson is because he played for Winona just seems like a lazy accusation to me. Then again, I'm neither a Winona fan nor a St. Cloud fan, so I really don't have a dog in the fight.
            Because he was complaining about it before Henderson even came to town. His mind was made up no matter what.

Comment

I don't know a ton about GLVC ball, but Upper Iowa just lost to a Truman team Wednesday night that is undoubtedly driving all day today to Marshall for a noon game tomorrow before driving down to Maryville for a 3 pm game Sunday. On the women's side here, SMSU and travel partner UMC are hosting the UP schools Thursday and Saturday. SMSU topped Tech while UMC lost to Northern Mich last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                I don't know a ton about GLVC ball, but Upper Iowa just lost to a Truman team Wednesday night that is undoubtedly driving all day today to Marshall for a noon game tomorrow before driving down to Maryville for a 3 pm game Sunday. On the women's side here, SMSU and travel partner UMC are hosting the UP schools Thursday and Saturday. SMSU topped Tech while UMC lost to Northern Mich last night.
                That is a brutal travel schedule for the Peacocks. Some genius set that up.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

That is a brutal travel schedule for the Peacocks. Some genius set that up.
                  Truman is doing that traveling

Comment

Msum gets beat by Black Hills State at the buzzer. Really good game. Two good teams. Seemed like a tournament game. Black Hills pg and center were both very good players. I’m sure dragons disappointed to lose but they played a very good game.

Comment

• Mavs leading Sonoma State at the half 47-22. Malik Willingham with 20

Comment

• Winona squeaks one out against Parkside. Tonight we finally get to see we never knew you Alou Dillon in action. Looks like he is one of the big dogs for Purdue NW. Figures.

Comment

• The Point Loma game was obviously much better than the Ferris St game. The biggest take away from this weekend is that Sam Masten might be the most important player in the country for his team. Sam went out with 2 fouls with about 5 or 6 minutes left in the first half Friday night and the Wolves fell apart. NSU proceeded to have 3 shot clock violations in 4 possessions and the offense was stuck in the mud without him. Ferris got up by about 15 and NSU could never close the gap. I do not believe Ferris is 20 points better than NSU, but the Wolves did not play well.

Saturday was a much different story. Masten still makes the team go on offense, but the defense was much better. Moni is going to have to play inside this year. He is the best interior defender NSU has and I believe the offense can go through him at times when Masten needs a breather. Moni also needs to be a rebounder for this team. The Wolves may have faced 2 of the better big guys they will play all year this weekend. I thought Moni held his own pretty well tonight.

Overall, I think the Wolves will be just fine this year. This team is not the 2018 or 2021 team, but they can be a very competitive team that will be fun to watch. Just please oh please don’t let anything happen to Sam Masten.

Comment

• Good weekend for msum. Took care of inferior SD Mines team today. Jacob Beeninga was terrific. If he plays anywhere near that way the rest of season dragons will be tough to beat. Would have been nice to have Gabe Myren on Friday to help defend BHSU pg as Myren is a strong perimeter defender. Quick turnaround for tough game expected at NSU on Tuesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                              Good weekend for msum. Took care of inferior SD Mines team today. Jacob Beeninga was terrific. If he plays anywhere near that way the rest of season dragons will be tough to beat. Would have been nice to have Gabe Myren on Friday to help defend BHSU pg as Myren is a strong perimeter defender. Quick turnaround for tough game expected at NSU on Tuesday.
                              Maybe not the best choice of words calling a team inferior, when their athletes graduate most of them won't be earning inferior wages as School of Mines is primarily an engineering school.

Comment

• Except we are chatting about basketball not engineering or future earnings. I would agree that many SD Mines players will likely earn decent livings in the future. They were still clearly the inferior basketball team this weekend out of the 4 teams in Sioux Falls.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X