Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How in the name of coaching do you realistically think you can win games when you have the next to last team percentage in 2 and 3 point shots and 12th of 14 team's in free thrown percentage. This trend has been going on for a while.

Comment

The 3-7 (conf) Mules are on course for yet another bad season. The attendance is barely a 1,000 vs the pre coach K days of 3,500+.
      Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 01-24-2023, 06:27 PM.

Comment

I wonder what happens to Coach K now that Jerry is gone (RIP).

Comment

Need to cut ties. Has lost more conference games than won. Plus had a gift his first year. Picking on NAIA schools is the only thing keeping him from having lost more games than won. He did not build. the Arkansas Tech program he inherited a top program went to UCM as that program was (ATU) going down and absolutely ran UCM under. Worst coach in modern history.

Comment

I miss going to the Multi expecting to win...going to a couple of road games to watch a good (Mules) team...making and winning some games in KC...and the excitement of the dance.

Comment

I miss the excitement of the Mules hosting and usually winning the regional and advancing to the Elite Eight. I hope the AD search doesn't drag out too long. I would still like to see Shawn Jones in that position.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post
                I miss the excitement of the Mules hosting and usually winning the regional and advancing to the Elite Eight. I hope the AD search doesn't drag out too long. I would still like to see Shawn Jones in that position.
                I think its 50/50 between Jones and Kathy Anderson.

Comment

Not interested in looking this up myself, but just how often have the Mules hosted a regional, and how many times have they made the Elite Eight?

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post

Not interested in looking this up myself, but just how often have the Mules hosted a regional, and how many times have they made the Elite Eight?

That sounds like a question for Randy. The UCM website only goes back to the 2010-2011 season. While the Mules have not hosted a regional since that time, they did win the national championship in the 2013-2014 season. Prior to 2010 they probably hosted and won the regional two or three times dating back to 2000.

Comment

That sounds like a question for Randy. The UCM website only goes back to the 2010-2011 season. While the Mules have not hosted a regional since that time, they did win the national championship in the 2013-2014 season. Prior to 2010 they probably hosted and won the regional two or three times dating back to 2000.
                      Since the current GAC/MIAA/NSIC alignment was put in place (excluding the COVID adjusted regional of 2021 when the GAC joined the LSC) only three schools have hosted a regional:
                      2013 & 2014 - Mankato
                      2015 & 2016- Augustana
                      2017 - 2020 - NW Missouri
                      2022 - Augustana

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
                        The 3-7 (conf) Mules are on course for yet another bad season. The attendance is barely a 1,000 vs the pre coach K days of 3,500+.
                        The days of 3000+ attendance appear to over with in D2 basketball. Only Northern State occasionally has those large of crowds, which annually leads D2 in attendance at 2357 per game. Fort Hays claims they had 32.000 for the season averaging 2000 a game at #2, which sounds made up.

Comment

[QUOTE=AlexTheHAMMER;n740151]

I think its 50/50 between Jones and Kathy Anderson.[/QUOTE

Shawn Jones yes. Kathy Anderson, no way.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

The days of 3000+ attendance appear to over with in D2 basketball. Only Northern State occasionally has those large of crowds, which annually leads D2 in attendance at 2357 per game. Fort Hays claims they had 32.000 for the season averaging 2000 a game at #2, which sounds made up.
                            I have only been to hays once and it was a women’s regional final but it’s a nice setup in hays. Nice gym, nothing else around really for entertainment. I’d say it’s legit.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post

Hosted the regional in 1980, 1982, 1984, 1985, 1991, 2007 & 2009. It should probably be noted that the first 5 of those were before they changed the hosting rules give it to the top rated team. Back in the earlier years it was a true bid process and the capacity of the Multi played a part of hosting. In 1991, Baptist had the top team but Central hosted. The championship game drew around 6000 (Baptist would have had a much smaller crowd).

The Mules made the Elite 8 in 1984 (although at that time the quarterfinals were played on campus and the Mules & Jennies hosted - only the final 4 teams went to the championship site), 1995, 2007, 2009 & 2014.

Comment

[QUOTE=Kiss My Ass;n740657]
                                Originally posted by AlexTheHAMMER View Post

I think its 50/50 between Jones and Kathy Anderson.[/QUOTE

Shawn Jones yes. Kathy Anderson, no way.
                                Nothing has happened at Henderson that has me saying "we've got to get that guy back".

I'll feel better about Kathy is she fires Coach K while she has the interim job.
                                Last edited by Randy; 02-16-2023, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X