Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UCM - Jennies Basketball

In 20/21 the Jennies went 23-5 with a trip to the Final Four. In 21/22 the Jennies finished at 19/11. This season the conference preseason media poll has them at third and fifth in the coaches' poll. The Jennies' coaching staff is sky high on this year's team, so expect them to be in the mix for the conference title and beyond.

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
    In 20/21 the Jennies went 23-5 with a trip to the Final Four. In 21/22 the Jennies finished at 19/11. This season the conference preseason media poll has them at third and fifth in the coaches' poll. The Jennies' coaching staff is sky high on this year's team, so expect them to be in the mix for the conference title and beyond.
    Jennies have a beast in Collier to replace...having Holden back healthy is a big plus...they didn't seem that deep last year, so I have no idea what else they may have...I need to go back and watch their games from last weekend to see how they look.

Comment

One key addition is Lauren Frost, a 5-8 guard transfer from NE-Omaha. She takes the pressure off Nelson, who was basically the only option at the point last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
        One key addition is Lauren Frost, a 5-8 guard transfer from NE-Omaha. She takes the pressure off Nelson, who was basically the only option at the point last year.
        Watched the MSU Moorhead game last night...small sample size but Holden doesn't look like she's totally back yet...still tough, but before her injury she was a load to handle. Frost looked pretty good, needed to take some pressure off Olivia...tough as nails but she's not built physically for as much as she has been trying to do the last 2 years...I wasn't sure she'd hold up to the physicality of the MIAA but she has done a great job handling it(I'm not bashing her at all, I've watched her play against and with my daughter since they were 10 years old...she's a hell of a player and a great kid).

Littrell is a beast this year and the freshman big looks like she has some potential too. Didn't see a whole lot else...but once again...small sample size.

Comment

Does anyone know if the Jennies have any injuries or sickness as noticed Holden did not play last game. Will have to listen to next game.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule4ever View Post
            Does anyone know if the Jennies have any injuries or sickness as noticed Holden did not play last game. Will have to listen to next game.
            Wondered why she didn't play. Hope she didn't reinjure her knee or something else.

Comment

Holden played some tonight. Obviously not 100%.

Jennies lead by as much as 15 in the 4th quarter and held on for 73-71 win over Southern in the battle of undefeated teams.

Big nights for 2 of the best players in the league as Brooke Littrell had 24 points, 16 boards, 4 assists & 3 blocks while Lacy Stokes had 31 points, 6 boards & 6 assists. Olivia Nelson put the game away with 3 of 4 free throws in the final 8 seconds.
              Last edited by Randy; 12-13-2022, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Holden played some tonight. Obviously not 100%.

Jennies lead by as much as 15 in the 4th quarter and held on for 73-71 win over Southern in the battle of undefeated teams.

Big nights for 2 of the best players in the league as Brooke Littrell had 24 points, 16 boards, 4 assists & 3 blocks while Lacy Stokes had 31 points, 6 boards & 6 assists. Olivia Nelson put the game away with 3 of 4 free throws in the final 8 seconds.
                Watched most of the game. I agree, Holden doesn't look 100%...she's still tough. Thought UCM was gonna let it slide away...MoSo has shown to be tough late in games. Excellent win by UCM...wasn't sure how good they'd be w/o Collier, but they sure look to be pretty stout again this year.

Seems like maybe the top 5 or 6 of the conference may be creating a little more separation from the rest of the pack this year.

Comment

Littrell is a beast. At 6'02" she can post up but also hit the 3. She can handle the ball when needed and has great court awareness. Those assists were mostly hitting a cutter from the weak side for a layup after the ball was worked into her on the blocks.

Comment

Littrell is a beast. At 6'02" she can post up but also hit the 3. She can handle the ball when needed and has great court awareness. Those assists were mostly hitting a cutter from the weak side for a layup after the ball was worked into her on the blocks.
                    Yes she is.

Comment

Yes she is. We had no answer for her, and we did a poor job covering the cutters. When it went from 9 to 15 in the 4th, I thought it was over. Our ladies made a strong comeback and make the game interesting, but you guys did what was necessary to win. You guys have a very good team, and Littrell definitely poses some matchup problems.

Games between the top 5 or 6 teams in this league will be very interesting cause the teams are so good. MOSO is very streaky. We'll go 6 minutes and score 2 points and then look unbeatable for a few minutes. We have to figure out how to stop those cold streaks if we are going to compete for the top of this league.

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post

Yes she is. We had no answer for her, and we did a poor job covering the cutters. When it went from 9 to 15 in the 4th, I thought it was over. Our ladies made a strong comeback and make the game interesting, but you guys did what was necessary to win. You guys have a very good team, and Littrell definitely poses some matchup problems.

Games between the top 5 or 6 teams in this league will be very interesting cause the teams are so good. MOSO is very streaky. We'll go 6 minutes and score 2 points and then look unbeatable for a few minutes. We have to figure out how to stop those cold streaks if we are going to compete for the top of this league.
                        Looks like all those top teams have the propensity to run off a cold streak or two during tight games. That happened to be the first time MoSo didn't pull it out. Top of the league is definitely tough...Gonna be a fun season.

Comment

Holden is not 100%, so they are playing her sparingly right now. Losing Chuck will hurt (good thing they had Campbell as a GA with a year of eligibility) , but still have more depth this season than last.

We know what we have with Nelson and Littrell. Tough 1-2 punch. Frost is a nice addition but Tull has been key as well. The one that has a high ceiling and is working slowly is Smith. She was a bucket in high school and is pretty smooth on the court. She will only get better. Hackerott has given some good minutes early too. Slifer loves this group. If they stay healthy...it should be a fun March for the Jens.

Comment

Brooke Littrell was voted the MIAA Women's Basketball Athlete of the Week for the fourth straight week. The 6'2" redshirt sophomore is averaging 20 points and 9 rebounds per game for the 5th ranked 15-0 Jennies.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post
                              Brooke Littrell was voted the MIAA Women's Basketball Athlete of the Week for the fourth straight week. The 6'2" redshirt sophomore is averaging 20 points and 9 rebounds per game for the 5th ranked 15-0 Jennies.
                              She's playing lights out...if I can borrow a familiar football board saying...she needs to move up! :-)

Get to see her in person Saturday...although I'll be rooting against the Jennies! ;) I will be cheering for Olivia Nelson and Ali Vigil though...both played club ball with my daughter.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X