Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post
    Our men played a very good game vs Kearney last night shooting the lights out from 3 (going 17-28) and really sharing the ball (20 assists on 30 made FG). Winston Dessesow hit his first 6 3-point attempts and ended up with 27 points. He has really broken out the last several games and has become a real threat from 3-point land. Our guys also dominated the boards and played good defense. With this win, one more victory or one loss by Washburn and Rogrrs State will wrap up a top 6 finish and will mean we don't play till Friday in KC. Definitely have a tough one Saturday vs Fort Hays, who we are battling for 5th. Parker Long tweaked his earlier foot injury last night, so hope it is minor and that he will be back soon. It was unfortunate, because Parker had just played his best half of the year with 10 points, 4 assists, and 5 rebounds. Heal quickly Parker!!!
    Dang 17 3’s. Buzz saw.

Comment

What a tight, intense game for our ladies yesterday pulling out the win vs. Fort Hays. It was such a tough, physical game with Hays really beating Lacy up. Lacy hung in there tough and delivered a strong performance. It was fun to watch Layne Skiles and Katie Wagner really battle each other. Layne played tremendous defense and controlled Katie as well as she can be controlled. If the games this week are any indication, the ladies tourney in KC is going to be a real battle and very intense.

Comment

The guys did not play very tough yesterday. The first 12-14 minutes were a tough defensive battle before Hays took control. Hammeke really went off for Hays in the 2nd half and we had no answer. After getting down by 24, our guys did show some fight getting it to within 10 before we lost by 14. Was glad to see that Parker Long is healthy and making contributions. Tough schedule next week at Washburn and at Northwest. We need to beat Washburn Thursday to wrap up the 6th seed and a Friday game in KC.

Comment

Not a very impressive game by our ladies tonight. We were up by 14 going into the 4th quarter before letting Washburn get back within 6. A strong run to close the game sealed the win. Mia Topping played an amazing game scoring 23 points tonight. It's great to get that kind of contribution off the bench. Congrats to Layne Skiles on passing 1000 career points tonight. Congrats to Madi Stokes for breaking MOSO's single season blocks record and now recording the highest block totals for a freshman, sophomore, and a junior.

Comment

An abysmal first half performance by our men tonight falling behind by 19. At one point we were down by 25 after a 31-6 run by Washburn. Washburn was on fire hitting their first 7 threes. But they were wide open shots with our men doing playing much defense or giving much effort. Washburn got 9 offensive rebounds while we got only 8 defensive rebounds. Just terrible effort. Let's see how much pride the men have in themselves and see if they show better effort in the second half.

Comment

Poor effort tonight. The men could not cut into the lead early in the second half falling behind by 22 in the first five minutes. It looked like Sam spent the last 15 minutes sending a message to several starters by playing guys deeper down on the bench. This should be a very passed off team who plays NW on Saturday, but NW is way too good to give us any chance. We now require a lot of help to avoid playing on Wednesday in KC. Definitely need Rogers State to lose Saturday, and possibly Washburn too. What a disappointing performance and lack of effort.

Comment

Solid, but not a spectacular win today over NW by our ladies to keep our regional hopes alive. Did not rebound very well and had more turnovers that assists. The defense did play very well and was key to the win. Lacy Stokes and Kryslyn Jones both played well scoring 22 points each. Now on to the MIAA tourney where we will play Pitt on Friday. Pitt has taken both matchups this season, so we have our hands full. This matchup may very well be a regional elimination game, so it is huge. Go Lions!!!

Comment

Lacy Stokes took over the game in the 4th today. I’ve seen her name mentioned on here several times throughout the year… never realized she’s the smallest girl on the court! She’s impressive… just went about her business of being a killer with a quiet demeanor. I’m sure she’s pretty easy to cheer for.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
                    Lacy Stokes took over the game in the 4th today. I’ve seen her name mentioned on here several times throughout the year… never realized she’s the smallest girl on the court! She’s impressive… just went about her business of being a killer with a quiet demeanor. I’m sure she’s pretty easy to cheer for.
                    She is 5'4, but has a huge heart. She is a local girl, goes about her business, is a good leader, and has a great sense of humor and attitude. She seems very nice, as does her family. She is very easy to cheer for, and we are glad she'll be here for two more years!

Comment

Much better effort by our guys today, but NW is just too good. That NW defense may be their best ever and is as good as I've seen. With our 3 game losing streak to end the season, we are now relegated to playing the opening round game on Wednesday. Hope we show good effort like we did today and break that losing streak in KC on Wednesday.

Comment

Am I thinking correctly that our men’s path to the Sunday championship would be against a couple of MIAA teams who are winless against us this year?

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
                          Am I thinking correctly that our men’s path to the Sunday championship would be against a couple of MIAA teams who are winless against us this year?
                          I guess we’d have to dispose of Emporia next after we beat UCO for the third time this year.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post

I guess we’d have to dispose of Emporia next after we beat UCO for the third time this year.
                            You are correct. I think we'll have to beat Northeastern State first, then UCO, then likely Emporia. I want to see the Long brothers play against each other!

Comment

Congratulations to the following ladies who earned All-MIAA honors:

Lacy Stokes - 1st Team MIAA and All-Defense Team
                              Madi Stokes - Honorable Mention and All-Defense Team
                              Layne Skiles - Honorable Mention
                              Kryslyn Jones - Honorable Mention

Let's go out there Friday and avenge our two losses against the monkeys and see if we can possibly secure a berth in the regional! Go Lions!!!

Comment

Congratulations to the following men who earned All-MIAA honors:

Christian Bundy - Honorable Mention
                                Winston Dessesow - Honorable Mention
                                Vinson Sigman - Honorable Mention
                                Avery Taggert - Honorable Mention

Great effort today and great win over Northeastern State today. Let's see if we can make it a season sweep over UCO and let them get some extra rest before next week's regional. Looking forward to heading to KC tomorrow morning to watch this game and the other action tomorrow and the ladies game on Friday. Looking forward to a fun weekend of basketball. Go Lions!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X