• Show
Clear All

• Stanger86
    replied
    Winona vs Concordia...a game that means a whole lot of nothin

Leave a comment:

• simple as a $3 bill
    replied
    Coach, as we would say in St. Cloud, that first half BSU offense vs Duluth was very Sam Skarich(RIP) like. What in the heck happened?

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied
    Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

I understand that. I figured by comparing Augie to Morris and then mentioning a national title would make it a fairly sarcastic post but it appears it missed.
    Yeah, I was more just curious in general after you brought it up. Also, I figured your national title part was sarcastic, but took your Augie/Morris part as being more sincere. My bad for the misinterpretation.

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied
    Originally posted by War Eyore View Post

That Duluth win and the Aggie wins will keep Schoh from looking and Eisner doesn’t have the voice to last through an interview with another school. But, there is always hope—maybe Luther College is needing a new coach!?!

That said, it was hard to see Owen King on crutches—would have been different with his effort.
    King is steady and reliable but not nearly as impacting as I was expecting when he transferred in. I hold no animus toward Owen but, frankly, I think James Kelly is an improvement.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

I just used what the NSIC Record Book had for the year-by-year and went back 20 years (again, with Augie only having been in the NSIC since 2008). But now that you mention it, they have a typo in the record book with the past couple of years. Below is how it's listed in the book.

2003-04 Bemidji State
    2004-05 Winona State
    2005-06 Winona State
    2006-07 Winona State
    2007-08 Winona State
    2008-09 SMSU
    2009-10 Minnesota State
    2010-11 Minnesota State
    2011-12 Bemidji State
    2012-13 Minnesota State
    2013-14 Minnesota State
    2014-15 Augustana MSU Moorhead
    2015-16 Augustana
    2016-17 MSU Moorhead
    2017-18 Northern State
    2018-19 Northern State
    2019-20 Northern State
    2019-20 No Overall Champ
    2020-21 Augustana

Does NSU get credit for the 20-21 year (since Augie's should obviously be for 2021-22)?

Regardless, since Augie has actually been in the NSIC, the numbers are a lot tighter between the Vikings and the Wolves, which was my main point.
    I understand that. I figured by comparing Augie to Morris and then mentioning a national title would make it a fairly sarcastic post but it appears it missed.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

The website for the conference history was what I was using. Augie is at three. Northern now at 14.

NSU has won four of the last five which is more than three.

Impressive history for St. Cloud to be tied for 2nd without winning one in almost 50 years, or since Simple was last on the roster.

REGULAR SEASON TEAM TITLES WON OR SHARED School No. Last Title
    Minnesota State 17 2013-14
    Minnesota Duluth 16 2001-02
    St. Cloud State 16 1975-76
    Winona State 14 2007-08
    Northern State 13 2019-20
    Bemidji State 9 2011-12
    MSU Moorhead 6 2016-17
    Augustana 3 2021-22
    Minnesota-Morris 3 1993-94
    Southwest Minnesota State 2 2008-09
    Michigan Tech 2 1979-80
    Wayne State 1 1999-00
    I just used what the NSIC Record Book had for the year-by-year and went back 20 years (again, with Augie only having been in the NSIC since 2008). But now that you mention it, they have a typo in the record book with the past couple of years. Below is how it's listed in the book.

2003-04 Bemidji State
    2004-05 Winona State
    2005-06 Winona State
    2006-07 Winona State
    2007-08 Winona State
    2008-09 SMSU
    2009-10 Minnesota State
    2010-11 Minnesota State
    2011-12 Bemidji State
    2012-13 Minnesota State
    2013-14 Minnesota State
    2014-15 Augustana MSU Moorhead
    2015-16 Augustana
    2016-17 MSU Moorhead
    2017-18 Northern State
    2018-19 Northern State
    2019-20 Northern State
    2019-20 No Overall Champ
    2020-21 Augustana

Does NSU get credit for the 20-21 year (since Augie's should obviously be for 2021-22)?

Regardless, since Augie has actually been in the NSIC, the numbers are a lot tighter between the Vikings and the Wolves, which was my main point.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

By my count, the same as Northern in the past 20 years. Which is longer than Augie has been an NSIC member.

Obviously Northern will jump them after tomorrow, but I'm confident in our chances to even it back up sooner than later.

The website for the conference history was what I was using. Augie is at three. Northern now at 14.

NSU has won four of the last five which is more than three.

Impressive history for St. Cloud to be tied for 2nd without winning one in almost 50 years, or since Simple was last on the roster.

REGULAR SEASON TEAM TITLES WON OR SHARED School No. Last Title
    Minnesota State 17 2013-14
    Minnesota Duluth 16 2001-02
    St. Cloud State 16 1975-76
    Winona State 14 2007-08
    Northern State 13 2019-20
    Bemidji State 9 2011-12
    MSU Moorhead 6 2016-17
    Augustana 3 2021-22
    Minnesota-Morris 3 1993-94
    Southwest Minnesota State 2 2008-09
    Michigan Tech 2 1979-80
    Wayne State 1 1999-00

Leave a comment:

• Thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post

Wieck made this statement while he was talking about his teams record to a person who really doesn't care about the standings or game results. "it's been a tough year, everybody treats us as their Super Bowl, and feels thta their season is complete if they defeat us."

Then last night Boschee made a declaration to the same person that "he's(Sutherland) the best player in the league and we need him in order to make a post-season run." hahahaha Just slightly exaggerating his assessment of his abilities.
    These are interesting quotes. I believe NSU gets everyone’s best shot. Not only is Northern a great program, but games in Wachs Arena are the biggest crowd most of these teams will play in front of every year. Athletes always love the chance to quiet a big crowd. UMD was expected to be really good this year and they underachieved.

Sutherland is good. He’s not the best in the league. Masten is. Moni might be #2.

Leave a comment:

• Thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark Emmert's Burner View Post
    The only bit I'm iffy on is how "Head to Head vs descending divisional opponents" works. That might be the only way Minot State misses out if they lose & UMary & St. Cloud wins and St. Cloud has that tiebreaker over them.
    This starts with Northern and Minot somehow beat the Wolves by 20 earlier this year so they would be in. I believe if everything goes as expected tomorrow Mary will be out. Minot will be 5, SCSU will be 6.

Leave a comment:

• War Eyore
    replied
    Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

If you are looking for hope I suggest you hope for a regime change.
    That Duluth win and the Aggie wins will keep Schoh from looking and Eisner doesn’t have the voice to last through an interview with another school. But, there is always hope—maybe Luther College is needing a new coach!?!

That said, it was hard to see Owen King on crutches—would have been different with his effort.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

While I love the point, Augie does have the same about of overall conference championships as Morris (we shall note the also have a natty so the insult is inserted understanding the rebuttal).

That said, all Wieck insults get 1000 reputation points...if we still had those
    By my count, the same as Northern in the past 20 years. Which is longer than Augie has been an NSIC member.

Obviously Northern will jump them after tomorrow, but I'm confident in our chances to even it back up sooner than later.

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied
    Originally posted by War Eyore View Post

True Dat! One loud coach and several smug floppers. (I think it is part of the practice plan). Just watch those faces as they cut the lane. Begging for the call or he needs more fiber in his diet! I will hope for that rematch. As there is nothing else for a Warrior fan to hope for on this season. I can only start hoping for the next season.
    If you are looking for hope I suggest you hope for a regime change.

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied
    Originally posted by CoachSalscheider View Post
    I had another commitment tonight and missed BSU's 99-81 win over SCSU. The Beavers shot 61% from the field, including 65% from the 3-point line. Outscored the Huskies 16-3 in fast break points. SCSU outscored BSU on bench points 32-9. I guess this tight rotation is working well for us. Good luck at Duluth this Saturday. GO BEAVERS!
    Wow. Hard to lose when you shoot like that.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Wieck is truly delusional, inflating his teams stature in the NSIC. When he has the hardware that Northern, Winona and Augie have than he can call trips to Duluth a Super Bowl. Until then they're a good team with a boorish coach and some players who reflect his attitude.
    While I love the point, Augie does have the same about of overall conference championships as Morris (we shall note the also have a natty so the insult is inserted understanding the rebuttal).

That said, all Wieck insults get 1000 reputation points...if we still had those

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post

Wieck made this statement while he was talking about his teams record to a person who really doesn't care about the standings or game results. "it's been a tough year, everybody treats us as their Super Bowl, and feels thta their season is complete if they defeat us."

Then last night Boschee made a declaration to the same person that "he's(Sutherland) the best player in the league and we need him in order to make a post-season run." hahahaha Just slightly exaggerating his assessment of his abilities.
    Wieck is truly delusional, inflating his teams stature in the NSIC. When he has the hardware that Northern, Winona and Augie have than he can call trips to Duluth a Super Bowl. Until then they're a good team with a boorish coach and some players who reflect his attitude.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X