Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Upper Iowa had one of the worst defenses in the NSIC, but supposedly they had the DPOY...

EDIT:
    Only teams worse in scoring defense were UMC, CSP and SCSU
    Only teams worse in FG% defense were UMC, CSP, BSU and SCSU
    LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Upper Iowa plays at a much faster pace than SMSU, therefore they're going to allow more points.
      But then shouldn't that reflect a better FG% defense if their only reason for allowing more points is the pace?

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

I'm not doing any digging because I don't care about awards but team defense and individual defensive are two separate categories.
        Isn't team defense the ultimate goal? Shouldn't it be rewarded?

Comment

• Comparing All-Conf picks to my predictions...

For the men, I went 23/24 for overall selections (and 3/5 for awards). I missed on Nate Mohr, I had Dalton Albrecht from Bemidji instead. I'm bummed that Albrecht didn't make it, he averaged 14.4 PTS (18th in NSIC), 4.8 REB, 54.9% FG (5th in NSIC), 44% 3PT. His inside-out game complimented Sutherland's really well for a much-better-than-expected Bemidji team.

And for exact placements, I had swapped Fink, Kimmons, & Baumgartner for Duax, Omot, & McGhee. No problems with any of those guys making 1st Team, but I'd probably most advocate for Duax over Fink. A fantastic defender who returned to being an offensive difference-maker this season (11th in NSIC in PPG, 6th in FG%).

For the women, I went 23/24 for overall sections (and 5/5 for awards). I missed on Maesyn Thiesen, I had Natalie Jens from MSUM instead. I'm fine with that pick, as Jens may have been coming from a Dragons bias for me. Makes sense that I missed on a Duluth player since I had no idea what to do with that situation. Thiesen's stats aren't impressive, but she's definitely the second most important player to that team if you feel inclined to give Duluth a 2nd player.

For exact placements, I had swapped Yoder & Head for Stoltzman & Bremer. I think here I kind of forgot that voters would let seniority tip the scales on close picks, so it's not surprising that two seniors on bad teams were picked over a sophomore & freshmen on good ones.

Doing that predictions list was a fun thought exercise! Hopefully you guys didn't mind a̶n̶ N̶C̶A̶A̶ p̶r̶e̶s̶i̶d̶e̶n̶t̶ a new guy presenting something like that to the forum.

Comment

But then shouldn't that reflect a better FG% defense if their only reason for allowing more points is the pace?
            I'm not following the correlation you're attempting to make between pace and FG% defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Emmert's Burner View Post

And for exact placements, I had swapped Fink, Kimmons, & Baumgartner for Duax, Omot, & McGhee. No problems with any of those guys making 1st Team, but I'd probably most advocate for Duax over Fink. A fantastic defender who returned to being an offensive difference-maker this season (11th in NSIC in PPG, 6th in FG%).
              As an Augie fan I was pleasantly surprised Fink made 1st team, I thought he would be 2nd team as you predicted.

Comment

Isn't team defense the ultimate goal? Shouldn't it be rewarded?
                Then it would be defensive team of the year...not player.

Comment

• So Lucas Duax is DPOY, but 2nd team on all con team

UMC 5'1" Emma Miller is fun to watch. The ball looks like a beachball in her hands compared to 6' players.

Dave Krauth should have won coach of the year for Women. 34 years at AU 700 wins, over 1000 wins in career.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                    So Lucas Duax is DPOY, but 2nd team on all con team

UMC 5'1" Emma Miller is fun to watch. The ball looks like a beachball in her hands compared to 6' players.

Dave Krauth should have won coach of the year for Women. 34 years at AU 700 wins, over 1000 wins in career.
                    As usual there are various guys that easily could be moved up from 2nd to first team. Duax is definitely one of them. I think 5’1” is probably being generous for Miller. I don’t think she is even 5’ tall.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                      So Lucas Duax is DPOY, but 2nd team on all con team

Last year Dylan LeBrun was Defensive Player of the Year and didn't make 1st or 2nd Team All-NSIC.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X