Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Kobe Busch called for a flagrant because he stepped in Gus Reede's ankle or because he made contact on the ground? I'm confused on the call but mainly just because there wasn't an explanation.
    Looked like when he was on the ground he made an intentional swipe at the driving Moorhead player to foul him. I’ve never really understood the difference between an intentional foul and flagrant foul but Kobe did make a harmless attempt at fouling.

Comment

Originally posted by NSUguy View Post

Looked like when he was on the ground he made an intentional swipe at the driving Moorhead player to foul him. I’ve never really understood the difference between an intentional foul and flagrant foul but Kobe did make a harmless attempt at fouling.
      Ok, I hit the rewind to watch just to see why he went down and when I went back to live they call flagrant which I was then really confused. If that's what it was, I guess I get it but didn't seem like much.

For all parties involved I also absolutely hate this new cylinder call that's been around longer than I realize. FWIW

Comment

Northern played really, really well tonight and dominated what appeared to be a short handed Moorhead team. Bumgartner was in street clothes and it seemed the Dragons were maybe missing some others as they only played 7 guys tonight. Belka and Moni were fantastic. This was the best game Belka has played in quite some time. If NSU can use those two to play more inside out on offense they will be very tough this year. The effort on defense and especially rebounding was much better tonight than last weekend. Masten was solid again as well. I really had no idea what happened at the time with the foul on Kobe, but the explanation above makes sense. Overall, this was a great way to start conference play.

Comment

Originally posted by cat fan View Post
          Augie went on quite a run to open the 2nd half, taking a good sized lead. Cats hung tough though and took the lead back late, winning by 8. Very nice game for freshman guard David Harmon. He will be a good one.
          The dude had 2 points on the season before tonight!?! The odds of him even being in the scouting report were probably 50/50. Fink dared him to shoot and he made Augie pay at the end. Janssen looks lighter but is still the same technician on the block. The one I noticed was they didn't have him operating from the top of the key as much as past seasons.

Wayne made Augie play their game, the Vikings did some good things but couldn't sustain their intensity for the last five minutes.

Millender is fantastic entertainment to watch on the end of the bench. Dude is constant energy and chirping with his teamates and the Wayne fans.

Comment

Northern played very well tonight. Caught the Moorhead switching defense with too many mismatches in first half. I know Moorhead was trying to take away threes, because nsu shoots a lot of them, but the switching defense took the aggressiveness away from msum on defense who then also struggled to rebound as a result. Can’t give up almost 60 to moni and Belka and expect to win. Hoping Baumgartner and Myren back soon. Likely good learning experience. On to Colorado for two more games against the Rocky Mountain conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

The dude had 2 points on the season before tonight!?! The odds of him even being in the scouting report were probably 50/50. Fink dared him to shoot and he made Augie pay at the end. Janssen looks lighter but is still the same technician on the block. The one I noticed was they didn't have him operating from the top of the key as much as past seasons.

Wayne made Augie play their game, the Vikings did some good things but couldn't sustain their intensity for the last five minutes.

Millender is fantastic entertainment to watch on the end of the bench. Dude is constant energy and chirping with his teamates and the Wayne fans.
              Millender is fantastic entertainment, but we really need him back on the floor. His quickness, pace, and creativity on the offensive end is an element we currently miss.

Harmon has been a pass-first guard in his rather limited minutes thus far. He was a big recruit for Wayne from Millard (Omaha), arguably the best high school senior guard in the state last year. He has had both some amazing passes as well as some cringe-worthy moments in his minutes this year, typical for a freshman. His court vision is exceptional, but before last night his shots just didn't fall. Kaminsky has brought him along slowly, but as of last night it is clear he is in the process of passing some more experienced players in the rotation.

Agree Janssen's game is a little different this year. To my eyes it doesn't look like he has completely recovered yet from last year's knee injury, or maybe it has just been a natural evolution of his game. He was never a high flyer, but I see an increased reliance on baby hooks this year after he gets the defender on his off shoulder.

I really thought Augie had the game won with about eight minutes to go. Their run coming out of halftime was impressive. Akoi is great...fortunately for Wayne he picked up some fouls that limited his minutes and aggression.

Comment

Peacocks down 16 at half, battle back with 5 a couple times late in second half, down 9 with 41 seconds left, and those last 41 seconds were frantic. Missed FTs by Winona State down the stretch was the difference. Prior to the shot below there was 5 seconds left, UIU had hit 2 FT's to pull within 1 (they fouled so we couldn't get off a 3). Winona takes out under our basket, we foul King with 3.9 seconds left. King misses first, makes second, ball thrown in to Hilmer and then this: https://twitter.com/PeacockHoops/sta...59499031437316

Comment

The NSIC continues to ignore what its fans want,.

It is a limited fan base to start with and the entertainment market only gets more crowded every day, but the NSIC has men playing conference games at 5:30 PM on a weekenight.

It's a joke. It's dumb and it is bad for the League and the product.

Incidentially, the NSIC men's BB product is really good and worth watching. But alas, they would rather be woke.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                    The NSIC continues to ignore what its fans want,.

It is a limited fan base to start with and the entertainment market only gets more crowded every day, but the NSIC has men playing conference games at 5:30 PM on a weekenight.

It's a joke. It's dumb and it is bad for the League and the product.

Incidentially, the NSIC men's BB product is really good and worth watching. But alas, they would rather be woke.
                    Woke - Described by Merriam-Webster as “chiefly US slang”, the dictionary defines the word as: “Aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice) .

What the heck does playing a basketball game on a week night have to do with that?

Comment

Originally posted by nsufan View Post

Woke - Described by Merriam-Webster as “chiefly US slang”, the dictionary defines the word as: “Aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice) .

What the heck does playing a basketball game on a week night have to do with that?
                      That is one definition. Some may argue it’s not a great definition. You may be correct that week night basketball games by itself means nothing, but when you couple it with fact the many universities are driven by specific and rigid political ideology it may or may not mean something.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

That is one definition. Some may argue it’s not a great definition. You may be correct that week night basketball games by itself means nothing, but when you couple it with fact the many universities are driven by specific and rigid political ideology it may or may not mean something.
                        Wow, what a reach

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

So whose specific and rigid political ideology does having a weeknight game fit? Were the universities "woke" years ago when games got moved to Friday/Saturday night? I'm just tired of hearing this term constantly when someone doesn't agree with a personal view.

Comment

Back when UND was in the NCC and I did summer camps for 18 years, I asked the women's players what they thought about playing second. They were all against it. They would much rather have their biggest crowd at the end of their game because the noise would help them out. For them it was embarrassing to see so many fans file out as they were warming up.

It is a failed policy that has been tried time and time again. Learn from your mistakes and you are less likely to repeat them. And if anyone thinks that this is anti-women, I am one of those people who goes to both games. Administrators should open their eyes.

Comment

That my friend is a concoction of a definition created by someone (he, she, him, her, all of the above, who really knows?) with an innate need to inflate their true wisdom importance, and sense of self-worth, i.e. a woke person.

Comment

So whose specific and rigid political ideology does having a weeknight game fit? Were the universities "woke" years ago when games got moved to Friday/Saturday night? I'm just tired of hearing this term constantly when someone doesn't agree with a personal view.
                                Yep, your probably right the week day schedule probably nothing to do with woke or not. Still doesn’t change the fact that most universities are woke.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X