Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It wasn't a blowout, but Southwest had a fairly smooth 9-point win over Mount Marty on Saturday.

Comment

Wayne State went down to Florida and picked up a 72-63 win over Tampa and then recovered from a 20-point halftime deficit to defeat Eckerd 89-87.

Comment

Former Wolves legend Lincoln Jordre did not score on this possession Saturday.

Comment

big game Thursday.

Augie sucks

Comment

Originally posted by nsufan View Post

Woke - Described by Merriam-Webster as “chiefly US slang”, the dictionary defines the word as: “Aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice) .

What the heck does playing a basketball game on a week night have to do with that?
            Fans don't want the men playing first. I don't think that is a controversial opinion or take. I think 90% of the fans liked it the way it was.

Woke - is there any dispute the move to have women play second isn't ideologically driven to be "fair" or along gender equity lines? Again, I don't this this is denied or controversial. That's my point. It was and is a solution in search of a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
              Reminder that when the conference season gets back underway it’ll be on a Thursday/Saturday, December 1 and 3. Some of you will be relieved to know that the women are back in their opening act place. This time.
              you are free to disagree with me. It's still America and you can have a different opinion and I respect that.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

you are free to disagree with me. It's still America and you can have a different opinion and I respect that.
                I am indifferent. It’s up to me to research game start times and then try to fit it into my schedule. Game times and who plays first makes no difference to me. There are advantages both ways, just depends what you’re looking for.

Comment

Fans don't want the men playing first. I don't think that is a controversial opinion or take. I think 90% of the fans liked it the way it was.

Woke - is there any dispute the move to have women play second isn't ideologically driven to be "fair" or along gender equity lines? Again, I don't this this is denied or controversial. That's my point. It was and is a solution in search of a problem.
                  Keep up this kind of thinking and you're going to get accused of being reasonable, level-headed, sane, dispassionate -- take your pick. Seriously, I thought it was well said and nothing more than a reflection of the facts.

Comment

big game Thursday.

Augie sucks
                    In stretches so far this season, yes, they have. Hoping Thursday they have fewer/shorter stretches of suckage and more of the high level play--which they've also shown good stretches of--throughout.

Comment

There are few defenses weaker than "this is the way we've always done it" as justification for opposing a new idea.

What is the sample size you used to determine that "90% of the fans liked it the way it was"?

Is there something wrong with being fair "along gender equity lines"?

Comment

Maybe this is another reason the peaCocks are leaving the NSIC? The Beavers are taking over

Comment

So anyways...anyone interested in doing pickem this season? We've missed the first game and kind of late to get it for tomorrow but just need to start a thread. We have a functioning computer now (I think) so should be able to keep track again but if someone else would like yo that is fine too.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

There are few defenses weaker than "this is the way we've always done it" as justification for opposing a new idea.

What is the sample size you used to determine that "90% of the fans liked it the way it was"?

Is there something wrong with being fair "along gender equity lines"?
                            No. There is nothing wrong with being fair along gender equity lines. I actually don't care which game is first. I watch both Warrior teams with equal passion.

I do think the change is a bit ironic, especially from the league which moved all its conference tournaments to a city, giving an often unearned advantage to two schools all in the name of money and exposure. While I follow both my teams with equal passion, ticket sales show that men's games most often draw more. Moving them to an earlier time on weeknights doesn't seem wise if the conference really cares bout finances.

Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Ridge Viking View Post

Keep up this kind of thinking and you're going to get accused of being reasonable, level-headed, sane, dispassionate -- take your pick. Seriously, I thought it was well said and nothing more than a reflection of the facts.
                              Zero imput from fans and boosters -- fine. all of a sudden it happened. When folks told AD's , Presidents, etc it was dumb, we were basically told too bad -- you aren't as smart as we are !

Same thing happened here with Hawaiian Night. Attendance is down, interest in down, fundraising is down, donations are down. Smart folks in administration blame Covid and have zero reality check on this. I know a bunch of folks who are disappointed in things and this is one of them and they have slowed or stopped giving.

So be it. Maybe it isn't so at other schools, but it it true at SMSU - tone deaf. We'll see with the new AD - so far I have been impressed with her.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                                Maybe this is another reason the peaCocks are leaving the NSIC? The Beavers are taking over
                                now that's funny

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X