Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

There's no me doing me. I just was assuming one of you guys who hasn't posted most of the year would pop up to share your excitement after a good game against us. Much less stomachable for me is Cartwright earning player of the week on a weekend we played so poorly against him.

Honestly, if the Cougars don't make the Regional this year, with Cartwright doing the heavy lifting offensively, I don't see how they'll ever get over the hump. Regardless, my hope is that the Vikings will have gelled and figured out rhythms better by the time we get to the game in USF's sweaty shoebox gym and we can put together a more solid performance.

I had high hopes for this team coming into the season despite the newness of the squad. So far Ryan Miller has been the biggest bright spot. I was hoping for a little more from Graves and a couple of the young bigs in particular (and was somewhat hoping for Bennett Otto to take a big step up), but it looks like there's still more for those guys to figure out. Even knowing about his knee injury, Fink struggling has been a bit of surprise. Akoi stepping up offensively has been a nice boost. Just need one or two other guys to give us some consistency night in and night out.

Lots to figure out. Still time to do so, but the part of me that's used to seeing the Vikings higher up in the standings is ready for it to get figured out quickly. I suppose I just need to learn to be patient. You'd think I'd have a little more patience now that I'm becoming an old man like I am.
    Hinker and Rensch need to grow up fast along with Fink returning to form for this team to be successful, if not many teams will be exacting revenge on the Vikings.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
      Mustangs were bad in Wayne, America. The Cats has something to do with that, but woof.

We'll be ok and I like much about this team especially some of the youngsters, but that was ugly
      First truly bad performance of the season. A couple possessions go differently, we could easily be sitting at 6-1 right now.

Comment

Kelby Kramer not starting. Fire Margs

Comment

The Willinghams are absolute menaces blocking shots in transition

Comment

Augie's best half of the season, holding an incredible offensive team to 18 points while Jadan Graves cooked every Maverick they threw at him.

Comment

Props to the MSU broadcast guy who was asked to fill in 7 minutes before tip-off. He's doing a top-notch job on almost no notice or prep.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                Props to the MSU broadcast guy who was asked to fill in 7 minutes before tip-off. He's doing a top-notch job on almost no notice or prep.
                e
                Graves best game 20 points, 5 re bounds 1 steal and shot his 1st. free throws making both. According to Jeff Fylling, Fink out until end of year.

Comment

It took 26 minutes but Kelby Kramer has entered the chat

Comment

Minot hanging with Deluth. 42-41 at the half

Comment

• We are in foul trouble big-time, where is Sam Rensch?

Comment

• Augie wins 63-57 in Kato. Jadan Graves was ABSURD, 35 of Augie's 63. I cant believe what I just saw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                          Augie wins 63-57 in Kato. Jadan Graves was ABSURD, 35 of Augie's 63. I cant believe what I just saw.
                          Graves had not shot a free throw all season until tonight and made all 4

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Graves had not shot a free throw all season until tonight and made all 4
                            He used the dribble drive to get into the paint more times tonight than he had all season. It was phenomenal to see

Comment

• SMSU men and women sweep the doubleheader in Winona for the first time since Valentines Day 2003!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                                SMSU men and women sweep the doubleheader in Winona for the first time since Valentines Day 2003!
                                Winona is worse than I thought a week ago. If this is the best Eisner can put on the floor he needs to go. He has a great record at lower college levels but obviously it does not translate to D2. He’s had enough time to show weight and has failed. Move on.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X