Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
    Winona is worse than I thought a week ago. If this is the best Eisner can put on the floor he needs to go. He has a great record at lower college levels but obviously it does not translate to D2. He’s had enough time to show weight and has failed. Move on.
    I know coaching is a fraternity of sorts, but I was pretty surprised how complimentary Bigler was of Eisner's coaching. Called him perhaps the best defensive coach in the league.

Comment

• Let me see if I have this straight. Augie, which had the second-worst field goal percentage in the league, actually lowered that percentage with their performance last night and found a way to beat the No. 9 team in the country on their home court. And one player, Graves, had more than half their points. Crazy.

Don't get me wrong. It was a great, unexpected win. And as a Augieholic said, it was good to see the Graves that was advertised. I'm glad Vegas doesn't post odds for D2 games, because I'd be homeless today. Would have bet the house on Mankato.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue Ridge Viking View Post
        Let me see if I have this straight. Augie, which had the second-worst field goal percentage in the league, actually lowered that percentage with their performance last night and found a way to beat the No. 9 team in the country on their home court. And one player, Graves, had more than half their points. Crazy.

Don't get me wrong. It was a great, unexpected win. And as a Augieholic said, it was good to see the Graves that was advertised. I'm glad Vegas doesn't post odds for D2 games, because I'd be homeless today. Would have bet the house on Mankato.
        That would mean we both would be homeless today.

Augie is young and inconsistent but when they lock in they are as good defensively as anyone they've played. It feels extremely odd for that to be the best characteristic of a team with so little experience but here we are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

I know coaching is a fraternity of sorts, but I was pretty surprised how complimentary Bigler was of Eisner's coaching. Called him perhaps the best defensive coach in the league.
          Biglar is a standup guy and will speak well of the opposition in victory or defeat. Eisner’s teams do play solid defense which is functions of technique and hard effort. Big fan of defense but sometimes you desperately need that because you don’t have the other. The fact that they hold their own rebounding despite lack of size is is an indicator that have these things. But his teams are just too small and dependent on long range shooting. Despite talk that they have shooters the results belie it. Seems Connor Dillon can knock them down but as a whole not that good. They need a lineup that offers some versatile talent. I don’t see it. Too damn many short guards and not enough other.

Comment

• Looks like numerous Augie legends are in the crowd at St Paul tonight: Jameson Bryan, Tyler Riemersma, and simple

Comment

• The year was 2012 was the last time Concordia beat Augustana in Basketball. Once again Tom says he likes the team and the direction they are heading.

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                Looks like numerous Augie legends are in the crowd at St Paul tonight: Jameson Bryan, Tyler Riemersma, and simple
                Nice to know, Simple has our back.

Comment

• UIU sweeps the weekend. Handles Sioux Falls Friday in fairly easy fashion. Tonight was a defensive and physical battle with SMSU. UIU lead most of game. SMSU ties it late, but UIU goes on a run after that to ice the game. Tough game by both teams.

Comment

• Nick Lamborghini revving into the red.

Comment

• Also, file this with Ripley’s Believe it or Not…

Margenthaler and Kaminsky are unhappy with the officiating. Yeah, it’s true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peacock View Post
                        UIU sweeps the weekend. Handles Sioux Falls Friday in fairly easy fashion. Tonight was a defensive and physical battle with SMSU. UIU lead most of game. SMSU ties it late, but UIU goes on a run after that to ice the game. Tough game by both teams.
                        Thank God for Lucas Duax tonight.

Comment

• Two very comfortable (as expected) wins on the weekend after the stinker last week in Minot. I did not go last night but was able to see the Wolves shoot the lights out of Wachs tonight. I still think Saul’s teams are too reliant on the three, but if Northern can shoot like they did tonight they can beat almost anybody. Part of that was the Bemidji D, but the Wolves still made 17 3PTs.

Nhial started both games this weekend and I hope that continues. I’ve been hoping to see more of him and apparently he has shown Saul enough on the defensive end to earn more plying time. He’s still pretty raw at times and still has work to do to become a better defender, but he seems to be pretty athletic and he can make shots. He also works hard when he’s on the floor.

Comment

• Nick Lamborghini is way past red.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                              Nick Lamborghini is way past red.
                              Did I see Wayne State player got a second T? Assume tossed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                                Two very comfortable (as expected) wins on the weekend after the stinker last week in Minot. I did not go last night but was able to see the Wolves shoot the lights out of Wachs tonight. I still think Saul’s teams are too reliant on the three, but if Northern can shoot like they did tonight they can beat almost anybody. Part of that was the Bemidji D, but the Wolves still made 17 3PTs.

Nhial started both games this weekend and I hope that continues. I’ve been hoping to see more of him and apparently he has shown Saul enough on the defensive end to earn more plying time. He’s still pretty raw at times and still has work to do to become a better defender, but he seems to be pretty athletic and he can make shots. He also works hard when he’s on the floor.
                                He's been fun to follow. I feel like Nhial continues to grow each time he is out. I'm hesitant to get too hyped up, but you can see how there might be an incredibly high ceiling on that kid.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X