Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yorky working the UMD game today, stops a throw in so he can tell the Bulldog bench, on the other end of the floor, to sit down. Making sure everyone knows who's in charge.

Comment

• Mankato had 2 flops called and I thought they were easy calls. I suspect Laker may straighten me out, but it remains a major problem. The only was to get it under control is to calls technicals.

Comment

• Good weekend for the Mustangs. The played hard and great defense.

Cliff McCray was really good all weekend after not being very good a couple times like Augie and Truman. He was a Glove like Gary Payton

Comment

• Winona beat Augie? What happened there? First the MN Vikings and now this. Two miracles in one weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
            Winona beat Augie? What happened there? First the MN Vikings and now this. Two miracles in one weekend.
            Apparently we wanted to help Eisner get an extension.

Comment

• Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
              Winona beat Augie? What happened there? First the MN Vikings and now this. Two miracles in one weekend.
              The NSIC is as unpredictable as ever

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                Mankato had 2 flops called and I thought they were easy calls. I suspect Laker may straighten me out, but it remains a major problem. The only was to get it under control is to calls technicals.
                I'm no chiropractor, but I've had several players whose back I would crack. One was a girl- my superintendent gave me the stink eye when he saw me do it. Told him to talk to the girl's dad since he had given me the ok. He must have asked him because it didn't seem to bother him after that.

Comment

• Cartwright and the Coo's hot hand continues over CSP dropping a 100. Home sweeps are always nice to see.

The rematch with the Mustangs awaits on NYE.
                  4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                  2016 NSIC Champions
                  πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Apparently we wanted to help Eisner get an extension.
                    Great. Thanks a lot.

Comment

• Two good wins for the Wildcats this weekend. I don't really have much to way about the Winona game. As others have noted, it is not the feared Winona of old. I'm sure shooting a bazillion 3s can work sometimes, but it didn't work Saturday and at best it will be a high-variance strategy for them.

If you are going to play a short lineup, do what Upper Iowa does. I swear at times they had 3 guards on the floor who were under 6'. Fun team that plays fast and hard. The Hilmer brothers are feisty, and the older Hilmer might be the quickest player in the conference. The older Duax brother is also very good taking the ball to the basket. I know Duax also has a deserved reputation as a good defender, and he is very active and anticipates passes well, but I do have to note that Justin Eagins lit him up for 26 points and a plethora of assists and rebounds. Best game of the year for Eagins, in what had thus far been a rather quiet season for him.

Comment

• Southwest has a home game at 11:30 this morning against Northland. Free admission.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post
                          Southwest has a home game at 11:30 this morning against Northland. Free admission.
                          Just shy of 1,000 in attendance. I'd wager 3/4ths of them were elementary school kids (it was a promotion with the area schools).

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Just shy of 1,000 in attendance. I'd wager 3/4ths of them were elementary school kids (it was a promotion with the area schools).

I love these kind of games. Great way to attempt to get some future fans. Vanderbilt WBB would do this each year and I know even the Sioux Falls Canaries have done this for a while.
                            4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                            2016 NSIC Champions
                            πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘

Comment

• Originally posted by Otis Day View Post

I love these kind of games. Great way to attempt to get some future fans. Vanderbilt WBB would do this each year and I know even the Sioux Falls Canaries have done this for a while.
                              Fun too since it's the last day before the NCAA-mandated break and the last week of school for the kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by Otis Day View Post

Something many of them will remember for the rest of their lives. I remember all of the field trips that we took from school- Ft Belmont by Jackson 3rd, Snow White at Gustavus 4th, Shine Circus 5th, State Capitol 6th, plus Safety Patrol Days Twins vs Orioles in 1965. All great learning opportunities.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X