Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by laker View Post

Something many of them will remember for the rest of their lives. I remember all of the field trips that we took from school- Ft Belmont by Jackson 3rd, Snow White at Gustavus 4th, Shine Circus 5th, State Capitol 6th, plus Safety Patrol Days Twins vs Orioles in 1965. All great learning opportunities.
    Our middle school was split into to two "houses" to reduce class sizes. During 6th grade the B house's spring field trip was to a Brewers game while the A house went to the House on The Rock. I had to watch numerous friends board a bus to go to a baseball game knowing my bus was headed to a tiny house in a boulder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Our middle school was split into to two "houses" to reduce class sizes. During 6th grade the B house's spring field trip was to a Brewers game while the A house went to the House on The Rock. I had to watch numerous friends board a bus to go to a baseball game knowing my bus was headed to a tiny house in a boulder.
      Did you ever get screwed over! Our grade school principal had us line up to sign up for the Twins game. I was sixth in line. Then he decided to draw out of a hat instead at the back of the line. I was ticked and told him so. He tried to grab my arm and I pulled it away. So many parents called in to complain that they had a second bus.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Apparently we wanted to help Eisner get an extension.
        That game was something. And that's honestly the only word I can find to describe it.

Comment

• Former Husky Anthony Roberts made SportsCenter's top ten with this dunk:

https://twitter.com/MastodonMBB/stat...P9NjBGcgw&s=19

Comment

Did you ever get screwed over! Our grade school principal had us line up to sign up for the Twins game. I was sixth in line. Then he decided to draw out of a hat instead at the back of the line. I was ticked and told him so. He tried to grab my arm and I pulled it away. So many parents called in to complain that they had a second bus.
            Not field trip related but with music time in second grade Mrs. Hagen would pass out music aids that included sand blocks, triangles, and other paraphernalia used in playing along to the music. The most prevalent were two sticks you would pound together. Just once I wanted something other than sticks but that’s all I ever got. I was also guilty of one of the seven deadly sins envying the kids with the box of 64 crayolas with the built in sharpener.

Comment

• Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

Not field trip related but with music time in second grade Mrs. Hagen would pass out music aids that included sand blocks, triangles, and other paraphernalia used in playing along to the music. The most prevalent were two sticks you would pound together. Just once I wanted something other than sticks but that’s all I ever got. I was also guilty of one of the seven deadly sins envying the kids with the box of 64 crayolas with the built in sharpener.
              I'm trying to think of how many I had in my box. 8? 12? Certainly didn't ever have the big box- that was indeed a cause for envy. I do remember that I didn't like the crayon called "flesh". It sounded so, cannibalistic. Trying to remember when they changed it to "peach", which sounds much better. 1964?

Comment

Something many of them will remember for the rest of their lives. I remember all of the field trips that we took from school- Ft Belmont by Jackson 3rd, Snow White at Gustavus 4th, Shine Circus 5th, State Capitol 6th, plus Safety Patrol Days Twins vs Orioles in 1965. All great learning opportunities.
                What grade was it that you were in when your class went to watch the signing of the Gettysburg address? :)

Comment

I'm trying to think of how many I had in my box. 8? 12? Certainly didn't ever have the big box- that was indeed a cause for envy. I do remember that I didn't like the crayon called "flesh". It sounded so, cannibalistic. Trying to remember when they changed it to "peach", which sounds much better. 1964?
                  If you had flesh I have to believe you had more 12. At least the 16 and maybe the 32.

Comment

If you had flesh I have to believe you had more 12. At least the 16 and maybe the 32.
                    I had to borrow flesh from someone else. I hated it. I found out that they changed it in 1962- I started first grade in 60 and Mrs Slagermann taught me how to read sometime during that year (she was mean but she was an excellent reading teacher). Might have been the 16 but I didn't have the built in sharpener.

Comment

• Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post

What grade was it that you were in when your class went to watch the signing of the Gettysburg address? :)
                      We were busy with the Dakota Uprising at the time. Renville County had the biggest percentage of casualties. I think that we withdrew to the Hutchinson Stockade.

Comment

A trigger term for the day I suppose. Today you can’t say Mexican if you attend Stanford. Things have certainly evolved.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post

That game was something. And that's honestly the only word I can find to describe it.
                          Senior Luke Martens did his teammates proud with a career performance. WSU hit layup after layup, befuddling AU.

Comment

A trigger term for the day I suppose. Today you can’t say Mexican if you attend Stanford. Things have certainly evolved.
                            I'm not sure what they want you to call people who were born in Mexico. I remember a teacher in our school getting mad when kids used the term Mexican. I told her that is what you call people who were born in Mexico- she didn't seem to be too educated about it.

Comment

I'm not sure what they want you to call people who were born in Mexico. I remember a teacher in our school getting mad when kids used the term Mexican. I told her that is what you call people who were born in Mexico- she didn't seem to be too educated about it.
                              Common sense is lost with a lot of people.

Comment

Common sense is lost with a lot of people.
                                Wherever he may be

images (11).jpg

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X