Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

I mean this in all honesty. NSU has played well and are now in control but we can't forget Minot. We can't forget Ferris on our own court.

I've said this in the past but the national championship game team NSU had is my barometer (I'd assume it's the same for Augie).

I just really hate that we have so little depth. I really hate the fact if anything happened to Sam we'd have no one to bring the ball up.

Can they go on a run, absolutely, but if i were to guess I really don't think either of these teams are one of the best in the country or maybe even the region.

Again, I hope we win 21 more games but i just dont see that.

But that's just the realistic view. For now, excited about the NSIC season and it's wonderful to be sitting at the top, but a long way to go.
    Sam or Jackson go down this team won’t win a game.

Comment

• Somehow they need to figure out how to play these travel partner games while school is in session. NSU-MSUM almost always play during breaks and the atmosphere seems so much better tonight for this game.

Comment

• I don’t want to like Baumgartner, but I just can’t help it. He does everything well, except he’s probably too unselfish. His reaction to the hard foul from Kobe was perfect. He was pulling his own guys back and telling them it was fine. It was a hard foul and they gave the flagrant but it wasn’t dirty. It helped Moorhead go on a run to take the lead as well.

Comment

• Moorhead is a bad matchup for Reede. They defend the 3 very well and hunt him when he’s on D. Gus is an excellent shooter, but the flaws in his game are exposed against the Dragons.

Comment

• At least I still have a Beeninga to dislike.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post
              I don’t want to like Baumgartner, but I just can’t help it. He does everything well, except he’s probably too unselfish. His reaction to the hard foul from Kobe was perfect. He was pulling his own guys back and telling them it was fine. It was a hard foul and they gave the flagrant but it wasn’t dirty. It helped Moorhead go on a run to take the lead as well.
              Yeah, I don't remember a Moorhead player that wasn't likeable, to be honest, but Baumgartner wasn't great by any means tonight. He and Sam were especially the same. Poor shooting but facilitated some things. Great job my the camera crew to get that last play shown in thr huddle for the Wolves. Sam changed it right at the end to a high ft lane screen for a score and he did the thing.

He was an amazing get for us and I love watching him play, even on nights he isn't at his best.

Comment

• That was a good game. It was a little frantic at times, but it had almost a postseason feel to it.

NSU4LIFE & NSUguy who pooped in your cheerios? That was a fun game and this is a fun team. They are absolutely one of the best teams in the region and surely a top 20 team nationally. NWMSU is still the team to beat and NSU has its flaws but let’s enjoy this team.

We have 2 of the best players in the country in Masten and Moni. We aren’t terribly deep, but as we’ve seen in the postseason Saul will really only play 7 guys (at least until everyone fouls out in OT and you are forced to play the best team in the country with a bunch of guys who have never seen the floor, no I’m not still bitter why do you ask?) Belka is a solid veteran that has hit big shots before. Dilling/Reede can be instant offense. I need more Nhial. He is very raw, but holy smokes does he have potential. Longstreet hasn’t been great at times but I think he can still be a solid defender. Kobe can tackle a guy if we need him to. This is D2 basketball, everyone has warts.

Comment

• When Moni is hitting shots he is unguardable. And if he can develop a consistent inside game forget about it. He also continues to improve defensively. If he keeps this up it might be a two Wolf race for POY.

Speaking of which, Masten didn’t have his best game tonight. But he made some big plays when he needed to. He is sooooo important to the Wolves.

Dilling was huge tonight. That is the spark he can provide for this team. Reede struggled and Dilling picked up the slack for him.

I think Nhial needs to be on the floor more. He brings such great athleticism and he’s not afraid to look for his shot. He’s a little out of control at times but I think that will come with more experience.

I expect (hope) Kobe will see very limited minutes the rest of the season. He has regressed so much over the last 2 years. He’s still gonna chuck it and it isn’t going to go in very often. At this point I’d rather see those few minutes go to Bergan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                    That was a good game. It was a little frantic at times, but it had almost a postseason feel to it.

NSU4LIFE & NSUguy who pooped in your cheerios? That was a fun game and this is a fun team. They are absolutely one of the best teams in the region and surely a top 20 team nationally. NWMSU is still the team to beat and NSU has its flaws but let’s enjoy this team.

We have 2 of the best players in the country in Masten and Moni. We aren’t terribly deep, but as we’ve seen in the postseason Saul will really only play 7 guys (at least until everyone fouls out in OT and you are forced to play the best team in the country with a bunch of guys who have never seen the floor, no I’m not still bitter why do you ask?) Belka is a solid veteran that has hit big shots before. Dilling/Reede can be instant offense. I need more Nhial. He is very raw, but holy smokes does he have potential. Longstreet hasn’t been great at times but I think he can still be a solid defender. Kobe can tackle a guy if we need him to. This is D2 basketball, everyone has warts.
                    Sheesh....all I am saying is if you compare to that championship game team, this isn't close. That doesn't meam there isn't hope or that it can't be done. But that team along with the squad of two years ago (and probably the covid year) was better and, I think, deeper. I'm just a realist. NSUguy is 100% correct in the fact that if we lost Moni or Sam we'd be done for. That is just level headed, boring way to view it. They play hard and rise to the occasion more than not, obviously. One step at a time.

All I am saying is for 2018 i already put in for time off for regions and the elite eight because I was sure. This team could do it but we have to play flawless and not foul out to do it.

No one pooped in cheerios but if I had to, it'd be in the worlds most bland cereal of all time, hahah
                    Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 01-11-2023, 07:51 AM.

Comment

• Well that game went about as expected…obviously would have preferred a different outcome, but nsu just made a few more plays down the stretch. Moni was terrific and msum has to find a way to slow him down if we meet again. He destroys the dragons almost every time we see him. Knew it was going to be a long night when he banked in his first three of the game. Not real impressed with a couple nsu players taunting the msum fans in the stands as the horn sounded, but not going to lose any sleep over it, I guess.

As far as the discussion on whether these teams are in the conversation with some of top teams in country…I think they are based on the fact that msum already played to the wire with black hills state (number 3 in country and final four member from last year) and that the top teams in the nsic historically do compete well with the top teams in country. Msum needs move on from a game they had every chance to win and get ready to play at smsu and usf. I expect their respective best shots when the dragons come to town.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                        Well that game went about as expected…obviously would have preferred a different outcome, but nsu just made a few more plays down the stretch. Moni was terrific and msum has to find a way to slow him down if we meet again. He destroys the dragons almost every time we see him. Knew it was going to be a long night when he banked in his first three of the game. Not real impressed with a couple nsu players taunting the msum fans in the stands as the horn sounded, but not going to lose any sleep over it, I guess.

As far as the discussion on whether these teams are in the conversation with some of top teams in country…I think they are based on the fact that msum already played to the wire with black hills state (number 3 in country and final four member from last year) and that the top teams in the nsic historically do compete well with the top teams in country. Msum needs move on from a game they had every chance to win and get ready to play at smsu and usf. I expect their respective best shots when the dragons come to town.
                        With all due respect what would you expect a team to do when the student section literally didn’t stop hurling insults at the players the entire game while on the bench and on the floor? Those five guys in the front row were borderline relentless. I’m not sure how they have voices this morning. You also maybe forgot to mention how part of the team went over there, Moni, Sam, and Coach Phillips included, to shake their hand or give them a high five after the game.

I don’t blame the student section for being that way, as that’s how I was during Northern games, while I was in college. However, never in my years has an opposing team came over and shook our hands. The taunting at the end was well deserved.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSUguy View Post

With all due respect what would you expect a team to do when the student section literally didn’t stop hurling insults at the players the entire game while on the bench and on the floor? Those five guys in the front row were borderline relentless. I’m not sure how they have voices this morning. You also maybe forgot to mention how part of the team went over there, Moni, Sam, and Coach Phillips included, to shake their hand or give them a high five after the game.

I don’t blame the student section for being that way, as that’s how I was during Northern games, while I was in college. However, never in my years has an opposing team came over and shook our hands. The taunting at the end was well deserved.
                          Thanks, I was wondering what was happening after the game

Comment

The initial taunting from Belka and Reede was directed at the fans in main seating section directly across from the benches of the two teams. I don’t believe there was any fans in that section being unruly during the game. The football team was sitting in their own small section along the baseline nearer the nsu bench and not close to the main seating area that was being taunted. Got no problem with nsu players giving a jab at those football guys. I get that it is fairly common for road teams to deal with some type of antics from the home football team players in attendance. I just thought after such a hard fought game by both teams it wasn’t a real classy move for a couple of the players to starting waving goodbye to the large grandstand of msum fans that were not seated anywhere near the football team. I’ve watched a lot a basketball games in my life and have rarely seen something like that. It’s not the end of the world, but I think some coaches (if they had seen their players to that) would have talked to them after the game and told them to not do that again in the future as it’s not a great look for the team. And to be fair, maybe Saul did have such a conversation in the locker room. Got no problem with nsu celebrating a hard fought road win. I think a couple guys took it too far in the moment. I think most coaches would generally tell their players to not interact with the opposing fans regardless of outcome. But maybe I’m too “old school.”

Comment

Agree 100%. I caught just a piece of Saul's post game interview and he said it was fun to play in front of a crowd, any crowd. He said Jackson probably knew a lot of those guys and so I'm sure there was some good trash talking last night. Obviously you don't want anything that crosses the line, but it is good to see a student section (football team in this case) in the game. I'm quite certain we were both involved in some student sections that would probably be frowned upon today. I can even remember Coach Meyer yelling at us for one game to shut up. I'm not even sure what caused that reaction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

The initial taunting from Belka and Reede was directed at the fans in main seating section directly across from the benches of the two teams. I don’t believe there was any fans in that section being unruly during the game. The football team was sitting in their own small section along the baseline nearer the nsu bench and not close to the main seating area that was being taunted. Got no problem with nsu players giving a jab at those football guys. I get that it is fairly common for road teams to deal with some type of antics from the home football team players in attendance. I just thought after such a hard fought game by both teams it wasn’t a real classy move for a couple of the players to starting waving goodbye to the large grandstand of msum fans that were not seated anywhere near the football team. I’ve watched a lot a basketball games in my life and have rarely seen something like that. It’s not the end of the world, but I think some coaches (if they had seen their players to that) would have talked to them after the game and told them to not do that again in the future as it’s not a great look for the team. And to be fair, maybe Saul did have such a conversation in the locker room. Got no problem with nsu celebrating a hard fought road win. I think a couple guys took it too far in the moment. I think most coaches would generally tell their players to not interact with the opposing fans regardless of outcome. But maybe I’m too “old school.”
                                Perhaps this is a function of Moorhead not often having much of a crowd at games. In the rare event NSU loses a home game, it is a common sight to see an opposing player or two have a very similar interaction with the NSU fan base, and not the student section. It is very often directed at the seats right along the court or toward the gray haired section of the crowd. You win a big game on the road, you get to strut a little. Nobody should be offended by that.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X