Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

No, I don’t think the football players should be approaching Gus or saying something to Nhialls family. Would prefer if the profanity is limited.

I wouldn’t be surprised if smsu and usf football teams show up and get after the dragon team this weekend. Would be great if they did, but obviously there is s line where it can deteriorate from just a little fun banter. The msum football guys going after a players family in the stands, etc. crosses that line in my opinion. Hopefully, football coach or AD cleans that up for future games.

I have also commented on this board in the past that I’m not a fan of allowing the nsu student section to stand down on baseline at their home games. No problem with the loud banter but think the fans should have to remain in the stands.
    Gotta get em all outta the portal first.
    4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
    2016 NSIC Champions
    🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

• Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

Probably a way that nsu could find to extend the bleachers closer to floor on that end. I think nsu asking for trouble if they let the students get that close…at some point some drunk student going to make contact with a player or coach. Could happen anywhere, but I think you increase the odds with the current situation along that baseline at nsu.
      It’s been going on for decades so that’s not happening. I would comment on the high school arena that Moorhead plays at but that goes without saying.

Comment

• Instead of complaining about loud students, we should be happy they show up for games as overall attendance is down. I looked at box scores and people are not attending games like they used to do. Hopefully with the holidays over the general public helps with numbers in the stands. The NSIC plays with high quality athletes and should be more appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
          Instead of complaining about loud students, we should be happy they show up for games as overall attendance is down. I looked at box scores and people are not attending games like they used to do. Hopefully with the holidays over the general public helps with numbers in the stands. The NSIC plays with high quality athletes and should be more appreciated.
          No doubt.

I was browsing some D1 games over the week (mainly on my phone) as I was kind of curious. Attendance is atrocious and students showing up seems extremely rare.

Checked into Nagy and Wright State playing at Green Bay (Josh moons new New school) and box score said like 2,400 but if there was 400 bodies in that place, I'd be shocked.

Also, Green Bay is going to have a new coach next year. Will Ryan's squad is really, really not good.

I will take all the noise and fan engagement we can get. Home/away for/against, just make some noise.

Comment

Instead of complaining about loud students, we should be happy they show up for games as overall attendance is down. I looked at box scores and people are not attending games like they used to do. Hopefully with the holidays over the general public helps with numbers in the stands. The NSIC plays with high quality athletes and should be more appreciated.
            agree !

Comment

attendance is down for a variety of people. Young sports fans have kids who are involved in stuff so they are just too busy or have conflcits. Seems like most nights Marshall has SMSU, and HS hoops and HS hockey all going on - same fans

also young people stay home way more than Gen X like me. we like to go to stuff and then go to the bar and socialize. young people not as much

finally COVID - people got out of habit - not sure it will ever get back to pre 2020 on folks showing up but hopefully eventually it does. I have noticed crowds way down in Marshall too - not just SMSU but HS football, basketball etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

No doubt.

I was browsing some D1 games over the week (mainly on my phone) as I was kind of curious. Attendance is atrocious and students showing up seems extremely rare.

Checked into Nagy and Wright State playing at Green Bay (Josh moons new New school) and box score said like 2,400 but if there was 400 bodies in that place, I'd be shocked.

Also, Green Bay is going to have a new coach next year. Will Ryan's squad is really, really not good.

I will take all the noise and fan engagement we can get. Home/away for/against, just make some noise.
                especially true on students ! I went to all the games as a student. I think many students don't care or aren't interested. I also think some work full time( college ain't cheap) but I do think less students "do things" lots of other options like video games Netflix , phones etc.

Comment

Was well aware of the fact that Moon made up attendance numbers at NSU. I don't know why he felt the need to do that rather than actually compile the real data, but it did happen and apparently continues.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSUgrad View Post

Was well aware of the fact that Moon made up attendance numbers at NSU. I don't know why he felt the need to do that rather than actually compile the real data, but it did happen and apparently continues.
                    NSUs always seems fairly accurate. I am pretty sure most or a lot of schools count season tickets whether they are there or not. I've mentioned before I was in Mankato and at the women's game counted around 90 people and the announced attendance was near 1,000.

I do agree though, I'd rather everyone just stick to actually people in attendance but that will never happen.

Comment

• If we are going to be mad about the NSU students so close to the court, maybe we should be worried equally about the USF baseline bleachers extending to the exact same spot on the baseline? Lol The NCAA rules say that the structure must be 12 feet back and it's not.

I dont actually have an issue with it, but more so just wanted to show how people can be very selective about who they go after... ;)
                      Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 01-13-2023, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• Nice camera work at the end of the southwest game. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
                          Nice camera work at the end of the southwest game. :)
                          Ugh....there were so many times that happened tonight. Worst I've seen it in awhile.

Comment

• Deep sigh. Wildcats blow a seemingly secure lead in the last two minutes and lose to Minot by 1. It was a sudden turnover-fest combined with some Minot 3's. At this point it is very apparent my preseason optimism was not correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by cat fan View Post
                              Deep sigh. Wildcats blow a seemingly secure lead in the last two minutes and lose to Minot by 1. It was a sudden turnover-fest combined with some Minot 3's. At this point it is very apparent my preseason optimism was not correct.
                              I think there is some internal stuff going on with that team......not going to be the season many expected I'm afraid. Hope I'm wrong

Comment

If we are going to be mad about the NSU students so close to the court, maybe we should be worried equally about the USF baseline bleachers extending to the exact same spot on the baseline? Lol The NCAA rules say that the structure must be 12 feet back and it's not.

I dont actually have an issue with it, but more so just wanted to show how people can be very selective about who they go after... ;)
                                Yea asking nsu fans to be in bleachers, actually designed for the fans, is same thing as asking usf administrators to renovate their entire gym to move bleaches back six feet. At some point you may even find your analysis comical…but I won’t hold my breath.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X