Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    The recent flop rule was probably necessary to stop the excessive flopping in years past, but now I think there needs to be some discussion of how it’s being called at times. It can’t be automatic flop call when ever there is contact and defensive player hits the floor. If offensive player lowers shoulder in post and defensive player ends up on ground then, at a minimum, it should be a no call, in my opinion. Can’t reward offensive player for lowering shoulder. Flop call was intended to stop defender from going to ground with light contact from offense. Definitely tough call for refs, but I think the flop point of emphasis for the refs has turned into instant flop calls at times without really considering the blow levied by offense player…on post moves for example.
    I think I know who you might be referring to...

Comment

Very impressed with your smsu team on Friday. They have some strength inside and some length and quickness on perimeter. I can see why you are optimistic for future.
      Majouk is a potential program-changer with his unicorn-ness. Not many teams at this level have guys with his length, no matter how skinny he may be. He had a really nice game against you guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

I think I know who you might be referring to...
        Yes…I think you do ;)

Comment

Majouk is a potential program-changer with his unicorn-ness. Not many teams at this level have guys with his length, no matter how skinny he may be. He had a really nice game against you guys.
          He has chance to be very good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
            Augustana is 6-10. They're nowhere close to making the regional.
            lots of season left

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

attendance is down for a variety of people. Young sports fans have kids who are involved in stuff so they are just too busy or have conflcits. Seems like most nights Marshall has SMSU, and HS hoops and HS hockey all going on - same fans

also young people stay home way more than Gen X like me. we like to go to stuff and then go to the bar and socialize. young people not as much

finally COVID - people got out of habit - not sure it will ever get back to pre 2020 on folks showing up but hopefully eventually it does. I have noticed crowds way down in Marshall too - not just SMSU but HS football, basketball etc.
              Just terrible student attendance this last weekend with two great teams in Moorhead and Northern in town. More convinced than ever students have little interest in campus life.

Yes, I know it is a long weekend, but they were just home for 1 month for break. They all went home again 1 week into semester? amazing

Comment

especially true on students ! I went to all the games as a student. I think many students don't care or aren't interested. I also think some work full time( college ain't cheap) but I do think less students "do things" lots of other options like video games Netflix , phones etc.
                i would say less than 100 students this weekend for 2 great games. just sad to see.

Comment

Very impressed with your smsu team on Friday. They have some strength inside and some length and quickness on perimeter. I can see why you are optimistic for future.
                  that was a very fun game. Great to watch both teams were good.

Comment

• Good weekend for the Mustangs getting a split against 2 good teams. They really played hard and well and with great effort. Hope it continues

Comment

lots of season left
                      If they don't win the NSIC tournament, they'll have to go something like 8-2 to finish the regular season.

Comment

If they don't win the NSIC tournament, they'll have to go something like 8-2 to finish the regular season.
                        So are you saying Augustana at 16-12 would have a chance at the regional without winning the nsic tournament?

Comment

So are you saying Augustana at 16-12 would have a chance at the regional without winning the nsic tournament?
                          Not really, I was trying to be generous. But going 9-1 and 3-1 in the conference tournament would put them at 18-12 which could have them in contention if their SOS is good enough.

Comment

Not really, I was trying to be generous. But going 9-1 and 3-1 in the conference tournament would put them at 18-12 which could have them in contention if their SOS is good enough.
                            No need to be generous. I suspect we're a year or two away from really being where we want to be again. Not that I'll complain if we go on a late-season run that defies the odds. :)

Comment

It's been so long since Winona last made it that you need a reminder of how it works?
                              That’s about right but I was referring to the conference tournament as I thought that’s what the reference was. Speculated maybe they cut back on teams along the lines of years ago. Thoughts of Augustana making the regional are ludicrous. Winona is ahead of them for crying out loud.

Comment

• Last weekend was very disappointing for NSU coming off the big weekday win at Moorhead. I knew the USF game would be a grind, but the Wolves had some good opportunities to win that one. The SMSU game was kind of a stinker. Credit to the Mustangs for winning, but the Wolves didn't look good. Credit where it is due, Kobe gave NSU a boost of energy and even made a shot. However, the fact that Saul saw it necessary for Kobe to play that much is a pretty good indication of how the rest of the team looked. The NSIC is a tough league and you need to come ready to play almost every night (you can take the Crookston games off). Northern will need to bounce back with Mankato coming to town on Friday for what should be a good game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X