Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
    Ran into Terry Porter and he told me he'll be in attendance like he is for all Mustangs games but that tonight he'll be wearing red. Just thought you few Huskies fans left on here would appreciate that.

He thinks Quincy was a good hire.

He thinks Heather Weems sucks.

he loves Underwood

He thinks no football at SCSU sucks
    Hopefully you reminded him to be there at 5:30...

Comment

• Last week NSU faced the #1 and #3 3PT% defenses in the NSIC and went 0-2. Tonight they face the #2 3PT% defense in the NSIC. I expect there will be a lot of shots on both ends from outside tonight. Whichever team is able to convert a higher % of those probably gets the W.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
        I continue to be dumbfounded by the Warriors this year. They look so good some nights (beating UMD on the road) and others look lost. I know it's part "live by the 3, die by the 3," but if they find consistent scoring, this team can make noise.
        No different than other teams that lack the complete package I suppose. Eisner likes players who shoot the three but he doesn’t have a David Zellman or David Johnson who can make them consistently all the time. They score some inside but it resolves around perimeter shooting and when it’s off, which is too often, they have big problems. This year it’s more off than on and I don’t see it changing. They will beat a Duluth but barely scrape by to a Crookston and a Concordia and get handled by a Bemidji (no offense coach) They have some kid coming in next year who supposedly shoots lights out so maybe hope for the future on that front but we’ve all seen prospects who don’t measure up so you never know and we’re talking one guy.

Most of all you have to have the players and by and large Eisner/Malvik have not shown the ability to bring them in regularly. Way too many puny guards and very little athletic length. Now and then they have scored, like with Kevion Taylor, but it’s been way short of enough. The guards they get are generally pretty good but you can’t ride them alone to glory. Perhaps Eisner’s ceiling worked great at NAIA but it’s not working at D2.

It’s truly my feeling that if Winona is going to get to any even modest resemblance of what they once were they need to get out the broom and start over. These guys have had enough time. May as well dump the AG as well. I now you all get tired of hearing it but to show the door to the two guys who built the most dominant D2 basketball program in the country for this is just an unforgivable sin.

Comment

• I know of a guy living in Stearns County that you can have. :)
          Alumni night was last Saturday and 8 guys showed up. In each of the past 2 years over 30 guys showed up each year. And I talked to a bunch of the guys who never even got a notification about the event.
          An alum who was a 4 year starter on the 3-peat NCC Championship teams still has not heard any response back to the original e-mail he sent back in May introducing himself and welcoming the new coach to the program. He's making it clearly obvious that he wants nothing to do with the alumni.

Comment

• With 9:19 to go in the first half the Coo has scored 4 points vs Duluth. If they stay at this pace, 16 points will set a lot of records.

Comment

• Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
              With 9:19 to go in the first half the Coo has scored 4 points vs Duluth. If they stay at this pace, 16 points will set a lot of records.
              You are missing out on the 2023 Foul Fest up in Aberdeen

Comment

• No, I saw the end of that half. Nice decision by the Mavs, down 19, to hold the ball at the end of the half and then fire up an airball turning it back over to the Wolves. SMH

Comment

• Wolves lead 58-39 at half.

NSU shooting 70% and 10-17 from deep. Dilling has come up big with 16 points. Moni was scoreless until very late in the 1st half but now has nine.

Mankato up 18-12 in boards and 9-6 in turnovers.

Kelby Kramer update, 0 points on 0 shots, three turnovers, one rebound

Comment

• Five minutes into the 2nd half Mankato has six fouls. If we don't get a Margenthaler Meltdown soon I'm going to assume he is no longer the Matt we all knew and lo....found entertaining.

Comment

• Ugly slogfest in Marshall, but the good guys came away with the W...

Comment

• The hot start tonight was enough for NSU to comfortably beat the Mavericks. The Wolves started 6-6 from 3PT on their first 6 shots of the game. They were 9-28 the rest of the way from deep, but that was good enough. Mankato is a physical team, but they were disinterested observers on defense for the most part tonight. NSU being able to extend the lead before half with Masten and Belka on the bench was huge. Dilling was fantastic tonight. NSU had had Mankato’s number in recent years. Tonight was a good bounce back after last weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                          The hot start tonight was enough for NSU to comfortably beat the Mavericks. The Wolves started 6-6 from 3PT on their first 6 shots of the game. They were 9-28 the rest of the way from deep, but that was good enough. Mankato is a physical team, but they were disinterested observers on defense for the most part tonight. NSU being able to extend the lead before half with Masten and Belka on the bench was huge. Dilling was fantastic tonight. NSU had had Mankato’s number in recent years. Tonight was a good bounce back after last weekend.
                          Won 8 of the last 9

Comment

With 9:19 to go in the first half the Coo has scored 4 points vs Duluth. If they stay at this pace, 16 points will set a lot of records.
                            How was the officiating? I heard it was mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                              How was the officiating? I heard it was mediocre at best.
                              One guy was REALLY good, one was so-so and the other was well, it was Yorky. :)
                              You can watch the NDSU game tomorrow afternoon and see how good the one guy was. From watching him officiate it seems that he had some really good training as a young official. :)

Comment

I know of a guy living in Stearns County that you can have. :)
                                Alumni night was last Saturday and 8 guys showed up. In each of the past 2 years over 30 guys showed up each year. And I talked to a bunch of the guys who never even got a notification about the event.
                                An alum who was a 4 year starter on the 3-peat NCC Championship teams still has not heard any response back to the original e-mail he sent back in May introducing himself and welcoming the new coach to the program. He's making it clearly obvious that he wants nothing to do with the alumni.
                                I don’t follow the basketball side of things super closely, but I was just taking a peak at the St. Cloud State men’s basketball attendance and it is atrocious if recorded correctly! They are apparently only averaging like 300 a game, what is happening!? I grew up in St. Cloud and I remember them averaging 2000+ while I was in high school (late ‘90s). I was friends with the son of the guy that was Halenbeck’s long-time facility manager at that time (maybe still us, dunno) and he said that during those ‘80s glory years the place was often packed. Listed capacity in the ‘80s was 7,500. I know that the sports media landscape was entirely different in the ‘80s, but there were already a lot of options in the late ‘90s. I wouldn’t blame hockey either. While the hockey team has had its most on-ice success in the last few years, the peak of attendance and reputation as one of the toughest and loudest arenas in the country was in the late ‘90s - early ‘00s when basketball was still getting 2,000/game. What is going on?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X