• Show
Clear All

• Bigler on Duluth: "They flop a lot"

Comment

• It's a dunkfest early in Marshall

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
        It's a dunkfest early in Marshall
        Even Phipps is getting involved in the festivities!

Comment

• Nice to finally make it back for a game, though last night's would have been more fun.

If Concordia wants to keep leaving Gus open that'd be just fine

Comment

• Big time win for the Mustangs!

Comment

• Dunwa Omot is your South POW. 27 last night. 28 today. 7 rpg too.

Comment

• Thought maybe the Vikes had some magic in them as that game came to a close. Encouraging that we didn't just give up when they had five or six minutes left and were down 15 or 16. But a win would have been a sweeter ending then a close loss.

The rest of the schedule isn't a particularly easy one. Hinker having a big game tonight was encouraging, so hopefully he keeps that up and Graves has some big offensive games. Think this weekend looked like he was coming back into form from where he left off last year. That would all be beneficial if he can keep it up over the last part of the schedule. I'm not sure where we are at statistically in terms of our chances to make the conference tournament, but I would love to see us at least make that this season. I would imagine it's got to be getting close now.

Comment

• Nice win for msum. Mankato shot the crap out of the ball and still not enough to beat the dragons. Baumgartner, Beeninga and McGhee is a heck of a backcourt. Baumgartner 17:1 assist to turnover ratio on the weekend is a a ridiculous statistic.

Comment

• Jordan Janssen last night became Wayne State's all-time career scoring leader at 1,943 points, breaking the record of 1,942 set by Grady Hansen (1979-83). Janssen set the mark in 124 career games to Hansen's 128.

Comment

• Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
                      Jordan Janssen last night became Wayne State's all-time career scoring leader at 1,943 points, breaking the record of 1,942 set by Grady Hansen (1979-83). Janssen set the mark in 124 career games to Hansen's 128.
                      No complaints that he's just about done...

Comment

Hopefully you reminded him to be there at 5:30...
                        he was ! but a bunch of people rolled in at half time of the men's game thinking the men played second. I know because they are people who only come for last part of womens game and then mens game. Most left after the end game anyway instead of staying. FWIW

Comment

Hopefully you reminded him to be there at 5:30...
                          in fairness SMSU has publicized it well. They try and get the news out. I feel bad for the women The stands clear out quite a bit after mens game too bad. Decent crowd for women still but it just looks empty

Comment

• Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
                            I know of a guy living in Stearns County that you can have. :)
                            Alumni night was last Saturday and 8 guys showed up. In each of the past 2 years over 30 guys showed up each year. And I talked to a bunch of the guys who never even got a notification about the event.
                            An alum who was a 4 year starter on the 3-peat NCC Championship teams still has not heard any response back to the original e-mail he sent back in May introducing himself and welcoming the new coach to the program. He's making it clearly obvious that he wants nothing to do with the alumni.
                            that's a fascinating post

Comment

• Originally posted by HumRsky View Post

I don’t follow the basketball side of things super closely, but I was just taking a peak at the St. Cloud State men’s basketball attendance and it is atrocious if recorded correctly! They are apparently only averaging like 300 a game, what is happening!? I grew up in St. Cloud and I remember them averaging 2000+ while I was in high school (late ‘90s). I was friends with the son of the guy that was Halenbeck’s long-time facility manager at that time (maybe still us, dunno) and he said that during those ‘80s glory years the place was often packed. Listed capacity in the ‘80s was 7,500. I know that the sports media landscape was entirely different in the ‘80s, but there were already a lot of options in the late ‘90s. I wouldn’t blame hockey either. While the hockey team has had its most on-ice success in the last few years, the peak of attendance and reputation as one of the toughest and loudest arenas in the country was in the late ‘90s - early ‘00s when basketball was still getting 2,000/game. What is going on?
                              crazy too see SCSU decline so much in the last 10 years

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

No complaints that he's just about done...
                                agree. he owns the Mustangs too

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X