Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

Wonder if the ease of streaming games also hurts attendance. Hearing nsic may start charging for streaming service next season.
    I was told they will start charging. If they do they better step up production. Often times they miss a dozen plays. For free I don't complain, if I pay I better see the action.

Overall the production and stream is very good though and we are lucky to have even if they charge.

I think they won't get many people to pay, Just the way people are after getting things for free -- see newspapers.

Also, I don't think most of those people will then show up and go to games. A few will but it will not really make attendance go up much. People will mostly find other things to do .

Comment

• I will pay BTW and just get a a season pass for all the away games. will be well worth it but I am not most fans

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
        Also, I don't think most of those people will then show up and go to games. A few will but it will not really make attendance go up much. People will mostly find other things to do .
        Bingo.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

I was told they will start charging. If they do they better step up production. Often times they miss a dozen plays. For free I don't complain, if I pay I better see the action.

Overall the production and stream is very good though and we are lucky to have even if they charge.

I think they won't get many people to pay, Just the way people are after getting things for free -- see newspapers.

That's interesting. I'd pay something for men's basketball, but not for any other sport that I might occasionally watch. I don't know what the revenue expectations are, but outside of a couple of schools (Northern and Augie) the number of really committed fans are likely pretty small. If they got 50 subscriptions from Wayne that would surprise me. Families of players will probably subscribe. Other than that? It'll be pretty limited unless the price is very low.

I agree that the impact on attendance will be almost zero. It is remarkably hard to get adults interested in going to a game even though Wayne has had good teams since Kaminsky got here. Attendance in Wayne has been low for at least fifteen years now, especially in the student section. I doubt Wayne draws even half the crowds that attended in the 1990's. In fact for the student section I'd say it is less than 20% of what it once was.

Comment

• MIAA has been charging for a few years. Season pass for all sports is $125, with an early bird special at $100. Has been well worth it for me to catch all the away games for football and basketball. Even watched home games when the weather is bad or I"m feeling under the weather. Also enjoy watching some of the other matchups. Since the pass covered all sports, I have watched a couple of volleyball games, and even soccer.

Comment

• Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post
              MIAA has been charging for a few years. Season pass for all sports is $125, with an early bird special at $100. Has been well worth it for me to catch all the away games for football and basketball. Even watched home games when the weather is bad or I"m feeling under the weather. Also enjoy watching some of the other matchups. Since the pass covered all sports, I have watched a couple of volleyball games, and even soccer.
              We were already getting all of that stuff (other sports included) for free. It'll be a bummer to have to start paying, even if it's understandable why they're doing it.

Comment

• Some ugly basketball over in Winona. Both teams look like they took a nap right before the game.

Comment

• I will be curious to hear simple's assessment of the officiating in this game. Seems the refs are on a mission to call everything possible on the Vikings in this first half. Akoi already has his third foul of the half with 9 minutes to go, Vikings are at 8 or 9 fouls already. Seems like some ticky tack stuff, but maybe it looks different in person.

Comment

• "Hinker and Helgren causing all sorts of problems for St. Cloud State." Would love to hear that for a few more years.

Comment

• Defense isn't allowed in McCown

Comment

• Sutherland is KILLING the Mustangs. 20 points in first half, Beavers up 50-34 at the break.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                          Sutherland is KILLING the Mustangs. 20 points in first half, Beavers up 50-34 at the break.
                          Bemidji is legit. Really wish the Vikes could have finished off their comeback last weekend and stolen away a win.

Comment

• Augie up 42-22 at half with true freshmen scoring 22 points for the Viks. There have been lots of open looks for 3pt. shots for AU and they are hitting them.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                              Augie up 42-22 at half with true freshmen scoring 22 points for the Viks. There have been lots of open looks for 3pt. shots for AU and they are hitting them.
                              Twenty One fouls in the first half!!! 21!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                                I will be curious to hear simple's assessment of the officiating in this game. Seems the refs are on a mission to call everything possible on the Vikings in this first half. Akoi already has his third foul of the half with 9 minutes to go, Vikings are at 8 or 9 fouls already. Seems like some ticky tack stuff, but maybe it looks different in person.
                                Well, the one guy isn't going to get any criticism from me,(ever) then Rhett is solid and then well, you have little yorky. Not in person, as I won't be as long as he's the coach, even with my favorite NSIC referee working the game(no, it not Riggs). Having some solid texting discussions with another member of this forum.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X