Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NSUguy View Post

He hurt something, haven’t heard yet if it’s knee or ankle. NSU4LIFE vows it was an intentional act by Upper Iowa but I haven’t seen a good enough clip yet to form an opinion. He hurt his ankle late in the game Friday night so I’m wondering if he aggravated it.
    Correct, nothing intentional, UIU guy went around him chasing his guy and their legs collided and he went down. Not even close to being intentional...I can't imagine why anyone would even say that. He got hurt Friday night and aggravated it Saturday. Start watching at 1:09.45, he will be in top corner of screen, not sure UIU guy even saw him to be honest. https://nsicnetwork.com/?B=505589
    Last edited by Peacock; 01-29-2023, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peacock View Post

Correct, nothing intentional, UIU got went around him chasing his guy and their legs collided and he went down. Not even close to being intentional...I can't imagine why anyone would even say that. He got hurt Friday night and aggravated it Saturday. Start watching at 1:09.45, he will be in top corner of screen, not sure UIU guy even saw him to be honest. https://nsicnetwork.com/?B=505589
      Apparently it was nsu4life…he says all kinds of things that many can’t understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peacock View Post

Correct, nothing intentional, UIU guy went around him chasing his guy and their legs collided and he went down. Not even close to being intentional...I can't imagine why anyone would even say that. He got hurt Friday night and aggravated it Saturday. Start watching at 1:09.45, he will be in top corner of screen, not sure UIU guy even saw him to be honest. https://nsicnetwork.com/?B=505589
        Regardless it was a hell of a win after Moni went out. Reede being on fire was the end of it. I love it when teams talk some trash and there was plenty to go around this game.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSUguy View Post

Regardless it was a hell of a win after Moni went out. Reede being on fire was the end of it. I love it when teams talk some trash and there was plenty to go around this game.
          Was a very good game, I thought when UIU tied it up at 76 we had the momentum and would close it out. Northern shot the hell out of the ball from 3 and hit a couple bigs ones down the stretch. Intense game throughout.

Comment

• Saturday's game was a fun one. Reede hit some unbelievable shots Dilling also made some big threes. It seemed like Northern was hitting everything there for a while, but actually they have had several better shooting games this season. NSU was mostly able to keep Hilmer from going crazy limiting him to 22 pts, 6 ast, and 5 TO. The biggest story coming out of the weekend is Moni's health. He tweaked something (ankle I believe) at the end of the game Friday night and appeared to tweak it again Saturday on the collision with Hilmer. I would love for him to be able to play this weekend, especially against Duluth but I don't know how bad it is. "I Hate Winter" is on tap and the hot tub is on order. Hopefully there will be a big crowd this weekend to see a fun team.

Comment

• Here is the one play from the Wayne/UMD game from the other night.

And this guy is considered by the NSIC to be one of the top officials the league has to offer.

Reid Ouse on Twitter: "In last night’s episode of #FloppingTech we have what is commonly referred to as an “ankle breaker” Talk about adding insult to injury. https://t.co/qAhRxpgYOX" / Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by fanofnsic View Post
                Here is the one play from the Wayne/UMD game from the other night.

And this guy is considered by the NSIC to be one of the top officials the league has to offer.

Reid Ouse on Twitter: "In last night’s episode of #FloppingTech we have what is commonly referred to as an “ankle breaker” Talk about adding insult to injury. https://t.co/qAhRxpgYOX" / Twitter
                Hahahahahaha

Thank you so much. This is truly abominable officiating. Yorko is out of his mind!

Comment

Ridiculous call. What makes it even worse is that went in favor of UMD, which has been the biggest group of floppers in history of nsic the past few years. Also Reid Ouse is a good basketball guy. Former Msum coach and now trains many top high school, college and pro players in the off season.

Comment

When I froze the video it looked like Austin Andrews tripped the WSC player. How did others see it?

Comment

• If Reid wants to keep cooking Yorko all week I'll gladly keep watching:

https://twitter.com/reidouse/status/...kjtHVY3zQ&s=19

Comment

• Woof, those are some hilariously bad calls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                          If Reid wants to keep cooking Yorko all week I'll gladly keep watching:

https://twitter.com/reidouse/status/...kjtHVY3zQ&s=19
                          Holy smokes, both of those are horrendous. Curious, do officials get graded/reviewed? I can't imagine after looking at either of those that it wouldn't have been discussed with him by whoever oversees officials?

Comment

• Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

Ridiculous call. What makes it even worse is that went in favor of UMD, which has been the biggest group of floppers in history of nsic the past few years. Also Reid Ouse is a good basketball guy. Former Msum coach and now trains many top high school, college and pro players in the off season.
                            Bad call on Mohr, obviously, at a really critical moment of the game. You could argue that it cost WSC a victory as it gave UMD a free throw with 40 seconds left. The game subsequently went to overtime.

I'm all in favor of some type of flopping penalty, but will admit it is really hard to enforce. Officials have a lot to watch as it is. Yet what do you do when an entire generation of players have learned to flop around like soccer players? It has to be penalized, not rewarded.

It gets trickier because opposing coaches, and I suspect referees, know who the floppers are by this point in the year. Any decent opposing coach will be in the official's ear from the start saying "Keep an eye on Mohr flopping. He's a flopper!". Does he sometimes flop? Well...if you were to choose a likely candidate from WSC's squad, yeah, that's who I'd identify as an opposing coach. Even if/when Mohr isn't flopping he has a sort of an unorthodox look to his movements. He's very light, he's long-limbed, he's wiry, and he's on the floor a lot. He doesn't move like most college basketball players move, although he is still very effective. He's been called for flopping several times this year, quite likely sometimes deserved, because, if I'm being honest, he appears to have a tendency to flail around a bit from contact. Maybe he can't help it... he's generally the lightest guy on the court by quite a few pounds. Anyway, officials seem to watch him closely now. At this point he's losing more calls than he is getting, and the call at Duluth was a pretty painful one.

Comment

• My two games to watch this weekend:

Fri, 5:30 - Duluth @ MSUM - the Walthall Assistant Bowl! Chad will be the NSIC's Donna Kelce this weekend, in the stands wearing a skinny tie for Wieck and full-rimmed glasses for Bergy. It's gonna be so interesting to see the very different demeanors on the sideline, as Bergy so far has been pretty mild-mannered for much of games, whereas Wieck is... well, he takes after Walthall in that way. In the last matchup on New Years Day the Dragons hit 50% from 3 (12-24) and Andrews struggled. I'm expecting both of those things to regress to the mean, and have a much closer game.

Fri, 5:30 - Wayne St @ Upper Iowa - This game is obviously huge in terms of implications for who can angle for that 2-seed and a first-round bye in the NSIC tournament. And we also have Janssen vs. Hilmer as two of the three guys up for South POTY. In the last game Hilmer and Jordan Eagins played to a dual, but Janssen out-rebounded Reid and that seemed to be the difference.

Comment

• A bigger question is who will the league, in their infinite wisdom, assign to officiate the game. Being that its a Friday night they won't have to battle with the Summit League for officials. I know one who won't be there since he's at Ball State that night. Will it be guys willing to call flops or not? Will it be guys who find imaginary flops(not going to mention any names) or any other calls just cuz they want to make sure that everyone knows how good of an official they are.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X