Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mark Emmert's Burner View Post
    My two games to watch this weekend:

Fri, 5:30 - Duluth @ MSUM - the Walthall Assistant Bowl! Chad will be the NSIC's Donna Kelce this weekend, in the stands wearing a skinny tie for Wieck and full-rimmed glasses for Bergy. It's gonna be so interesting to see the very different demeanors on the sideline, as Bergy so far has been pretty mild-mannered for much of games, whereas Wieck is... well, he takes after Walthall in that way. In the last matchup on New Years Day the Dragons hit 50% from 3 (12-24) and Andrews struggled. I'm expecting both of those things to regress to the mean, and have a much closer game.

Fri, 5:30 - Wayne St @ Upper Iowa - This game is obviously huge in terms of implications for who can angle for that 2-seed and a first-round bye in the NSIC tournament. And we also have Janssen vs. Hilmer as two of the three guys up for South POTY. In the last game Hilmer and Jordan Eagins played to a dual, but Janssen out-rebounded Reid and that seemed to be the difference.
    If you're going to go with 2, you really need to go 3. That Duluth/Northern game on Saturday is just as important and a good game too. Northern should be plenty rested after DESTROYING the baby huskies Friday night, I'm predicting 20+ points with no starter having to play more then 25 minutes and Moni being able to worry about just rehabbing his leg as opposed to playing a game. And because Northern chooses to start later on Saturday, most will get to see the later portions of that game.

Comment

• Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post

If you're going to go with 2, you really need to go 3. That Duluth/Northern game on Saturday is just as important and a good game too. Northern should be plenty rested after DESTROYING the baby huskies Friday night, I'm predicting 20+ points with no starter having to play more then 25 minutes and Moni being able to worry about just rehabbing his leg as opposed to playing a game. And because Northern chooses to start later on Saturday, most will get to see the later portions of that game.
      And there should be good crowds for both NSU games this weekend with "I Hate Winter". Hopefully Saul ends up in the hot tub after a weekend sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post

And there should be good crowds for both NSU games this weekend with "I Hate Winter". Hopefully Saul ends up in the hot tub after a weekend sweep.
        This fall there was talk about this for Tommy's homecoming and I was told something about a potential Barstool Sports showing, but I don't think either of those are going to take place.

I dont know if we'll see Saul in a hottub. The charismatic figure I thought was coming to Northern is almost a ghost and very much seems to keep to himself, or atleast a life that doesnt demand a lot of attention. Id love to see it but I'd bet against it.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

This fall there was talk about this for Tommy's homecoming and I was told something about a potential Barstool Sports showing, but I don't think either of those are going to take place.

I dont know if we'll see Saul in a hottub. The charismatic figure I thought was coming to Northern is almost a ghost and very much seems to keep to himself, or atleast a life that doesnt demand a lot of attention. Id love to see it but I'd bet against it.
          Probably just super bored living in Aberdeen...

Comment

• Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
            A bigger question is who will the league, in their infinite wisdom, assign to officiate the game. Being that it’s a Friday night they won't have to battle with the Summit League for officials. I know one who won't be there since he's at Ball State that night. Will it be guys willing to call flops or not? Will it be guys who find imaginary flops(not going to mention any names) or any other calls just cuz they want to make sure that everyone knows how good of an official they are.
            Who’s Simple cheering for in Aberdeen tonight?

Comment

• Don't get offensive foul on Akoi, looked like he tripped himself.

Comment

• St. Cloud isn’t very good. I wonder what happened to Mr Chatman. I thought maybe he would be in attendance but he didn’t make the trip.

Comment

St. Cloud isn’t very good. I wonder what happened to Mr Chatman. I thought maybe he would be in attendance but he didn’t make the trip.
                  I'd assume they had quite a few quit. They have four on the bench and it's incredible this game is even this close

Comment

St. Cloud isn’t very good. I wonder what happened to Mr Chatman. I thought maybe he would be in attendance but he didn’t make the trip.
                    I’d be curious where he went. He was a promising player here. I hope he’s happy but grass sometimes isn’t always greener.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSUguy View Post

I’d be curious where he went. He was a promising player here. I hope he’s happy but grass sometimes isn’t always greener.
                      I think they all should have learned that lesson

Comment

• What the hell the dirty dogs are killing the Dragons in Moorhead 71-47

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                          What the hell the dirty dogs are killing the Dragons in Moorhead 71-47
                          More shocking is Concordia-St up on the Coo

Comment

• Freakin-a. Go from beating Duluth to losing to Winona. Frustrating loss. Went ice cold in the second half offensively and let Winona shoot the lights out in half #2. Also had a fascinating stretch in the 2nd half when the Vikings were called for seven consecutive fouls. Don't see that every day. Between that and the Duluth game last week, it's starting to feel like the refs have it out for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                              Freakin-a. Go from beating Duluth to losing to Winona. Frustrating loss. Went ice cold in the second half offensively and let Winona shoot the lights out in half #2.
                              Life of a young team

Comment

• Final
                                SMSU 73, MSU 67

Mustangs have won 4 straight games in the series. They had previously never won 3 straight against the Mavs before this streak.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X