Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    Northern State University, your 2022-23 NSIC Northern Division and NSIC overall Champions. Time to go get sized for rings.
    Not so fast...

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Not so fast...
      Really.... Wolves have vanquished all serious competitors and rest of schedule is smooth sailing. How did Wolves get Ferris St.,Point Loma and Tx. am. kingville to Wachs arena?

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Really.... Wolves have vanquished all serious competitors and rest of schedule is smooth sailing. How did Wolves get Ferris St.,Point Loma and Tx. am. kingville to Wachs arena?
        Need I remind you of 20 point loss to Minot? Nothing is final until the end.

Ferris and Point Loma was part of the SCB Classic which announced Aberdeen as their location for this year's event like a year ago or so.

Northern hosted the Dacotah Bank classic in which Kingsville was a replacement for someone who didn't/couldn't participate (I don't remember who or what the reason was.)

Comment

• Question for any of the number wizards on here: over these next four games, what are Augie's best-case scenarios for making the conference tournament? Other than needing to win all four of the next four games, at minimum?

Like, is it just, "Hope like crazy that Winona, Mankato, SMSU, and Upper Iowa lose as many of these next four as possible?" Or is there more to it than that at this point?

My concern is that in these last four games, at least some of the teams Augie needs to lose will end up having to win (for example, we need Mankato to lose, but they also play Winona in one of these games, whom we also need to lose).

Is it too scrambled to really pinpoint which matchups matter most right now? Or is it basically, "Mankato and Winona need to lose no matter what, and it's icing on the cake if SMSU or Upper Iowa drop a few to close it out?"

Any input is welcome, even if it involves mocking me for being about as competent at math as an oak tree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
            Yeah, we're not a playoff team
            Incredible inconsistrency

also, we go into stall mode way too often with a msall lead and try to just use the clock. That worked great when we had Bruggeman to drive to the basket with 4 left on the shot clock and he would either make a layup or get fouled or both -- but we don't have that in this team so the stall game is hard to watch sometimes. They hold until 5 seconds lieft and then throw up a horrible shot. Hard to watch

I do get there are some real young guys getting lots of minutes and Lund getting hurt certainly does noty help. We all probably figured we were 1 year away from being in the real mix anyway, but then early on we really played well and there was so much to like I felt maybe we were going to be pleasantly suprised with a year of success greater than expected.

long term much to like

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
              Question for any of the number wizards on here: over these next four games, what are Augie's best-case scenarios for making the conference tournament? Other than needing to win all four of the next four games, at minimum?

Like, is it just, "Hope like crazy that Winona, Mankato, SMSU, and Upper Iowa lose as many of these next four as possible?" Or is there more to it than that at this point?

My concern is that in these last four games, at least some of the teams Augie needs to lose will end up having to win (for example, we need Mankato to lose, but they also play Winona in one of these games, whom we also need to lose).

Is it too scrambled to really pinpoint which matchups matter most right now? Or is it basically, "Mankato and Winona need to lose no matter what, and it's icing on the cake if SMSU or Upper Iowa drop a few to close it out?"

Any input is welcome, even if it involves mocking me for being about as competent at math as an oak tree.
              way to much of a mess. SMSU is 1 game from being # 1 seed in south and 2 games from missing the playoffs entirely !!!!!!!!!!

the next 4 games are huge for every South team. No team is out of it

Comment

• Last 12 minutes of first half against UMD was very ugly on Friday night. Way too many quick shots on offense. Also having McGhee and Beeninga in foul trouble not helpful. Too many quick shots on offense all weekend. That needs to get cleaned up before tournament time rolls around. Ball screen defense was also not great in either game. Msum in very good position, but improvements in some offensive and defensive schemes probably need to be looked at the last 4 regular season games. Need to finish strong and try to get a couple guys healthy for tourney time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

You forgot the part about Winona being called for the first five fouls of the 2nd half, per you.
                  You beat me to this one. :)

Comment

• Better watch out for that Concordia team, they might be playing as well as anyone iin the South right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
                      Better watch out for that Concordia team, they might be playing as well as anyone iin the South right now.
                      That's just great as Vikings have a play date with the goldie bears Friday afternoon. Having lost 63-61 earlier at their place, Augie cannot afford another loss.

Comment

• My two games to watch this weekend...

Fri, 5:30 - Upper Iowa @ SMSU
                        Sat, 3:30 - Upper Iowa @ Sioux Falls

With the South division so compact and these 3 teams in the thick of it, there could be chance for separation if Upper drops both. But if they take 1 or both, that will tee up for the final weekend to have a LOT of "scenarios". In the SMSU game it'll be funto see Cliff McCray guard Jake Hilmer, and in the Sioux Falls game we could see a dual between Hilmer & Cartwright.

Comment

• Amazing 6 minutes without a Viking foul.

Comment

• Might be the quickest game I’ve ever seen over in Bemidji. BSU gets called for their first foul at 3:49 to go in first. Refs letting them play on both ends. Wolves up 36-22.

Comment

• Cannot remember a game where Viks had less fouls than their opponent. 11 for CSP, 5 for AU. Brady Helgren has his best half in his young career 3pts 5rb, and a big presence around the rim.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Not so fast...
                                I think we are getting very close to being able to add another year to the list of NSIC championships.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X