X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HumRsky
    replied
    Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Was looking at SDSU men's BB attendance rarely do they go over 2000 with crowd size. The heyday's in the NCC were in 80's up to mid 90's. At NDSU 1653
    Even the Gophers are averaging under 9,000 (officially) so far this season. That doesn’t seem so bad for how bad they are this season, but in the old days they’d still average 12,000+ even in the bad years and I’ve heard that actual scanned tickets has been half that or less for many games this season.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Randall Herbst anyone?

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by fanofnsic View Post
    Saul Phillips to UWGB?
    Or Sundance I see?

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied
    Originally posted by fanofnsic View Post
    Saul Phillips to UWGB?
    Followed promptly by Paul Sather to NSU?

Leave a comment:

• fanofnsic
    replied
    Saul Phillips to UWGB?

Leave a comment:

• wsuguy87
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

fascinating to say the least. Not sure what is happening but part of it is students just don't go. anywhere hardly
    I was watching a Warrior game earlier this year when the announcer made reference to the "student section." I think there were 25 students. It made me sad.

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Was looking at SDSU men's BB attendance rarely do they go over 2000 with crowd size. The heyday's in the NCC were in 80's up to mid 90's. At NDSU 1653
    fascinating to say the least. Not sure what is happening but part of it is students just don't go. anywhere hardly

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Bigler has lost 5 of his 6 trips to Bemidji....

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied
    Interesting Msum fact: over past 29 games (including final 9 games of last season) the dragons are 25-4, which is one of the best stretches in Msum men’s basketball history.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

crazy too see SCSU decline so much in the last 10 years

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

No complaints that he's just about done...
    agree. he owns the Mustangs too

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    Originally posted by HumRsky View Post

I don’t follow the basketball side of things super closely, but I was just taking a peak at the St. Cloud State men’s basketball attendance and it is atrocious if recorded correctly! They are apparently only averaging like 300 a game, what is happening!? I grew up in St. Cloud and I remember them averaging 2000+ while I was in high school (late ‘90s). I was friends with the son of the guy that was Halenbeck’s long-time facility manager at that time (maybe still us, dunno) and he said that during those ‘80s glory years the place was often packed. Listed capacity in the ‘80s was 7,500. I know that the sports media landscape was entirely different in the ‘80s, but there were already a lot of options in the late ‘90s. I wouldn’t blame hockey either. While the hockey team has had its most on-ice success in the last few years, the peak of attendance and reputation as one of the toughest and loudest arenas in the country was in the late ‘90s - early ‘00s when basketball was still getting 2,000/game. What is going on?
    crazy too see SCSU decline so much in the last 10 years

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    I know of a guy living in Stearns County that you can have. :)
    Alumni night was last Saturday and 8 guys showed up. In each of the past 2 years over 30 guys showed up each year. And I talked to a bunch of the guys who never even got a notification about the event.
    An alum who was a 4 year starter on the 3-peat NCC Championship teams still has not heard any response back to the original e-mail he sent back in May introducing himself and welcoming the new coach to the program. He's making it clearly obvious that he wants nothing to do with the alumni.
    that's a fascinating post

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Hopefully you reminded him to be there at 5:30...
    in fairness SMSU has publicized it well. They try and get the news out. I feel bad for the women The stands clear out quite a bit after mens game too bad. Decent crowd for women still but it just looks empty

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Hopefully you reminded him to be there at 5:30...
    he was ! but a bunch of people rolled in at half time of the men's game thinking the men played second. I know because they are people who only come for last part of womens game and then mens game. Most left after the end game anyway instead of staying. FWIW

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X