Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stanger86
    replied
    Ugly slogfest in Marshall, but the good guys came away with the W...

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Five minutes into the 2nd half Mankato has six fouls. If we don't get a Margenthaler Meltdown soon I'm going to assume he is no longer the Matt we all knew and lo....found entertaining.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Wolves lead 58-39 at half.

NSU shooting 70% and 10-17 from deep. Dilling has come up big with 16 points. Moni was scoreless until very late in the 1st half but now has nine.

Mankato up 18-12 in boards and 9-6 in turnovers.

Kelby Kramer update, 0 points on 0 shots, three turnovers, one rebound

Leave a comment:

• simple as a $3 bill
    replied
    No, I saw the end of that half. Nice decision by the Mavs, down 19, to hold the ball at the end of the half and then fire up an airball turning it back over to the Wolves. SMH

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    With 9:19 to go in the first half the Coo has scored 4 points vs Duluth. If they stay at this pace, 16 points will set a lot of records.
    You are missing out on the 2023 Foul Fest up in Aberdeen

Leave a comment:

• simple as a $3 bill
    replied
    With 9:19 to go in the first half the Coo has scored 4 points vs Duluth. If they stay at this pace, 16 points will set a lot of records.

Leave a comment:

• simple as a $3 bill
    replied
    I know of a guy living in Stearns County that you can have. :)
    Alumni night was last Saturday and 8 guys showed up. In each of the past 2 years over 30 guys showed up each year. And I talked to a bunch of the guys who never even got a notification about the event.
    An alum who was a 4 year starter on the 3-peat NCC Championship teams still has not heard any response back to the original e-mail he sent back in May introducing himself and welcoming the new coach to the program. He's making it clearly obvious that he wants nothing to do with the alumni.

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied
    Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
    I continue to be dumbfounded by the Warriors this year. They look so good some nights (beating UMD on the road) and others look lost. I know it's part "live by the 3, die by the 3," but if they find consistent scoring, this team can make noise.
    No different than other teams that lack the complete package I suppose. Eisner likes players who shoot the three but he doesn’t have a David Zellman or David Johnson who can make them consistently all the time. They score some inside but it resolves around perimeter shooting and when it’s off, which is too often, they have big problems. This year it’s more off than on and I don’t see it changing. They will beat a Duluth but barely scrape by to a Crookston and a Concordia and get handled by a Bemidji (no offense coach) They have some kid coming in next year who supposedly shoots lights out so maybe hope for the future on that front but we’ve all seen prospects who don’t measure up so you never know and we’re talking one guy.

Most of all you have to have the players and by and large Eisner/Malvik have not shown the ability to bring them in regularly. Way too many puny guards and very little athletic length. Now and then they have scored, like with Kevion Taylor, but it’s been way short of enough. The guards they get are generally pretty good but you can’t ride them alone to glory. Perhaps Eisner’s ceiling worked great at NAIA but it’s not working at D2.

It’s truly my feeling that if Winona is going to get to any even modest resemblance of what they once were they need to get out the broom and start over. These guys have had enough time. May as well dump the AG as well. I now you all get tired of hearing it but to show the door to the two guys who built the most dominant D2 basketball program in the country for this is just an unforgivable sin.

Leave a comment:

• Thunder
    replied
    Last week NSU faced the #1 and #3 3PT% defenses in the NSIC and went 0-2. Tonight they face the #2 3PT% defense in the NSIC. I expect there will be a lot of shots on both ends from outside tonight. Whichever team is able to convert a higher % of those probably gets the W.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
    Ran into Terry Porter and he told me he'll be in attendance like he is for all Mustangs games but that tonight he'll be wearing red. Just thought you few Huskies fans left on here would appreciate that.

He thinks Quincy was a good hire.

He thinks Heather Weems sucks.

he loves Underwood

He thinks no football at SCSU sucks
    Hopefully you reminded him to be there at 5:30...

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    Ran into Terry Porter and he told me he'll be in attendance like he is for all Mustangs games but that tonight he'll be wearing red. Just thought you few Huskies fans left on here would appreciate that.

He thinks Quincy was a good hire.

He thinks Heather Weems sucks.

he loves Underwood

He thinks no football at SCSU sucks

Leave a comment:

• cat fan
    replied
    I continue to be dumbfounded by the Warriors this year. They look so good some nights (beating UMD on the road) and others look lost. I know it's part "live by the 3, die by the 3," but if they find consistent scoring, this team can make noise.
    If you hang your hat on shooting that many 3's inconsistent scoring is a feature, not a bug. Any team employing that strategy is very dangerous on the nights they shoot over 40% from 3. Most nights however they aren't going to shoot that high because it simply isn't sustainable over a season, especially if you don't have a good post player that forces defenses to sag and help. For the program as a whole, it's just a strange development as Winona formerly was known for defense, length, and athleticism. Not much question which model works better, but you have to be able to recruit the players.

A primary example is WSC. They currently lead the conference in 3 pt percentage, and a big part of this is that most opposing defenses choose to focus on Janssen in the paint (and as a bonus, in addition to scoring Janssen is an exceptionally good passer out of double-teams). Meanwhile, Winona is dead last in the conference in 3 pt percentage (29%), but they take quite a few more 3 pointers than WSC. Winona's lack of a post threat makes it tough on the shooters as defenses don't need to help in the paint and can focus on the perimeter.

So, can the Warriors get hot for a night or even a tournament? Absolutely. Would I bet on it happening? Not how I would invest my money...

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied
    They show some flashes, but they need to figure it out sooner than later as the nsic tourney will be here before you know it.

Leave a comment:

• wsuguy87
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by NSUgrad View Post

Makes you wonder why the person that wrote the Game Notes didn't do that. SMSU game notes provide further discrepancies: •SMSU and Northern State meet for the 100th time with NSU leading 68-31 in series that started in 1972-73.

https://smsumustangs.com/documents/2...ek9MSUMNSU.pdf
    When all else fails, trust Kelly Loft...

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X