Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In all seriousness I wonder when was the last time a school had a champ with one basketball team and the cellar dweller with their other team?

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
      Huge game in Maryville Thursday night vs UCO. MIAA regular season title, #1 seed in the MIAA Tourney and a possible Central Region Tourney Host all on the line.
      NW has been playing much better as of late than UCO has. I would lean towards NW to win the regular season title, but I know Hoffman will have UCO ready to go Thursday. The way UCO has been playing it wouldn't shock me if they beat NW and then lost Saturday at Newman to give it back to NW. Regardless, there could potentially be three more matchups between these MIAA powers over the next month.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChoHoopDad View Post

NW has been playing much better as of late than UCO has. I would lean towards NW to win the regular season title, but I know Hoffman will have UCO ready to go Thursday. The way UCO has been playing it wouldn't shock me if they beat NW and then lost Saturday at Newman to give it back to NW. Regardless, there could potentially be three more matchups between these MIAA powers over the next month.
        I hope you're right. I like that it is at home, but Northwest hasn't looked great offensively for a couple of weeks and UCO leads the league in opponents' FG percentage, so I have my concerns. I can see an ugly game of two really good defensive teams slugging it out for 40 minutes. I have the same concern about the aftermath with Mo Southern coming here Saturday... they seem really up and down this year, but there's a really good team in there on the right (or wrong depending on perspective) day.

I almost feel like we're still trying to find the right rotations sometimes. That's unusual for this time of year. Waters is still working his way back from injury I assume, but his minutes have been way down. Isaiah Jackson and Byron Alexander's minutes vary from night to night... down from where maybe they were earlier parts of the year, as both have been starters. As good of defensive players as they are, we can struggle to find points when they're both on the floor, because neither one of them wants to shoot the ball. It's not as easy or fluid as it has been, but it would be hard to expect that it would be.
        Last edited by Alfred33; 02-20-2023, 03:40 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=ChoHoopDad;n741133]

NW has been playing much better as of late than UCO has. I would lean towards NW to win the regular season title, but I know Hoffman will have UCO ready to go Thursday. The way UCO has been playing it wouldn't shock me if they beat NW and then lost Saturday at Newman to give it back to NW. Regardless, there could potentially be three more matchups between these MIAA powers over the next month. [/QUOTE
          If they were in different regions I can see both making the E8.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
            [/QUOTE
            If they were in different regions I can see both making the E8.
            You could probably say that about 2 or 3 teams in the Central every year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

You could probably say that about 2 or 3 teams in the Central every year.
              I would agree. Central region is stacked as always.

Comment

• Unless the conference tournaments end up with multiple unexpected winners it appears that Northern, Moorhead and Duluth are locks to make the regional.

Comment

• Central Region Women
                  CENTRAL
                  Rank School Overall DII Record In-Region Record
                  1 Nebraska-Kearney 24-3 24-3
                  2 Minnesota Duluth 24-3 24-3
                  3 Central Missouri 20-3 20-3
                  4 Minnesota State Mankato 22-3 22-3
                  5 Augustana (South Dakota) 21-4 21-4
                  6 Missouri Southern State 21-6 19-6
                  7 Missouri Western 21-5 20-5
                  8 Pittsburg State 18-6 18-6
                  9 Southern Nazarene 22-4 22-4
                  10 Fort Hays State 17-10 17-9
                  Central Region Men
                  CENTRAL
                  Ranking School Overall DII Record In-Region Record
                  1 Northwest Mo. St. 23-2 21-2
                  2 Northern St. 22-5 22-4
                  3 Central Okla. 19-3 18-3
                  3 Southern Nazarene 23-3 23-3
                  5 MSU Moorhead 22-6 20-6
                  6 Emporia St. 19-6 19-6
                  7 Minn. Duluth 20-8 19-8
                  8 Fort Hays St. 16-8 16-8
                  9 Sioux Falls 17-10 17-10
                  10 Southeastern Okla. 15-9 15-9

Comment

• Watching most of this 2nd half of UCO and NWMSU and I have a renewed fondness for NSIC officials. Haha

Comment

• Locks for Central Region:
                      Northwest Missouri
                      Northern State
                      Central Oklahoma
                      Southern Nazarene
                      MSU-Moorhead
                      Minnesota-Duluth

Bubble:
                      Emporia State
                      Fort Hays State
                      Southeastern Oklahoma State

If Fort Hays or Emporia State make the MIAA Championship Game, they will probably lock up a spot

Anyone else would have to win the MIAA or GAC tournament to get a spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Devin Albertson View Post
                        Locks for Central Region:
                        Northwest Missouri
                        Northern State
                        Central Oklahoma
                        Southern Nazarene
                        MSU-Moorhead
                        Minnesota-Duluth

Bubble:
                        Emporia State
                        Fort Hays State
                        Southeastern Oklahoma State

If Fort Hays or Emporia State make the MIAA Championship Game, they will probably lock up a spot

Anyone else would have to win the MIAA or GAC tournament to get a spot.
                        I'm not ready to count out Sioux Falls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

I'm guessing this would require Hays and Emporia both lose their first round MIAA games and no bid thieves in the MIAA/GAC?

Comment

Hard for me to see Sioux Falls jumping Fort Hays or Emporia State after what happened in the NSIC Tournament. I probably should’ve included them on the bubble but their resume is done and can’t be improved.

Comment

Bemidji is a better team than usf in the nsic in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

Bemidji is a better team than usf in the nsic in my opinion.
                                I was wondering last night if Bemidji beat MSUM but lost in the championship could they still get an at-large 8th-seed. They probably would've had too many blowout losses to be seriously considered. But I like their team (if not their 'resume') more than USF.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X