• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    It's like some kind of nightmare....
    Black hills st. onto championship round

Comment

• 1 example of how tough the Central Region can be… NW under Ben is 12-0 in 4 trips to the E8 vs 18-6 in 10 Regionals played with 2 of the losses to the eventual champ.

Comment

• Question for those that actually watched UMD's regional games (and I hope this post doesn't come across as snarky, I'm just genuinely curious)...

I noticed that Duluth's opponents in each game shot pretty poorly overall (UCO 30.5% FG, 26.7% 3PT; Emporia 42.6% FG, 29.6% 3PT; SNU 33.8% FG, 22.2% 3PT). That's 35.9% FG & 26.1% 3PT over the three games. So for those that saw the games, was it that Duluth was playing good contesting defense, or that the other teams were just missing shots they should make? I'm particularly wondering that after SNU shot the lights out the first two games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Emmert's Burner View Post
          Question for those that actually watched UMD's regional games (and I hope this post doesn't come across as snarky, I'm just genuinely curious)...

I noticed that Duluth's opponents in each game shot pretty poorly overall (UCO 30.5% FG, 26.7% 3PT; Emporia 42.6% FG, 29.6% 3PT; SNU 33.8% FG, 22.2% 3PT). That's 35.9% FG & 26.1% 3PT over the three games. So for those that saw the games, was it that Duluth was playing good contesting defense, or that the other teams were just missing shots they should make? I'm particularly wondering that after SNU shot the lights out the first two games.
          I didn't watch that closely to give you a great answer... I do know that against UCO, they blocked an absurd amount of shots. What little I watched SNU last night, they missed several 3's that they seemed to make against us, especially, Jackson... that kid was lights out the first two games and was like 2-11 from 3 yesterday. They looked kind of gassed, which isn't an excuse... they both played the same amount of games in the same amount of days, but I wonder if the emotional high of knocking off Northwest was somewhat difficult to rebound from. You hear people say that kind of thing, but I don't know.... you should be able to get up for a regional final.

Comment

• SNU was definitely a little taxed from Sunday. No other way to say it. Adam mentioned in postgame Duluth guarded the pick and roll differently than others do against us. I thought Duluth was very sound defensively but we just couldn’t get shots to fall. Same thing happened last year in GAC title game after beating Southeastern in the semifinals. Really felt like a replay of that.

Comment

• Duluth played quite poorly in first round game and got a bit lucky that Central Oklahoma greatly struggled. Duluth struggled for first 30 minutes of second round game against Emporia. Luckily Emporia too was struggling a bit and was not able to extend its lead. UMD played just ok in first half of the regional final. Drew Blair caught fire in the second half of regional final and almost single handedly carried them to victory. SNU shot ball a little better the first two games so was probably due for a bit of a regression on offense in the final. Duluth did play hard on defense, but I think UMD coaches would even admit they were a bit fortunate to come away with three wins in Maryville…which is all part of the game. Good luck to them in the elite 8. I think they will need more than drew Blair on offense to pull it out, but who knows…

Comment

• UMD is the 6th seed in the E8
                Last edited by NWFanatic; 03-16-2023, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                  UMD is the 6th seed
                  There wasn’t that much difference between northern, Moorhead and Duluth in the nsic this season. Umd was the preseason pick to win the conference. A couple weeks earlier umd played well and beat northern in conference semifinals. Msum beat umd twice, but umd also beat msum easily once at Moorhead. I don’t think there was much difference in the seatings in central region. Umd is a good team, but even by their own standards they were not overly sharp in the first couple games of the regional. They played good defense and were a bit lucky that all three teams they played also struggled on offense imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                    UMD is the 6th seed in the E8
                    I hate reseeding because it punishes upsets. If reseeding is a good idea why don't they reseed the bid dance after each weekend? (I'm not an idiot, I know the answer is $$$)

Rank the #1 seeds of each region, since before the tournament starts they are supposed to win the region, and let the bracket play out. UMD should be playing the winner of whatever region Northwest would have played had all the #1's won their region.

Comment

• Congrats to the UMD ladies on advancing to the championship game in Dallas next weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post
                        Congrats to the UMD ladies on advancing to the championship game in Dallas next weekend.
                        Lady Lions should have been there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

Lady Lions should have been there.
                          Just wasn't meant to be this year. I hope that experience will fuel next years team to take that next step!

Comment

• Watching Gonzaga blow their 72-62 lead to UCLA last night with around two minutes to play made me feel slightly better about what happened to our women’s team. What looked like a sure win turned into a one point deficit. BUT, the zags recovered and pulled it out whereas our gal missed a tightly contested drive to the bucket, sending us packing.

Comment

• Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
                              Watching Gonzaga blow their 72-62 lead to UCLA last night with around two minutes to play made me feel slightly better about what happened to our women’s team. What looked like a sure win turned into a one point deficit. BUT, the zags recovered and pulled it out whereas our gal missed a tightly contested drive to the bucket, sending us packing.

Gonzaga got too fixated on burning clock instead of keeping the pedal down. UCLA defense forced the Zags into taking bad (long) shots as the shot clock approached zero.

Comment

• D2 championship played in a 2% full arena is bad look. Not sure what can be done about it, if anything.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X