Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moorhead123
    replied
    Duluth played quite poorly in first round game and got a bit lucky that Central Oklahoma greatly struggled. Duluth struggled for first 30 minutes of second round game against Emporia. Luckily Emporia too was struggling a bit and was not able to extend its lead. UMD played just ok in first half of the regional final. Drew Blair caught fire in the second half of regional final and almost single handedly carried them to victory. SNU shot ball a little better the first two games so was probably due for a bit of a regression on offense in the final. Duluth did play hard on defense, but I think UMD coaches would even admit they were a bit fortunate to come away with three wins in Maryville…which is all part of the game. Good luck to them in the elite 8. I think they will need more than drew Blair on offense to pull it out, but who knows…

Leave a comment:

• LukeMcConnell1
    replied
    SNU was definitely a little taxed from Sunday. No other way to say it. Adam mentioned in postgame Duluth guarded the pick and roll differently than others do against us. I thought Duluth was very sound defensively but we just couldn’t get shots to fall. Same thing happened last year in GAC title game after beating Southeastern in the semifinals. Really felt like a replay of that.

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark Emmert's Burner View Post
    Question for those that actually watched UMD's regional games (and I hope this post doesn't come across as snarky, I'm just genuinely curious)...

I noticed that Duluth's opponents in each game shot pretty poorly overall (UCO 30.5% FG, 26.7% 3PT; Emporia 42.6% FG, 29.6% 3PT; SNU 33.8% FG, 22.2% 3PT). That's 35.9% FG & 26.1% 3PT over the three games. So for those that saw the games, was it that Duluth was playing good contesting defense, or that the other teams were just missing shots they should make? I'm particularly wondering that after SNU shot the lights out the first two games.
    I didn't watch that closely to give you a great answer... I do know that against UCO, they blocked an absurd amount of shots. What little I watched SNU last night, they missed several 3's that they seemed to make against us, especially, Jackson... that kid was lights out the first two games and was like 2-11 from 3 yesterday. They looked kind of gassed, which isn't an excuse... they both played the same amount of games in the same amount of days, but I wonder if the emotional high of knocking off Northwest was somewhat difficult to rebound from. You hear people say that kind of thing, but I don't know.... you should be able to get up for a regional final.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Emmert's Burner
    replied
    Question for those that actually watched UMD's regional games (and I hope this post doesn't come across as snarky, I'm just genuinely curious)...

I noticed that Duluth's opponents in each game shot pretty poorly overall (UCO 30.5% FG, 26.7% 3PT; Emporia 42.6% FG, 29.6% 3PT; SNU 33.8% FG, 22.2% 3PT). That's 35.9% FG & 26.1% 3PT over the three games. So for those that saw the games, was it that Duluth was playing good contesting defense, or that the other teams were just missing shots they should make? I'm particularly wondering that after SNU shot the lights out the first two games.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    1 example of how tough the Central Region can be… NW under Ben is 12-0 in 4 trips to the E8 vs 18-6 in 10 Regionals played with 2 of the losses to the eventual champ.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    It's like some kind of nightmare....
    Black hills st. onto championship round

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    It's like some kind of nightmare....

Leave a comment:

• simple as a $3 bill
    replied
    Well, at least west texas got beat tonight. I'll bet they really missed that awesome presence in the 3rd chair. :)

Leave a comment:

• simple as a $3 bill
    replied
    You're right(as per usual) I have since turned it off.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    Weick complaining already. 30 seconds in. SMH
    Quit helping the viewership of that game...whose team are you on anyways? Haha

Leave a comment:

• simple as a $3 bill
    replied
    Weick complaining already. 30 seconds in. SMH

Leave a comment:

• simple as a $3 bill
    replied
    You all need to stop disrespecting Little Isaiah. :)

Leave a comment:

• mosofan1
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post

I had given up on them when UMD was down 15 with 5 minutes left. But I kept it on and the crowd got loud. Winning three wasn't from the regional MVP Brooke Olson either. I thought that Lacy Stokes was on her way to get that award but she fell 15 seconds short of doing that.

Never tell me that the home court can't help you make a comeback. That was electrifying.
    It was a very exciting and heart-breaking game. What an amazing year by our ladies! Was the #5 seed in the conference tourney with 6 losses. Won the MIAA tourney after just falling short last year. Fell just two points short of winning the Central Region. This is a year that will always be remembered at MSSU. What a great group of young ladies! They have so much to be proud of both on the court and off. Very proud of them! The Joplin area and MOSO community are very proud of this great group. Good luck to UMD in the Elite 8.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    MSSU dominates 99% of the game and loses in final seconds. Kinda like Augustana losing by one point to the Lions on Sunday after the same scenario.
    I had given up on them when UMD was down 15 with 5 minutes left. But I kept it on and the crowd got loud. Winning three wasn't from the regional MVP Brooke Olson either. I thought that Lacy Stokes was on her way to get that award but she fell 15 seconds short of doing that.

Never tell me that the home court can't help you make a comeback. That was electrifying.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

It’s impressive when for many years we’ve been happy if both our teams just make it to the conference tournament.
    I meant embarrassing that we all failed to keep the Duluth men out, they aren't and shouldn't be embarrassed, lol.

Their women are amazing and classy and I wish I would have tuned in tonight.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X