Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LukeMcConnell1 View Post

He is not. Different guy calling the games this year. Same guy who has done their football games the past few years.
    Sweet! Their football broadcast was excellent… it really was one of the best on the MIAA network this fall, so I would imagine he does a nice job indoors too.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

Sweet! Their football broadcast was excellent… it really was one of the best on the MIAA network this fall, so I would imagine he does a nice job indoors too.
      Careful, I hear they might be bringing him back one more time just for Northwest to be the color guy!

Comment

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post

Careful, I hear they might be bringing him back one more time just for Northwest to be the color guy!
        Lol… that wouldn’t bother me.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

I thought the basketball broadcast vs. MOSO was excellent. It was a drastic change from last year.

Comment

38-27 UCO at half, Bronchos shooting 70% from the field. All I can say is WOW!!! Here is to hoping they cool off.

Comment

They did a little but NW couldn’t buy a bucket and had too many turnovers
              UCO 69 NW 58.

Comment

If UCO hosts the Regional they will be a tough out. They’re hard to beat in Edmond. Do they allow beer sales at Regionals?

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                  If UCO hosts the Regional they will be a tough out. They’re hard to beat in Edmond. Do they allow beer sales at Regionals?
                  That would be great if they do. They allow it at MIAA tournament and there are no issues. Still a lot of season to go and UCO still has to come to Maryville. However, if the Regional isn't in Maryville, I'd much prefer to head south with warmer weather than head north.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

That would be great if they do. They allow it at MIAA tournament and there are no issues. Still a lot of season to go and UCO still has to come to Maryville. However, if the Regional isn't in Maryville, I'd much prefer to head south with warmer weather than head north.
                    You'd have to eat eachother up down there to give anyone up here a chance to host.

Even if Northern could win out, youd both need to lose atleast two more games. Doesn’t seem very likely.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

You'd have to eat eachother up down there to give anyone up here a chance to host.

Even if Northern could win out, youd both need to lose atleast two more games. Doesn’t seem very likely.
                      Yeah, not specific to this year but it seems like every Regional has been hosted by NW or some variation of Augie, NSU, or Mankato over the last 7 or 8 years.

Edit: It was at least 2013 since it's been hosted anywhere but one of those locations. NW didn't make tourney that year so not sure on location that year. The year before we were in a different regional and went down to Midwestern State in Texas.
                      Last edited by NWHoops; 01-13-2023, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Edmond has lots of good hotels, bars & cafe’s but the gym is pretty small. IF you had a NW vs UCO final for example it wouldn’t hold the crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                          Edmond has lots of good hotels, bars & cafe’s but the gym is pretty small. IF you had a NW vs UCO final for example it wouldn’t hold the crowd.
                          Seats 3,000, from what I've found online

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

Yeah, not specific to this year but it seems like every Regional has been hosted by NW or some variation of Augie, NSU, or Mankato over the last 7 or 8 years.

Edit: It was at least 2013 since it's been hosted anywhere but one of those locations. NW didn't make tourney that year so not sure on location that year. The year before we were in a different regional and went down to Midwestern State in Texas.
                            The Mules did make the regional in 2013 and it was hosted by Mankato.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post

The Mules did make the regional in 2013 and it was hosted by Mankato.
                              Ok, so 2 years in a row at Mankato. I know 13-14 is when NW and UCM met at Mankato for the Regional Championship. We lost Starzl early to an achilles and lost in OT before you all went on to win the national championship. I was one of the approximately 75 total fans in attendance and then drove back home that night through a snow storm.

In the 10 years since the Regions changed, no Regional has taken place farther south than Maryville.

Comment

Anyone recall how many Regional tickets must be reserved for the visiting schools?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X