Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
    Anyone recall how many Regional tickets must be reserved for the visiting schools?
    Three

Comment

Edmond has lots of good hotels, bars & cafe’s but the gym is pretty small. IF you had a NW vs UCO final for example it wouldn’t hold the crowd.
      Nsic teams will try and help you to prevent such a dilemma ;)

Comment

The fieldhouse at NW isn't all that big either so what's the issue? Each school is allotted a certain number of tickets so as long as you get them early, you won't have a problem.

IMO, the question will be, if the regional is hosted in Edmond, how many folks from the great white north will travel to Oklahoma? The trip to the 'Ville is a pretty easy drive for many. The NW folks historically also turned out in droves which made getting a ticket difficult. Can the same be said for UCO?

Comment

Regionals aren't an airline: they're not gonna sell more tickets than they have seats. Might just be a tough ticket. Which is how it should be, ideally.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post
            The fieldhouse at NW isn't all that big either so what's the issue? Each school is allotted a certain number of tickets so as long as you get them early, you won't have a problem.

IMO, the question will be, if the regional is hosted in Edmond, how many folks from the great white north will travel to Oklahoma? The trip to the 'Ville is a pretty easy drive for many. The NW folks historically also turned out in droves which made getting a ticket difficult. Can the same be said for UCO?
            Assuming things continue as it currently looks in nsic, I believe that the only fans that would travel would be the northern state fans. But I’m not sure how large that group would even be if the trip were to Edmond, for example. I don’t believe there would be a significant number of fans that will travel will the other teams at the top of nsic.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeMcConnell1 View Post
              Regionals aren't an airline: they're not gonna sell more tickets than they have seats. Might just be a tough ticket. Which is how it should be, ideally.
              Well that isn't true. Regional in Winona in 2007 we had 12 of us in our group alone and had to stand on the floor between as 12 year old kids section and the Courtside seat fans. They just never stopped letting people in. Really, really fun atmosphere though, miss those days.

Comment

NW will travel well regardless of where the game is played.

Comment

I don't think people are worried about Northwest...

Comment

Since winning is a given at NW, I'm extremely jealous by the way, when you say well, what type of number are we talking about? 250 - 300 or we talking closer to 600-700? Just curious as I was not able to travel to any regional games but I did make it to Evansville for the natty in 2014.

Comment

Based on recent NW crowds at the Regionals (especially Sioux Falls in ‘16/‘22)I would expect at least 500 road tripping NW fans for the weekend games.

Comment

Based on recent NW crowds at the Regionals (especially Sioux Falls in ‘16/‘22)I would expect at least 500 road tripping NW fans for the weekend games.
                        Certainly didn't bring that to Aberdeen

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

To be fair, that was also 2021 and there were still quite a few people unsure of traveling to large indoor arenas due to COVID.

I'd say fanatic is pretty close for other years. Sold out Sioux Falls in 16 national championship. I'd say close to 500 last year at regional final there. Have had a few hundred at elite 8 games in Evansville with 1000 or more for championship games.

Comment

Covid and masks etc hampered attendance. The E8 that year was a hassle with mask mandate and waiting to get your temp taken just to get in the game plus they had limited seating allowed and separated people in the bleachers. It was a major hassle. I missed the Regional due to medical treatments. Were all those covid protocols in use there?
                            Last edited by NWFanatic; 01-16-2023, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Covid and masks etc hampered attendance. The E8 that year was a hassle with mask mandate and waiting to get your temp taken just to get in the game plus they had limited seating allowed and separated people in the bleachers. It was a major hassle. I missed the Regional due to medical treatments. Were all those covid protocols in use there?
                              I highly doubt it. I know the mask thing was on campus for awhile but I don't recall anything for that regional. I'd have to look back.

Comment

Well that isn't true. Regional in Winona in 2007 we had 12 of us in our group alone and had to stand on the floor between as 12 year old kids section and the Courtside seat fans. They just never stopped letting people in. Really, really fun atmosphere though, miss those days.
                                Seems like a lifetime ago.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X