Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thunder View Post

I'm just looking at Inkblot numbers as they currently stand and the NSIC teams have the edge due to a pretty good non conference season as a whole by the conference. SE Ok St probably has the best chance of taking another at large bid. If one of a few MIAA teams get hot (MOSO, Ft Hays, Lincoln) they could perhaps make it 4 MIAA teams as well. If teams keep playing at current levels I would expect USF, SMSU, UMD, and Wayne to all have a better chance at getting in than those 3 MIAA schools. My inclusion of Mankato was more in regards to them always seeming to get an invite if they are close. They have struggled lately, but if they reel off a bunch of wins they could also have a good argument to get in.

Of course if NSU, Moorhead, ESU, or SNU really stumble down the stretch they could fall out as well. But I would agree, there seem to be 6 teams that can plan on playing in March.
    Gotcha. A lot will depend on the h2h matchups of those teams competing for the last couple spots also.

Comment

seems very early with lots of moving parts.

regardless Mustangs will need to sweep this weekend to stay in the mix - which won't be easy. I hear Bemidji is pretty good

Comment

Southeastern OSU is being buoyed by its non-conference schedule, but they still only won against Wayne. The most likely (and only, IMO) scenario where the GAC gets two teams in is if SNU continues to play well and the Southern Arkansas does as well and wins the league tournament. I guess you could throw Southeastern into that role as well, but I just don't see that happening with how they've played this year. They've been healthy so I don't see a sudden jump in play coming for them.

Meanwhile if SNU ever gets fully healthy, not sure what the ceiling is.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeMcConnell1 View Post
          Southeastern OSU is being buoyed by its non-conference schedule, but they still only won against Wayne. The most likely (and only, IMO) scenario where the GAC gets two teams in is if SNU continues to play well and the Southern Arkansas does as well and wins the league tournament. I guess you could throw Southeastern into that role as well, but I just don't see that happening with how they've played this year. They've been healthy so I don't see a sudden jump in play coming for them.

Meanwhile if SNU ever gets fully healthy, not sure what the ceiling is.
          No guaranty snu wins the conference tournament…so two out of gac is very possible and maybe even likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

No guaranty snu wins the conference tournament…so two out of gac is very possible and maybe even likely.
            SNU could very well find themselves in the same awkward situation as SEOSU last year where they seemed to be in good position and got forced out by bid thieves.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
              seems very early with lots of moving parts.

regardless Mustangs will need to sweep this weekend to stay in the mix - which won't be easy. I hear Bemidji is pretty good
              I keep flashing back to 2006-07 season. We were right on the fringe and had good resume wins, but some key losses to good but not great teams (WSC, MSUM, Augie) had us on the outside looking in on selection day.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

SNU could very well find themselves in the same awkward situation as SEOSU last year where they seemed to be in good position and got forced out by bid thieves.
                Good point

Comment

Inkblot will have his work cut out for him this week in coming up with the central region bracketology. Many of the top 10 suffered losses this weekend and the bubble for the region is becoming quite crowded.

Comment

Inkblot will have his work cut out for him this week in coming up with the central region bracketology. Many of the top 10 suffered losses this weekend and the bubble for the region is becoming quite crowded.
                    Every week I somehow convince myself that the regional pictures are about to become clearer.

Comment

MSSU upset UCO to give them their 2nd loss but they still have a 1/2 game lead on NW as they’ve played 1 more MIAA game to date
                      Last edited by NWFanatic; 02-02-2023, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                        MSSU upset UCO in Edmond to give them their 2nd loss but they still have a 1/2 lead on NW as they’ve played 1 more MIAA game to date
                        Yesterday's upset was in Joplin, but it gave us the season sweep over the Bronchos. We are one of those bubble teams and have a lot of work to do to get in. But two wins over UCO will look good on the resume.

Comment

As usual it’s looking like the competition at the central regional will be similar (or maybe better than) the competition at the elite 8

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post

Yesterday's upset was in Joplin, but it gave us the season sweep over the Bronchos. We are one of those bubble teams and have a lot of work to do to get in. But two wins over UCO will look good on the resume.
                            My bad-I thought the game was in OK…still a huge win

Comment

If I were to have a vote in the current central region rankings, it would look like this:

1. UCO
                              2. NWMSU
                              3. NSU
                              4. Moorhead
                              5. Southern Nazarene
                              6. Emporia St
                              7. USF
                              8. SE OK St
                              9. Duluth
                              10. MOSO

Northern is playing well right now, but even if they run the table and win 9 more in a row (a VERY tall task), I don’t think they will host the regional without help. UCO & NWMSU would both probably need to lose a couple games for the Wolves to leapfrog both of them.

Comment

If I were to have a vote in the current central region rankings, it would look like this:

1. UCO
                                2. NWMSU
                                3. NSU
                                4. Moorhead
                                5. Southern Nazarene
                                6. Emporia St
                                7. USF
                                8. SE OK St
                                9. Duluth
                                10. MOSO

Northern is playing well right now, but even if they run the table and win 9 more in a row (a VERY tall task), I don’t think they will host the regional without help. UCO & NWMSU would both probably need to lose a couple games for the Wolves to leapfrog both of them.
                                I haven't even looked but I would guess we are back on the "not able to host due to state B's cycle". But, I could be wrong.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X