Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

I haven't even looked but I would guess we are back on the "not able to host due to state B's cycle". But, I could be wrong.
    Central Region would be March 11-14. State B is March 16-18

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post

Central Region would be March 11-14. State B is March 16-18
      Glad I could casually pawn the hard work of actually looking off to someone else. If we still had rep points on here I would toss you some! Haha

Comment

Mustangs now need to win about 6 in a row to be back in consideration

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
          Mustangs now need to win about 6 in a row to be back in consideration
          Really hoping they drop one of those. Specifically the one against us. And a few more wouldn't bum me out if it helps us claw our way up the standings.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
            MSSU upset UCO in Edmond to give them their 2nd loss but they still have a 1/2 lead on NW as they’ve played 1 more MIAA game to date
            UCO has the half game lead because they beat NW head to head. MIAA regular season will come down to the rematch in Maryville.

Comment

Originally posted by ChoHoopDad View Post

UCO has the half game lead because they beat NW head to head. MIAA regular season will come down to the rematch in Maryville.
              Actually, as Fanatic alluded to, they have the 1/2 game lead in the standings because they've played one more game and won it. 13-2 vs.12-2, but to your point, if they were tied, they would hold the tie breaker. The game in Maryville could loom large if we both hold serve the rest of the way. We have your nemesis (MoSo) to finish the season too.

Northwest has to beat Emporia tonight, which we haven't been able to do in the last 3 contests, for any of that to matter...
              Last edited by Alfred33; 02-02-2023, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

Actually, as Fanatic alluded to, they have the 1/2 game lead in the standings because they've played one more game and won it. 13-2 vs.12-2, but to your point, if they were tied, they would hold the tie breaker. The game in Maryville could loom large if we both hold serve the rest of the way. We have your nemesis (MoSo) to finish the season too.

Northwest has to beat Emporia tonight, which we haven't been able to do in the last 3 contests, for any of that to matter...
                UCO has struggled as of late, they don't have their form they had when they played NW last month. We are getting some pieces back in the fold from injury and I hope both teams hold serve until that game.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

Northwest has to beat Emporia tonight.
                  Today I am extremely pro-Bearcat because when Doty wins, everyone loses,

Comment

I hope the NW students have a good turnout tonight(I’m sure the townies/alums/players families will make a good showing).

Comment

• Originally posted by ChoHoopDad View Post

The 1/2 game lead has nothing to do with head to head. IF more than 1 team has the best final Conference record they are all co-Champs-head to head only comes into play on seeding for the MIAA tourney. Regional host/seed includes entire D2 record so who knows how that pans out.

Comment

• NW and UCO both won tonight. Will the non con schedule come into play in picking the Regional site? UCO is 6-0 while NW is 7-0 but NW played 5 D2 schools and it appears UCO only played 2?
                        NW finally evens out the MIAA schedule 02/09 when they play and UCO is off.

Comment

• Question for you NSIC folks. Do the doubleheaders alternate times each year? I’ve noticed the men player early and the women play late on Fridays and wasn’t sure if that’s how it always is or if that trades off.

Comment

• Originally posted by LukeMcConnell1 View Post
                            Question for you NSIC folks. Do the doubleheaders alternate times each year? I’ve noticed the men player early and the women play late on Fridays and wasn’t sure if that’s how it always is or if that trades off.
                            This is atleast two years of this now. My days of "complaining" about it are past. However, we went to a Northern home game a few weeks back and even my wife made the comment of "how depressing to even try to take the court for your game but you have to wait from all the people leaving."

It is what it is. While i personally would always choose to watch both games, the others in this house (including two females) are happy that we can watch the men's game and still get in a family movie after.

I do feel bad for the women, and like i said i would always choose to watch, but you cant force people to watch something. If they are entertained and want to, they will. I was in two different sports not to mention choirs back in the day and if I were to start ranting of how people needed to come watch us, I'd just have gotten laughed at, haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                              NW and UCO both won tonight. Will the non con schedule come into play in picking the Regional site? UCO is 6-0 while NW is 7-0 but NW played 5 D2 schools and it appears UCO only played 2?
                              I would venture to guess the non con schedule will have no bearing on the regional site. NW and UCO should play two more times this season. If NW can get even with UCO in the regular season, whichever team advances further in the conference tournament should have the leg up to host the regional.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                                NW and UCO both won tonight. Will the non con schedule come into play in picking the Regional site? UCO is 6-0 while NW is 7-0 but NW played 5 D2 schools and it appears UCO only played 2?
                                I'm sure strength of schedule and performance indicators carry some weight when they determine the host site. According to Inkblot's data, NW has pulled in front of UCO in SOS .515 vs .502, but none of that will matter if they beat us again in February. We control our destiny by continuing to win... Moorehead and Northern have stronger strength of schedules than we do, and Northern has the top RPI in the region too.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X