Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post
    Yeah, it seems they have done a decent job of avoiding those games in recent years. With 2-7 not having that much of a difference this year they should be able to do it again. The Central Region tournament should have some very high level basketball.
    Central region will likely be on par with the elite eight type games/teams. I really hope the committee tries to avoid teams from same conferences meeting in round one. Just more fun for all of teams/fans when they play a new team in first round.

Comment

• "Hope is a dangerous thing.. Hope can drive a man insane"
      4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
      2016 NSIC Champions
      🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post
        Yeah, it seems they have done a decent job of avoiding those games in recent years. With 2-7 not having that much of a difference this year they should be able to do it again. The Central Region tournament should have some very high level basketball.
        What do you mean 2-7? I see 1-8 being very close and can be anyone of those teams to survive the gauntlet. Very tough region.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thepeman View Post

What do you mean 2-7? I see 1-8 being very close and can be anyone of those teams to survive the gauntlet. Very tough region.
          Mmhmm, sure

Comment

• Originally posted by Thepeman View Post

True, I think there are a lot of teams that could win 3 games. If you look at the numbers (thanks again, @Inkblot) NW is pretty clearly going to be the #1 seed. 2-7 all have pretty even resumes and are probably locked in to the regional. The #8 spot has been a question mark all season and could be about 3-4 teams, all of which have a worse resume than the top 7. That is how the seeding will work out in my opinion. Any one of these 8 teams could catch lightning in bottle and win the thing. USF would be the weakest team purely based on Cartwright not being 100%. He has carried the lion's share of their offense and it's tough to shoot with a fractured elbow.

Comment

• Frankly, I'm not sure if it matters for seeding, but SNU has played exactly one game all season with a full complement of players. Just incredible what they've been able to accomplish battling through all the injuries.

Comment

• Originally posted by LukeMcConnell1 View Post
                Frankly, I'm not sure if it matters for seeding, but SNU has played exactly one game all season with a full complement of players. Just incredible what they've been able to accomplish battling through all the injuries.
                I feel like everyone kind of goes through that a little bit. We may not have been affected to the same scale as some other teams, but NW has had 3 starters out at different times this year too.... Dreamer was out early, Diego missed a game (we lost), and Waters was out for several games the latter part of the season. We might actually be as healthy as we've been all year now (knock on wood), if Waters is back to full strength. We're deeper this year than we have been in the past which is good with some of the injuries we've had. I've been worried a little about the number of minutes Stirtz, as a true freshman, has had to play this year. As the primary ball handler, he has to work hard all of the time... there was a little stretch of games where he kind of looked like he might be wearing down, but he seems to be reenergized of late. Obviously, NW will be the favorite, but this region is brutal... I don't think anyone could really surprise me by winning it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

I feel like everyone kind of goes through that a little bit. We may not have been affected to the same scale as some other teams, but NW has had 3 starters out at different times this year too.... Dreamer was out early, Diego missed a game (we lost), and Waters was out for several games the latter part of the season. We might actually be as healthy as we've been all year now (knock on wood), if Waters is back to full strength. We're deeper this year than we have been in the past which is good with some of the injuries we've had. I've been worried a little about the number of minutes Stirtz, as a true freshman, has had to play this year. As the primary ball handler, he has to work hard all of the time... there was a little stretch of games where he kind of looked like he might be wearing down, but he seems to be reenergized of late. Obviously, NW will be the favorite, but this region is brutal... I don't think anyone could really surprise me by winning it.
                  It's really not that brutal

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

It's really not that brutal
                    It is in comparison to many other regions in the country.

Comment

• Go Hounds!
                      B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                      Cyclone Power
                      ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

• Go Hounds!
                        B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                        Cyclone Power
                        ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

• Upset watch in the GAC. #8 Ouachita Baptist up on #1 Southern Nazarene 52-41 with 9:24 left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Devin Albertson View Post
                            Upset watch in the GAC. #8 Ouachita Baptist up on #1 Southern Nazarene 52-41 with 9:24 left.
                            Southern Nazarene down 66-61 with 1:50 to go.

Comment

• Down goes Southern Nazarene. Ouachita Baptist wins 70-67. The GAC will get two teams in now.
                              1. NWMSU
                              2. Northern State
                              3. MSU-Moorhead
                              4. Central Oklahoma
                              5. Southern Nazarene
                              6. Minnesota-Duluth
                              7. Emporia State
                              8. GAC Tournament Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

That spot is reserved for the annual act of GAC cannibalism, aka the GAC Conference Tournament.
                                Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X