• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
    Well done sir.

Comment

• Pretty terrible game for SNU tonight. Ouachita played extremely well and just out-played them. Couldn’t get on track offensively in the first half, couldn’t get a stop in the second. Ouachita hit some ridiculous shots in the second half to stymie any run. Disappointing to say the least.

Comment

• OBU may have helped NW host. Even with a loss in the semis or final of the MIAA they will still have the fewest losses in the Region

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
          You were correct sir. I guess some of us wasted too much time worrying about who would fill that final spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
            OBU may have helped NW host. Even with a loss in the semis or final of the MIAA they will still have the fewest losses in the Region
            Ben McCollum, Diego Bernard, et. al. helped NW host.

Comment

• Originally posted by Devin Albertson View Post
              Down goes Southern Nazarene. Ouachita Baptist wins 70-67. The GAC will get two teams in now.
              1. NWMSU
              2. Northern State
              3. MSU-Moorhead
              4. Central Oklahoma
              5. Southern Nazarene
              6. Minnesota-Duluth
              7. Emporia State
              8. GAC Tournament Winner
              Hope the committee adjusts slightly to avoid first round games between teams from same conference. Should be very easy to do this year. For example, make Central Oklahoma #3 and MSUM #4.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Ben McCollum, Diego Bernard, et. al. helped NW host.
                Agreed but SNU’s early exit likely locked it in even if NW doesn’t win the MIAA Tourney

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                  Agreed but SNU’s early exit likely locked it in even if NW doesn’t win the MIAA Tourney
                  SNU was not a threat to the one seed. The loss secures them in the 4/5 game.

Comment

• Originally posted by LukeMcConnell1 View Post
                    Regionalization needs to die a torturous, painful death. It's just appalling how ridiculous the whole idea is. I'm biased, but SNU being 9 is a complete joke. Make it a true national tournament and they'd be in contention for a top 4 seed in a region. Instead, you've got 13 of top 23 in Massey ratings in the Central region.
                    It has been said so many times it just gets old...NCAA is for student athletes but not allowing the best athletes to compete for the best trophies and championships. Unfortantely it probably really comes down to AD's and conferences that are not strong not wanting it to change because they know they get teams in and wouldn't otherwise.

Basketball and football in my opinion aren't even the worst it is volleyball.

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerAlum View Post

Unfortantely it probably really comes down to AD's and conferences that are not strong not wanting it to change because they know they get teams in and wouldn't otherwise.
                      If you want evidence of this just wander over the the General Discussion Football board. You could easily waste a day reading everything on the thread about changing the playoffs, but you will definitely be dumber for having read it all. Just some mind-numbing things being said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post

If you want evidence of this just wander over the the General Discussion Football board. You could easily waste a day reading everything on the thread about changing the playoffs, but you will definitely be dumber for having read it all. Just some mind-numbing things being said.
                        What were your least favorite things said in that thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

What were your least favorite things said in that thread?
                          Some posters who may have valid arguments against changes are more interested in trolling others than presenting a coherent argument most of the time. I lurked on the board for several years before actually joining, but when I joined I did so with the intention on not engaging with those types of posters. I understand this is a message board and there will be plenty of posters like that and they are more than welcome to say whatever they choose. I just won't be interacting with them.

Comment

• Upset alert in KC. Fort Hays leading UCO 30-22 at half.

Comment

• Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post
                              Upset alert in KC. Fort Hays leading UCO 30-22 at half.
                              This probably has to make Emporia as nervous as anyone. I don't think Ft. Hays can knock off both UCO and NW, but if they win today does that get them close enough in the numbers for the win over Emporia to put Ft. Hays at #7?

Comment

• An update after the MIAA Semifinal Games
                                1. NW Missouri
                                2. Northern State
                                3. Central Oklahoma
                                4. MSU-Moorhead
                                5. Southern Nazarene
                                6. Minnesota-Duluth
                                7. Emporia State
                                8. Arkansas Tech/Ouachita Baptist/Southern Arkansas/Henderson State

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X