Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

If that’s what qualifies as antics, this league really has gotten soft. Bob Chipman was more animated and profane than that ordering breakfast.
    I saw him punt a basketball into the rafters of Lee Arena after a game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Devin Albertson View Post
      An update after the MIAA Semifinal Games
      1. NW Missouri
      2. Northern State
      3. Central Oklahoma
      4. MSU-Moorhead
      5. Southern Nazarene
      6. Minnesota-Duluth
      7. Emporia State
      8. Arkansas Tech/Ouachita Baptist/Southern Arkansas/Henderson State
      Nailed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerAlum View Post

I think it speaks to character and thoughts towards a community and university.
        To me the act backs up what else I have heard about his character but his Twitter account is actually really good, but is he the one posting?
        If you took that as an attack on Hays then you didn’t read the article on why they did it. Remember this was done also during the Covid restrictions & he was just trying to keep a little fun going on with the players who were dealing with all kinds of new protocols that they never thought would be a part of their collegiate experience.

They were in western Kansas & said let’s go with a western look. If you notice him & his assistants regularly coordinate the same suits, pullovers or polos etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post

Regionalization is really bad for the women this year. I think the top 6 MIAA teams are all worthy of regional bids, and would make a lot of noise in several regions. But no more than 4 of them will make it. It's not as bad on the men's side this year in my opinion.
          It's horrific for the women this year. Homer alert, but what other region would have a conference regular season and tournament champion who went a combined 24-1 against conference foes, won their last 17 games, and finished 27-4 as an 8-seed? The answer is none.

Also, it's still beyond incomprehensible how SNU is behind a Pitt State team they thumped on a neutral floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by LukeMcConnell1 View Post

It's horrific for the women this year. Homer alert, but what other region would have a conference regular season and tournament champion who went a combined 24-1 against conference foes, won their last 17 games, and finished 27-4 as an 8-seed? The answer is none.

Also, it's still beyond incomprehensible how SNU is behind a Pitt State team they thumped on a neutral floor.
            I expected SNU to be 7 and Pitt 8, if for no other reason than to avoid an MIAA matchup in round 1. It is even tougher for MoWest. Advanced to the Elite 8 last year, went 25-7 this year, and don't even make the regional. This Central Region is just brutal for the women!

Comment

Check out where two-loss Tuskegee got seeded in the South Region...

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Check out where two-loss Tuskegee got seeded in the South Region...
                Misery loves company.

Comment

• SNU would have been the #1 seed in the East Region. There's got to be a better way to do this, if you truly want an "Elite" 8 and not lots of quarterfinal blowouts.

Comment

• It seems that winning 3 in a row in the Central Region is often tougher than winning 3 in a row in the E8.

Comment

I admit I don’t know much about it.

I guess I’m just thinking you could do that for almost any school in the league. Including Esu…

Comment

• I’m pretty sure I ask this every year for the regional tournament but will it be streamed anywhere?

Comment

• Originally posted by NSUguy View Post
                          I’m pretty sure I ask this every year for the regional tournament but will it be streamed anywhere?
                          MIAA network

It isn't listed yet but I'm quite positive they have always aired it. Unless you would be interested in a road trip?
                          Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 03-06-2023, 08:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ichabodhater View Post

If you took that as an attack on Hays then you didn’t read the article on why they did it. Remember this was done also during the Covid restrictions & he was just trying to keep a little fun going on with the players who were dealing with all kinds of new protocols that they never thought would be a part of their collegiate experience.

They were in western Kansas & said let’s go with a western look. If you notice him & his assistants regularly coordinate the same suits, pullovers or polos etc.
                            Oh I read the article when it happened. Doesn't mean it still wasn't a shot at Hays and western Kansas. Especially when you say you plan to wear them multiple times but never do.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

MIAA network

It isn't listed yet but I'm quite positive they have always aired it. Unless you would be interested in a road trip?
                              I thought maybe their network would do it. I’d rather pay the fee than get caught in the snow storms.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSUguy View Post

I thought maybe their network would do it. I’d rather pay the fee than get caught in the snow storms.
                                I may be mistaken, but I think playoff games are always free, but yes, it should broadcast over the MIAA Network. No guarantees, but I also don't believe that there will be a regional sports network swooping in to pick up the championship game and charging a fee for it (like last year). The last part would be a moot point if I'm wrong about the first part... lol.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X